BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Hello! We are staying here via DVC in March and I am about to put in a room request. I have been trying to figure out which DVC rooms are closed during the construction. We are staying in a studio and using the Touring Plans Reservation finder. I picked an upper level room facing the lake/ construction around 4531 so it is closest to the main lodge. Is this floor open currently? I see that there aren't very many studios on the 5th floor. Thanks!

None of the existing DVC rooms are closed or involved in the construction. The new DVC rooms are in the WL building or along the lake waters edge.

:earsboy: Bill

Hello! We are staying here via DVC in March and I am about to put in a room request. I have been trying to figure out which DVC rooms are closed during the construction. We are staying in a studio and using the Touring Plans Reservation finder. I picked an upper level room facing the lake/ construction around 4531 so it is closest to the main lodge. Is this floor open currently? I see that there aren't very many studios on the 5th floor. Thanks!
All the DVC rooms are open. DVC rooms currently only exist in the classic VWL (renamed Boulder Ridge Villas) building. Unless they are working outside particular rooms to paint them or do some other maintenance, they should all be open. As mentioned in another thread, floors 2, 3, and 4 are all essentially alike, so most plans only show floor 2 for brevity's sake. You shouldn't have any issues.

we just got back & stayed in 4539. we were originally assigned a room on the other side, and had to convince them that yes, we actually wanted to see the construction since it meant we could also see the lake. as a bonus, the kids loved seeing them work!

We just got back from our first stay at the villas at WL - and I have to say, it definitely won't be our last. Even with the construction, we loved every minute. we requested to be on the side w/ construction because we wanted the lake view - here are a few pics of the current progress!

20170116-IMG_5517-Edit.jpg 20170116-IMG_5521-Edit.jpg 20170116-IMG_5522-Edit.jpg 20170116-IMG_5523-Edit.jpg

Thanks for posting this, @gluestickgirl ! We are staying in the Villas for the first time next month and hoping a similar view for similar reasons... We stayed at WL 5 years ago, in two separate rooms but facing the lake (close to the lobby) and could see the Water Parade, which was my Father In Law's favorite thing outside of the parks. Anyways, I was curious to see what it looked like now!

Thanks for posting this, @gluestickgirl ! We are staying in the Villas for the first time next month and hoping a similar view for similar reasons... We stayed at WL 5 years ago, in two separate rooms but facing the lake (close to the lobby) and could see the Water Parade, which was my Father In Law's favorite thing outside of the parks. Anyways, I was curious to see what it looked like now!

if you sit just right, most of the construction is behind the rail anyways. ;) We sat and watched the boats till the sun went down one evening, and yes, definitely a good view of the water parade! We even could see a side view of it over at BLT later in the night.
20170116-IMG_5515-Edit.jpg 20170116-IMG_5525-Edit.jpg

We just got back from our first stay at the villas at WL - and I have to say, it definitely won't be our last. Even with the construction, we loved every minute. we requested to be on the side w/ construction because we wanted the lake view - here are a few pics of the current progress!
Thanks for the pics! Our feeling was the same--despite the construction (the noise of which was minimal), the views of the lake were great, included EWP. The pics also seem to show the colors for the cabins will be much more appropriate than originally feared by some. I have to say I love the dark rust color on the one cabin.

Thanks for the pics! Our feeling was the same--despite the construction (the noise of which was minimal), the views of the lake were great, included EWP. The pics also seem to show the colors for the cabins will be much more appropriate than originally feared by some. I have to say I love the dark rust color on the one cabin.

the cabin colors are definitely pretty in person - they echo the colors used throughout the resort. i like that they're giving them some variety, too!

I've read the 1st page and see expected completion is April 2017. Is this still expected? We were there 2 weeks ago and it looked like they still have a ton to do. I'm thinking of a Thanksgiving or Christmas stay in the villas, we are DVC members. Are the new villas expected to be open by then?

I just called down to guest services, and I don't know if this is old news or not, but she said that after March 31, the new pool, restaurant, and bike rental place will be open.
I called today and they told me that Roaring Fork will be open again mid May and there is no opening date for the new pool (last time I called they said Roaring Fork will be open again on April 1st). So I guess, as always, nobody really knows. Fingers crossed for the April 1st date. I will be arriving at the Lodge on April 30th.

I've read the 1st page and see expected completion is April 2017. Is this still expected? We were there 2 weeks ago and it looked like they still have a ton to do. I'm thinking of a Thanksgiving or Christmas stay in the villas, we are DVC members. Are the new villas expected to be open by then?
All will mostly be speculation until actual dates officially are announced. Based on the pace of construction so far, I can't possibly imagine that new villas (i.e., Copper Creek) will be open until late in 2017. . .if then. That being said, the classic VWL (some people call them Boulder Ridge--I refuse ;)) suites are certainly an option for staying at the Lodge. However, unless you own there, getting a room at VWL (or CCVC if open by then) at 7 months is a dicey proposition.

