Calling all Chicago DISers #3

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Hi gang!!! :flower3:

Here's our new home :goodvibes

For those of you that haven't joined us before, please feel welcome here - we always love having new people :teeth:

For those of you that are visiting the Chicago area, and would like some advice on what to do, or where to stay, please ask us as many questions as you would like - we always enjoy helping!!!!:goodvibes

So...onto the thread!!!! :)

Hello:wave2:

I am waking up for the second time today. I woke earlier with a migrane. I guess the rapid change in temp did it:confused3 I'm better now.

I think we are grilling tonight . It looks really nice out. I have now want spring to come :flower3:

Hope everyone enjoys the weather.

Happy warmer weekend! I found the new home!:thumbsup2

Hersey..I woke up with a headache today, also..for me, I think it's the change in temps and the wind. Hope yours goes away and stays away.

Slo, Disney on Ice did not seem to be hurting from the economy...it looked like it was sold out. Maybe people are going to the ice shows, etc instead of booking trips to Disney World...a whole lot less $$!

Mac...we watch American Idol every week. Last season, I was supporting David Cook all the way, and was really happy when he won. I remember telling Mark kind of in the beginning that I thought this kid could take this whole thing, they just kind of need to make him look more like a "star"!

Irish Dancer...I have been reading all those World for $1 threads over on the budget board, and I did check out the website a few times (enough to have that the World for a dooooollllarrr song in my head!). But, even if the promo came up, I would hesitate to book, as it just doesn't seem to be run very well over there.:confused3

Hi to all: Hope everyone has a good weekend...enjoy the warmer temps!

Morning everyone! Wow, a new home!! Thanks slo for keeping up the thread. We are home from DD11s basketball game, they won 20-2 :cheer2: .

I can't believe the weather - it is absolutely amazing! It certainly lifts the spirits. I heard one day this week they're forecasting almost 60 - woo hoo!

slo - we didn't get to Coraline yesterday, we use things like that as motivators for DS and he was supposed to get a good report from school all week. Well, Fri was tough and he got a medium report so we are making him wait until today for the movie. He actually took it pretty well and understood that he didn't meet the expectations, a very big step for him. I'll let you know after we see it today.

geffric - Happy belated Birthday to your DH! Hope he had a great day.

Tiggerrn - oohh, I wouldn't mind meeting Tom Hanks. I'm sure being a celebrity it tough with all the constant exposure but it's sad that they can't even be pleasant to those that are the reason they're famous - the fans.

rose - wow! That is a big crowd. I used to watch the show more in the beginning but not so much anymore, it's getting too commercial and I'm having a hard time believing they are cutting coupons and struggling to get by when they've bought a new $1.3mil house. I also feel sorry for the kids, constantly being on display like that. I'd HATE to live in that kind of fish bowl.

momto1 - have a good trip to Atlanta, "see" you Wednesday!

Hersey - sorry about the migrane, hope you're feeling better. I'm sure the huge change in weather was the issue. It would be amazing if this was the start to spring but I'm afraid it's not, I'm just going to try and enjoy it while it lasts.

Donna - I really haven't been back on the site since they changed the rules on the promo on Monday. I was totally disgusted with how they handled the whole thing, I think they did more damage to their reputation than benefit. I got the ASMu Fam Suite for $140 through hotels.com, not free but better than the $285 Disney is charging.

:wave2: to everyone else. I hope you're all outside enjoying the weather! I've got to go drag the sled and reindeer in from the front lawn. Didn't get them down before the big snow so they've been out there waiting for this thaw. Tomorrow I get to call DVC MS and see if I can transfer our June ressie over to the new Treehouses, I hope so!

Have a great one everybody! :flower3:

Hi everyone! :wave2:

It's been a while since I posted. I was really busy at work in January because of year-end stuff, and then I went to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships. (My skater from Naperville, Evan Lysacek, got 3rd. Really good, except that he had won the last two years, so he wasn't really happy. But at least he made the World team.) That was in Cleveland. I went with a friend from Detroit, and we had fun. We're not nearly as into the skating as we used to be, but it was good to see all the skaters we used to watch who are coaches now, and see the celeb skaters in the audience, and meet up with some of our friends. Even Vera Wang was there. She was inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I had to go get a blood test today. I got there and there were about 17 people in front of me, and only one person seemed to be doing the tests. :sad2: So it took about an hour until they got to me, but then it was quick. I had to fast because I was getting my cholesterol checked, so I was starving, and I went to Panera and barely made it there for breakfast.

I love American Idol! I'm kind of obsessed. :rolleyes1

hey, i didn't get the memo.

but i posted on the other home site before i came here.

slo, do all of us get new rooms here or do we have to share?

just bunk me with someone that likes to snack in front of the tv at night and i'll fit in fine....

homies: remember that February 15th is the start of diet day......

hey, i didn't get the memo.

but i posted on the other home site before i came here.

slo, do all of us get new rooms here or do we have to share?

just bunk me with someone that likes to snack in front of the tv at night and i'll fit in fine....

homies: remember that February 15th is the start of diet day......

I'm spending this week gorging on snacks and foods I won't be able to eat for a while like gyros ;) I'll be there for the 15th maybe a little gruppy but there. Ok back to cleaning for me.

Greetings.. thanks SLO for the new home..

I was outside today and guess what??? I saw LAWN!! :thumbsup2 ;) yes really.. lawn.. wow!! didn't know I had that under the snow..( is there a tongue in cheek smilie???)

Eric needs to finish his NHS application but his gf came over and now I am "supervising" Sort of.. just walking down to the basement every so often to ask a question or ?? ( make sure they are OK)

Geoff and DH are at a OA LLD thing.. so I am glad she is here or else I'd be alone.. although I was planning on fish for me and the cat..

I've finally taken the ornaments off the tree!

I finally brought in *most* of the remaining outside xmas lights today. The tree is still up, though we removed the decorations a couple weeks ago. We just haven't taken down the tree itself yet. I've also still got one long string of rope lights outlining the garage doors left to take down.

The entire back yard was still deep in snow this morning, now there's hardly anything left out there! It's amazing how much of it melted today.

Here's our new home :goodvibes

For those of you that haven't joined us before, please feel welcome here - we always love having new people

Hard to believe we've been together her 3 and a half years now! And still have new friends joining all the time!

Even harder to believe I've been on the DIS over 10 years now.

Evening all. Slo, thanks for inviting us in to our new place. Yes, it was Road to Perdition. We are the little white church that Hank's character goes in to pray and speak to the priest. It's really a Lutheran Church that they made look like a Catholic church for the movie. It was fun to watch the makeover and the movie shoot. We sat across the street during all the filming waving at Tom Hanks during the breaks. A couple of people from the congregation were inside the church and were able to meet him.
Mac, I would love to be your veggin' out in front of the TV, gorging on junk food buddie!!:thumbsup2 But I'm not sure I'm ready to diet starting the 15th. I'll be sitting here for a bit trying to come up with a reason to wait on that.:scratchin
Hi Leigh. Sounds like you had a nice time away.
Crissup, the outdoor star is still on the house and lights are still hiding in the bushes. DH was home today, but I was at work. Nuff said. :rolleyes: Congrats on your 10 wonderful Dising years.
geffric, keep one eye on those kids at all times. I don't want to see any more young folks on my unit!
ID, how was the movie. DD really wants to see that one. Tim Burton is a little odd in his movie making, but I did like Nightmare Before Christmas. I just don't want DD to be spooked.
Hersey, come on over here with that dust rag, please!!:wave2:

Love the warmer temps. Poor puppy though. He loves himself a little snow mound to do his business in/on. Found the last little patch this afternoon in the yard but now there's nothing left.:sad: What's a fruppy to do?!
Well, going to get ready for bed. Another 12 at the ol' hospital again tomorrow. Mac, be sure to have my back at church tomorrow. Thanks.

Found the last little patch this afternoon in the yard but now there's nothing left.:sad: What's a fruppy to do?!

Maybe you can get him a snow cone machine to make little patches with. :rotfl2: :lmao:

Tiggg We still have snow here. But don't bring your dog here, my guys do enough damage.

So did everyone get out yesterday? I was doing a few errands get this without a coat.:thumbsup2 :cool1: Not today though, it looks a little frosty.

Crissup Where do you come up with all this stuff? You must keep CarolAnn in stiches. :rotfl: Are you both going to the "Vacation as you wish"?

I want to see what interactive thing they have plus the dessert thing caught my eye don't tell Mac I will supposed to be on a diet. I'll leave some points for that.::yes::

Off to finish what I didn't get done yesterday. :wave2:

I'm so glad that everyone found our new home!!!!:goodvibes

How about these warmer temps?!?! :sunny:
It's amazing how fast the snow disappeared - it's almost totally gone here!!!:thumbsup2
My girls enjoyed the warmer temps - they were playing outside all afternoon:cool1: They really needed the fresh air - they aren't the type that likes to be cooped up inside :sad2:

Today we are taking a ride downtown - literally just a ride!!!
I need to pick up some posters, for the store, at Posters Plus, which is right across the street from the Art Museum. So Kevin is going to drop me off at the door, so I can run in, and grab my stuff, that I preordered yesterday. I have a customer that is coming in for something at the end of the week, and I didn't want to trust UPS to get it to me in time, so we are taking a ride :car:

HERSEY - How's your headache??? I hope you are feeling better pixiedust: I was getting headaches when we had that super cold weather. I don't know if it's a coincidence, or if that cold had something to do with it:confused3

Donna - How are you feeling today too? I hope you are feeling better alsopixiedust:

ID - I"m glad your DS understood why you didn't take him to see the movie. :) Were you able to go last night?

Leigh - Good to see you!!!! :wave2:

Mac - I've been cheating on my eating so much, that I will take Feb 15th quite seriously!!!!:thumbsup2 I found these cookies that I love, and eat them every night after dinner - I just love them!!! In fact, I decided that I'm giving them up for Lent, so I can quit them cold turkey :thumbsup2

geffric - Happy Belated B-day to your DH :cake:

Crissup - It's been such a wonderful 3 1/2 years too :goodvibes I feel like I've known you guys so much longer than that:grouphug:

TTTTiiiiggggernnnnn - That Tom Hanks story is so cool!!! I really like him - he's suppossed to be one of the nicest people in Hollywood, along with John Travolta:)

Well, I must get the girls and I fed so we can go take our ride :car:
Have a great day today everyone!!! :wave:

FEB 15th = D Day.........(Diet day)

catch you homies later, i'm going to church now.
got your backs, you're all good for the week.....:goodvibes

Crissup Are you both going to the "Vacation as you wish"?

I want to see what interactive thing they have plus the dessert thing caught my eye don't tell Mac I will supposed to be on a diet. I'll leave some points for that.::yes::

/quote]

Is that the title of this month's doorway to dreams event? If so, yes, we're scheduled for Saturday.

Alex and I will be there saturday too at 10 I think. See you too there.

Me too!! or Three or 5 or whatever LOL :thumbsup2 I'll be there are 10 and I am dragging DH.. maybe.. I signed him up for this event.. :scratchin

Shall we all meet for lunch or before or ??

Good Morning Everyone! :flower3: Our event went well on Friday night! I was able to leave at about 9pm when my duties ended. Last year, I needed to stay all the way til the end which was about 1am. So I was happy! :upsidedow Yesterday was a gorgeous day! I babysat the nephews in the morning then ran some errands with my sis! Today is full of :laundy: and cleaning! :rolleyes:

Hard to believe we've been together her 3 and a half years now! And still have new friends joining all the time!

Even harder to believe I've been on the DIS over 10 years now.
This reminds me, it is my 1 year anniversary with the DIS this month!!! It has been a wonderful year with everyone here! :goodvibes Thank you all for welcoming me into the DISworld!

Slo ~ Glad the girls were able to play outside yesterday! And thanks for starting a new home from us! Have an enjoyable ride downtown today:car:

Leigh ~ glad you are back! I love Panera! Their bagels are REALLY good!

Tigg ~ That's neat about Tom Hanks! He's one of my favorite actors!

Everyone else ~ Have a wonderful day! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!