BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Stopped by yesterday, pool cabanas are next to the hot tub, boulders look like the rebar is finished and they are starting to get ready for boulder building. Wondering if they will restrict access to DVC only or share with lodge, restricting would increase DVC sales.

Stopped by yesterday, pool cabanas are next to the hot tub, boulders look like the rebar is finished and they are starting to get ready for boulder building. Wondering if they will restrict access to DVC only or share with lodge, restricting would increase DVC sales.

Boulder building. Oy! :crazy2: How about tree planting?

Thanks for the update disneynutz.

Other than BLT they haven't restricted the pools from the hotels and personally I think it's unlikely they would here. It won't have a slide nor by all appearances a kids play area so while they might try and use it to upsell I don't know that it would really add that much. And an exclusive DVC pool might give the thought that it is the one to be used by DVC and it won't be sized to cover half the hotel, VWL and the cabins.

Other than BLT they haven't restricted the pools from the hotels and personally I think it's unlikely they would here. It won't have a slide nor by all appearances a kids play area so while they might try and use it to upsell I don't know that it would really add that much. And an exclusive DVC pool might give the thought that it is the one to be used by DVC and it won't be sized to cover half the hotel, VWL and the cabins.

Cabanas are next to the hot tub area and from the artist drawings it looks like more will be built close to the villa building. The Cabanas might be a DVC buying draw. Membership magic is a direct buy program designed to make direct sales and I never thought that they would create different levels of ownership. That also tells me that what DVD did in the past might not be what they will do tomorrow. An all studio DVC didn't exist until the poly DVC was built so we will never know what's on their mind.

Cabanas are next to the hot tub area and from the artist drawings it looks like more will be built close to the villa building. The Cabanas might be a DVC buying draw. Membership magic is a direct buy program designed to make direct sales and I never thought that they would create different levels of ownership. That also tells me that what DVD did in the past might not be what they will do tomorrow. An all studio DVC didn't exist until the poly DVC was built so we will never know what's on their mind.

But cabanas went into the Oasis pool at PVB too. As I understand most pools will probably be getting them.

Very true we don't know what they'll do but I still don't think this one will be exclusive. IMO a couple of cabanas just isn't enough to warrant that as that in itself isn't exclusive and will probably be even less exclusive soon when they go in elsewhere.

But cabanas went into the Oasis pool at PVB too. As I understand most pools will probably be getting them.

Very true we don't know what they'll do but I still don't think this one will be exclusive. IMO a couple of cabanas just isn't enough to warrant that as that in itself isn't exclusive and will probably be even less exclusive soon when they go in elsewhere.

Wonder how they are going to keep track of dues and costs. Will boulder owners be paying for the pool upgrade? How will copper and boulder owners get build for maintenance and upkeep of the area? Who is building the area, Disney resorts or DVD?

We stopped by the Wilderness Lodge on Saturday, December 3rd for a quick visit. I only took a couple pictures of the construction outside of Roaring Forks. This is the wall that is hiding the patio construction:

IMG_2954_zpsknl8v5xr.jpg

And they have frosted the windows near Roaring Forks so that you can't see what they are doing to the patio:

IMG_2953_zpsawnhgspq.jpg

Then on Tuesday morning, Dec 6th, we booked a private water taxi from GF to FW for our breakfast at Trail's End. I asked the CM if he could take the boat past the construction at WL and he was happy to do it:

IMG_2995_zps6enebmbr.jpg

This is the cabin closest to the monorail and the least finished of all the cabins.

IMG_2996_zpsgcyl4ttx.jpg

This one has some interior walls and you can tell that there will be a chimney.

IMG_2998_zpsuuhevhfk.jpg

It looks like a few of the trees are dying. There are a lot of trees in the courtyard area. The Trout Pass bar is to the right, the construction wall which blocks the view of the construction from the pool area is in the middle, and the new grill area is on the left.

IMG_3003_zps4qycrnhy.jpg

This looks like it will be an open air patio.

IMG_3004_zpsykcmik10.jpg

This is probably the restaurant. The CM's on the boat said that there are job postings already for the new bar and grill. The marina building is getting a new roof.

IMG_3006_zpsnzsnjgkg.jpg

I posted a copy of these pictures to the main Wilderness Lodge thread.

Great pics and thanks!

Also, someone just attended the latest owners meeting and reported the following over on the VWL thread:
The cabins will sleep 8
The restaurant will be table service
There will be a community hall
There will be BBQ pavilions

And there will be suites which do sleep 12 (which gives credence to the rumors there would be GVs with the new resort)

As with most things, the final results of the construction for CCVC remain to be seen; however, nothing in the comments above seem unlikely.

For next June, we got a room, with a standard view. Should we upgrade to a courtyard view or save the $400 dollars? I just wonder how bad standard view will be by then.

Would it really be cut to 364 rooms? I was figuring There would be more than that. Either way, I'm very disappointed they've seemingly decided to designate part of the lodge to DVC. We may end up looking elsewhere if many of these rumored chnges take place next year.

Not sure why it matters if rooms are designated to DVC in regards to stay. It always seemed the prices of the rooms was lower than other Deluxe and rooms available, while good for guests I would guess not as profitable for Disney. If you don't want the resort to be more crowded, I understand otherwise doesn't impact my 4 walls.

Not sure why it matters if rooms are designated to DVC in regards to stay. It always seemed the prices of the rooms was lower than other Deluxe and rooms available, while good for guests I would guess not as profitable for Disney. If you don't want the resort to be more crowded, I understand otherwise doesn't impact my 4 walls.

I forgot about this post! Yea I was mainly concerned with room availability (discounted) and the resort being more crowded than before. I imagine it will remain quieter than most resorts simply due to location - which is a nice perk of the Lodge.

I forgot about this post! Yea I was mainly concerned with room availability (discounted) and the resort being more crowded than before. I imagine it will remain quieter than most resorts simply due to location - which is a nice perk of the Lodge.

There also will almost certainly be CCCV DVC rooms discounted too and you'll know that you'll be in the main building. At PVB the studios have actually been priced lower than the hotel rooms whenever I've looked and there was a a lot of inventory still available.

does anyone know the layout for the cabins? Will there be one bedroom DVC's in the new CCCV?

does anyone know the layout for the cabins? Will there be one bedroom DVC's in the new CCCV?
No one knows anything for certain, at least not anyone wiling or able to share. Based on several observations, intuitions, a few informational releases, and sheer guessing, it's beginning to look as though the cabins will be 2BRs though the exact configuration is unknown. While facts regarding the new suites in what was the south wing of the main Lodge are few (Disney has released very little), it's assumed that there will be studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs. According to a couple of people who attended recent owners' info meetings, the remark was made to them that the new CCVC will have GVs. . .in the wing under renovation, not the cabins. Again, most is speculation at this point.

No one knows anything for certain, at least not anyone wiling or able to share. Based on several observations, intuitions, a few informational releases, and sheer guessing, it's beginning to look as though the cabins will be 2BRs though the exact configuration is unknown. While facts regarding the new suites in what was the south wing of the main Lodge are few (Disney has released very little), it's assumed that there will be studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs. According to a couple of people who attended recent owners' info meetings, the remark was made to them that the new CCVC will have GVs. . .in the wing under renovation, not the cabins. Again, most is speculation at this point.

Thank you so much.

That is just what I was a wondering.

Babs

Thank you so much.

That is just what I was a wondering.

Babs
Glad I could help. . .or at least fuel more speculation. ;) My wife was reading notes released from the condo association meeting, and they confirm there will be GVs with CCVC, the BBQ pavilions, and a sports court among other things. Stay tuned for more.

Considering changing my June 2017 trip from POR to a Villa Studio. How much will the construction effect our stay? We have never stayed at WL before. Im not as concerned about the noise as much as the pool situation. We will have two 5 yr olds and are planning more pool time this trip

Considering changing my June 2017 trip from POR to a Villa Studio. How much will the construction effect our stay? We have never stayed at WL before. Im not as concerned about the noise as much as the pool situation. We will have two 5 yr olds and are planning more pool time this trip
They would love the children's splash pad and the pool slide. If the villa pool is open by the time you arrive then they can have a zero entry pool to play in, too. :)

The main pool is open. The only question would be if you would have two pools to choose from but you'll definitely have one and there is the water play area at the main pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!