All will mostly be speculation until actual dates officially are announced. Based on the pace of construction so far, I can't possibly imagine that new villas (i.e., Copper Creek) will be open until late in 2017. . .if then. That being said, the classic VWL (some people call them Boulder Ridge--I refuse ;)) suites are certainly an option for staying at the Lodge. However, unless you own there, getting a room at VWL (or CCVC if open by then) at 7 months is a dicey proposition.

Yes, I understand why they have two names but I'm just getting used to MGM being called HS so this will take awhile. Perhaps VWL OG would have been a better fit. I'm really interested to see if the pts per night are the same or not. I can't see paying a lot more just to stay in the main lodge, but time will tell.

The April date seemed to be on the permit although it allowed for a later completion and I know that right from the start I was told late 2017. But my guess - that yes, at least some of the new rooms will be open by the holidays. There's a few signals pointing towards sales starting sooner rather than later. Just my guess though.

The April date seemed to be on the permit although it allowed for a later completion and I know that right from the start I was told late 2017. But my guess - that yes, at least some of the new rooms will be open by the holidays. There's a few signals pointing towards sales starting sooner rather than later. Just my guess though.

How soon would be sooner? Any ideas or guesses? Hoping to be able to consider buying into DVC at WL when these are finished. We are trying to determine a good time to visit to see the new offerings. we are considering Nov or Dec - what do you think?

We really wanted DVC at the Poly, but there were no one bedroom units - just studios or bungalows. The Poly Bungalows would have suited us fine but were way too costly for us on a regular basis. I am hoping that the WL will suit our needs better.

How soon would be sooner? Any ideas or guesses? Hoping to be able to consider buying into DVC at WL when these are finished. We are trying to determine a good time to visit to see the new offerings. we are considering Nov or Dec - what do you think?

We really wanted DVC at the Poly, but there were no one bedroom units - just studios or bungalows. The Poly Bungalows would have suited us fine but were way too costly for us on a regular basis. I am hoping that the WL will suit our needs better.

In a recent DVC email they indicated people should contact their guide about CCV although the couple of reports from people that did said the guides did not have any sales information yet. DVC also just increased the prices of resorts they are currently selling which has been done just prior to the sales of the last few resorts starting and I saw a report from someone stating a guide said sales would start in early March. The pool is scheduled to open this summer and the restaurant is supposed to be opening in a few weeks. All of these things together make me think that the March date probably is not too far off the mark even though guides historically don't know or at least won't say when sales will begin. I definitely think sales will be going on by the times you are considering in Nov or Dec.

In a recent DVC email they indicated people should contact their guide about CCV although the couple of reports from people that did said the guides did not have any sales information yet. DVC also just increased the prices of resorts they are currently selling which has been done just prior to the sales of the last few resorts starting and I saw a report from someone stating a guide said sales would start in early March. The pool is scheduled to open this summer and the restaurant is supposed to be opening in a few weeks. All of these things together make me think that the March date probably is not too far off the mark even though guides historically don't know or at least won't say when sales will begin. I definitely think sales will be going on by the times you are considering in Nov or Dec.

Historically, how quickly did others sell out? Should I be worried that the sales will be co,pleated by Nov? I guess that I could always go late March or early April......WWYD?

Historically, how quickly did others sell out? Should I be worried that the sales will be co,pleated by Nov? I guess that I could always go late March or early April......WWYD?
First, I agree with what KAT said about sales in her immediate post above. I see the signs pointing toward sales beginning in the not too distant future, though when is still up in the air. As for selling out, PVB and Aulani still aren't. In both cases, there are extenuating circumstances. For Poly, the lack of 1BRs or affordable 2BRs clearly hurt their sales. In Aulani's case, the distance and cost to travel there makes them a non-starter for many. I'd be surprised if CCVC sells out that quickly. For all the rooms they're putting in the south wing and the number of cabins (24 in total which is more than PVB has), you'll be fine to wait. I'm assuming you wish to see the new villas before buying (always a good idea), since obviously you can buy them as soon as DVC releases them for sale . . .whenever that may be.

It won't be sold out for a few years. I believe that VGF may have now passed BCV for fastest sell out but that was still over 1 1/2 years of sales and both of those resorts are small. And VGF was the only WDW resort in current sales for most of it's sale time while DVC still has PVB sales going so even if CCV is of a similar size it will still take longer to sell. There is no worry at all if you wait until November. I'd think the Nov/Dec date would be much better to see how the resort turned out too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter