BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

First, I agree with what KAT said about sales in her immediate post above. I see the signs pointing toward sales beginning in the not too distant future, though when is still up in the air. As for selling out, PVB and Aulani still aren't. In both cases, there are extenuating circumstances. For Poly, the lack of 1BRs or affordable 2BRs clearly hurt their sales. In Aulani's case, the distance and cost to travel there makes them a non-starter for many. I'd be surprised if CCVC sells out that quickly. For all the rooms they're putting in the south wing and the number of cabins (24 in total which is more than PVB has), you'll be fine to wait. I'm assuming you wish to see the new villas before buying (always a good idea), since obviously you can buy them as soon as DVC releases them for sale . . .whenever that may be.

Thank you!:thanks:
Yes, you are certainly right about PVB. We would own DVC there already if they had any 1 bedrooms or affordable 2 bedrooms. We almost bought there anyway until we thought about it and realized that it just would not work for us. I was incredibly disappointed. Owning at the Poly was my dream. We decided to continue to stay at the regular resorts in CL for now.

CCVC is my second chance. It seems like they will have some appropriately sized units and the WL, although not on the monorail, is close to the MK, so it is looking really good. However, we will certainly want to see the villas before buying.

It won't be sold out for a few years. I believe that VGF may have now passed BCV for fastest sell out but that was still over 1 1/2 years of sales and both of those resorts are small. And VGF was the only WDW resort in current sales for most of it's sale time while DVC still has PVB sales going so even if CCV is of a similar size it will still take longer to sell. There is no worry at all if you wait until November. I'd think the Nov/Dec date would be much better to see how the resort turned out too.

Thank you! :thanks:
It is good to know that waiting until November should be fine. We prefer to visit in the months from November to February and have just come back from a visit this month so that will work much better for us. I am anxious to see how it all turns out! :)

I didn't even think about possibly looking at a CCV while we are there in June, but it might be worth a shot to check it out (trying to convince DH to buy in eventually). However, I'd probably never buy direct, with resale so much of a better price.

@Babsy we also considered purchasing PVB - however, when we realized that what DVC wanted for a unit there was about 5 times what we paid for our beachfront timeshare on Kaanapali Beach in Maui -- we passed.

Tom

@Babsy we also considered purchasing PVB - however, when we realized that what DVC wanted for a unit there was about 5 times what we paid for our beachfront timeshare on Kaanapali Beach in Maui -- we passed.

Tom

I hear you!

Yes, the rates are very high. However, we keep going back to WDW and the rates for the resorts that we enjoy seem to be rising quickly. It is getting to the point of needing to change somehow for us. We just paid over $600 per night at the GF in SL. (and that was with a discount) With the Canadian dollar at only about 75 cents to the USD, we paid about $750 per night which is more than I am comfortable spending multiple times per year on an ongoing basis.

I keep saying that I will look at other vacation destinations, and have done so frequently. We have been to many places in the world, but WDW keeps calling us back. WDW is our happy place. I ma hoping that DVC is a way forward.

Thank you!:thanks:
Yes, you are certainly right about PVB. We would own DVC there already if they had any 1 bedrooms or affordable 2 bedrooms. We almost bought there anyway until we thought about it and realized that it just would not work for us. I was incredibly disappointed. Owning at the Poly was my dream. We decided to continue to stay at the regular resorts in CL for now.

CCVC is my second chance. It seems like they will have some appropriately sized units and the WL, although not on the monorail, is close to the MK, so it is looking really good. However, we will certainly want to see the villas before buying.

Thank you! :thanks:
It is good to know that waiting until November should be fine. We prefer to visit in the months from November to February and have just come back from a visit this month so that will work much better for us. I am anxious to see how it all turns out! :)
My wife was (is still) a lover of Poly; however, the lack of 1BRs kept us from seriously considering buying there as we prefer 1BRs. Plus, given how many units are available there, getting a studio there hasn't been an issue yet. We toured a studio and bungalow last February, and the guide even then told us that with the new build (CCVC), Disney had "learned their lesson" regarding not including 1 and 2BR villas. Given the cost of points for CCVC (unknown but certainly to be costly), we'll stay with our VWL points and hope to switch out a couple of times at the 7-month mark.

I love,love,LOVE thr look of the cabins....I wonder what the cost is going to be and just how hard it will be to get a reservation....I want to stay here soooooo badly. ..

I love,love,LOVE thr look of the cabins....I wonder what the cost is going to be and just how hard it will be to get a reservation....I want to stay here soooooo badly. ..
Cost per point is going to be in the $175 range. The point cost for a cabin will be high, though slightly lower than those at Poly. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. pirate:

Cost per point is going to be in the $175 range. The point cost for a cabin will be high, though slightly lower than those at Poly. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. pirate:

Ouch! that does sound high. VGF were only $163 per point, IIRC.

You are probably right, but I hope that it will be a bit lower than that. I was hoping more like $165-$170 per point. Oh well... we'll see when the sales start.

Ouch! that does sound high. VGF were only $163 per point, IIRC.

You are probably right, but I hope that it will be a bit lower than that. I was hoping more like $165-$170 per point. Oh well... we'll see when the sales start.
You could very well be closer than I, but it's been a few years since VGF points were released and in between we had PVB which had a high buy-in factor. I'm only saying $175 because it would follow suit of raising point prices with each new resort while giving them the latitude to knock off $5 a point as a lure for existing owners, or if new owners buy enough points, perhaps a $5 per point discount for them, as well. Certainly, it's not on the monorail which could be an ameliorating factor, but I don't see that deterring the cost too much since CCVC still will be newer.

You could very well be closer than I, but it's been a few years since VGF points were released and in between we had PVB which had a high buy-in factor. I'm only saying $175 because it would follow suit of raising point prices with each new resort while giving them the latitude to knock off $5 a point as a lure for existing owners, or if new owners buy enough points, perhaps a $5 per point discount for them, as well. Certainly, it's not on the monorail which could be an ameliorating factor, but I don't see that deterring the cost too much since CCVC still will be newer.

:thumbsup2 Agreed! Good points!

I'm going to guess that the retail price will be $170/pt and that they will be discounting off of it right away - more discount the more points you buy but a minimum of $5 off for new buyers. They have liked to offer a lower starting price for existing owners for a limited amount of time then increased it and that could easily be on the table too.

FWIW - they've never priced what I thought they might. :p Although in the case of VGF it was lower than I was expecting.

I'm going to guess that the retail price will be $170/pt and that they will be discounting off of it right away - more discount the more points you buy but a minimum of $5 off for new buyers. They have liked to offer a lower starting price for existing owners for a limited amount of time then increased it and that could easily be on the table too.

FWIW - they've never priced what I thought they might. :p Although in the case of VGF it was lower than I was expecting.
I will go out on a limb and say one of the two of us will be correct. :rotfl: Let's just hope it's not higher. . .:crazy2:

This DVC will sell out fast. The resort is so popular.

I would say it depends on the price per point. The amount of points to rent may be the same, but we still don't know what they'll try and charge. If it's around 100, then yeah, quick sell out is almost guaranteed. But if it's closer to the 150-180 mark, I think it will take a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter