BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

I would say it depends on the price per point. The amount of points to rent may be the same, but we still don't know what they'll try and charge. If it's around 100, then yeah, quick sell out is almost guaranteed. But if it's closer to the 150-180 mark, I think it will take a while.
I believe the $170 pp mark will be about right, perhaps $175, but with a $5 pp "discount" early on.

I'm looking at the one-bedroom layouts and it appears there is no door directly between the bedroom and living room? Do you have to go through the bathroom to go between the living room and bedroom?

I think it's just a hallway type area. You would go thru the kitchen then can either enter the bedroom (and you'll see the tub area much like in VWL when you enter the bedroom. Then there is a second door from the kitchen area that goes into the shower/toilet area of the bathroom.

I would say it depends on the price per point. The amount of points to rent may be the same, but we still don't know what they'll try and charge. If it's around 100, then yeah, quick sell out is almost guaranteed. But if it's closer to the 150-180 mark, I think it will take a while.

I don't see it much lower than the existing new sales. One thing to consider is if it is the same points per night as Boulder Ridge, you will not need as many points as the monorail resorts.

Thanks for all your input. I'm very interested in buying DVC here. I'm going in May so I hope there will be model rooms available to view at that time. I assume in the past they open models rooms available for tour as soon as they start selling the resort? I only own DVC resale and have never done a tour.

Thanks for all your input. I'm very interested in buying DVC here. I'm going in May so I hope there will be model rooms available to view at that time. I assume in the past they open models rooms available for tour as soon as they start selling the resort? I only own DVC resale and have never done a tour.

Yes, they will have models available when they start sales - or should. If not it would be a first I think.

DVC Member website is now listing Copper Creek as the next resort, opening sales to current DVC members as of 8 March, then to all others in April (5th?), and then opening in July. All that's left is hear what the point cost will be. pirate:

Looks like prices start at $176 a point with annual dues of $7.33. The annual dues seem unfortunately a bit on the high end.

Looks like prices start at $176 a point with annual dues of $7.33. The annual dues seem unfortunately a bit on the high end.
My guess is they'll offer a $5-$6 per point discount to current members to start bringing in the cost at $170-$71. I believe that's just about exactly what I said months ago. pirate:

Does anyone think it is strange a murphy bed was not included rather than the dresser with eclectic drawer pulls in the studios? Looks like they centered the TV rather than having it across from the queen bed and its closer to the pull-out couch and there is an open gap with nothing in it on the floor plan. I could maybe see not being able to squeeze in a stall shower since the old WL rooms were smaller, but a bed could have fit.

Does anyone think it is strange a murphy bed was not included rather than the dresser with eclectic drawer pulls in the studios? Looks like they centered the TV rather than having it across from the queen bed and its closer to the pull-out couch and there is an open gap with nothing in it on the floor plan. I could maybe see not being able to squeeze in a stall shower since the old WL rooms were smaller, but a bed could have fit.
Very surprised that the studios only sleep 4; doesn't bother me it lacks the ability to sleep 5, but I do think it odd, yes.

Forget the pricing.... does anyone that ever STAYED in a Pacific Northwest Lodge think that the "Ikea look" was a good choice?

Sorry - that decor looks like an Airport Hilton :(. Just our personal opinion..... we own at Bolder Ridge. If I got stuck one extra night? I just wouldn't stay in one of those boxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter