"Big Gift" for 2007

I'm so excited to say that for the very first time, I actually have some gifts purchased already!!!:cool1:
I was able to find the wii about two weeks ago and have that put aside for ds9 and ds6. They will have no idea about this one, since every time they mention someone else's I always say something like, "oh, don't ask santa for that, that is way too big a gift" or even "you know I don't like you guys to play video games, so santa won't bring that". But really they don't even ask, I just see the way their eyes light up when they play their cousins!:goodvibes
I bought my dd3 a calico critters dollhouse from qvc that came in an awesome package with all the furniture! And some bitty baby clothes when AG was having a good sale. I just need to buy her the bitty twins, but am holding out for a code.
DS (soon to be two!) is so into Thomas!!! He is getting a train table next week for his birthday, and the basic figure eight set. So for Christmas it will be pieces of the set, accessories and trains!
And lastly, sadly we lost our beloved chocolate lab this past june (he was so old):sad2: and the kids really want another pet. I just can't get a dog at this point, but we will be suprising the kiddies with a kitten on Christmas morning. We've been thinking about getting one for a long time and decided it would be such a magical gift:cloud9: .
Hopefully this year, i'll be done by thanksgiving and can enjoy the season!

I'll be on the hunt for a Wii as a combined big gift for the kids.

:thumbsup2 Let me know when you come across a sale....That's what they want (they actually wanted one each!), even though they know there won't be much more than that. I have a few things things stashed away to add to it, but we are also going to WDW right before Christmas, so they can pick something small out there.

That's a great idea! My DS is an only child. I started this insane tradition of celebrating our version of the 12 Days of Christmas. Bad idea! :sad2: He'll be a Sophmore in HS this year. I'm running out of things to buy for the 12 Days, as well as gifts from us & Santa. I think next year I'll start getting him stuff he can use at college. Thanks for the idea. :thumbsup2

12 days of Christmas is better than the Advent box that my neighbor gave my boys. It is wooden and has a little door for each day of December through the 25th...Technically, you are supposed to be able to fit your little treasure in the door, but I could never find anything that small X2..so I put little notes/clues for hiding places for a treasure. I started out with Dollar Tree items, but 24 days with 2 treasures for each boy at $1 each--$50 for a bunch of junk!! I need to think of something better this year, they will definitely be asking for the box to be set out..

ds is 5 and loves the nintendo lite. they pretty much have outgrown the leapsters. I ended up buying one for him also so they can play each other.

a wii for my 3. it's stashed at gramma's right now. I was tempted last week to give it to them when my nephew was over really talking up his.

DS wants a metal detector and DD wants a TV. However, we are doing a Grand Gathering at WDW for Christmas and plan to cut back on presents. We are going with DB, DSIL, 2 Dnieces, 2 Dnephews, and grandparents. We will not be exchanging gifts with them.

sign us up for a Wii too! DH and I have also been discussing a projection system for the Living room. Playing lifesize Wii may be fun!:lmao:

My ds is 4 years old and has been playing gameboy and leapster since last year. He wants a ds this year as well.

My 4 yo is asking for a nintendods lite?? She is 4 years old! But that is what she keeps asking for. I do not know what to do...:confused3

DD15 wants a digital camera, and DS13 wants a DS lite or a PSP, he hasn't decided yet, so I'm sure those will be their big gifts.

You guys are making me feel better about getting the ds lite! I am hoping for a sale on black friday.:thumbsup2 I need to get the nintendogs game that is her favorite!

I have four kids that are 10,7,5 and 2. I have the boys Santa stuff all sorted out-spent around $60 and that is done-they will get around 6 gifts each. My daughter I still have to shop for. Under the tree they usually get 2 presents but as we are going to Disney next year I have already told them they will only get one present-I have a lot of books put away so I think they will all get a parcel of books and then I will give them around $50 each. We never do cash so this feels weird LOL. They will also all get gifts from Mum, Dad and 2 of my brothers.

I am so fed up with toys I cannot tell you and it scares me that the next step will be all that crazy expensive electronic equipment. :scared1: I probably won't spend more that $400 on all four kids total this year.

Yvette

My girls ages 11 & 8 want ipods. They have Disney mix sticks from Xmas last year and they have taken pretty good care of them so I said they could get ipods! I probably will get on for my stepson daughter as well; I hate when the kids get older and want more expensive stuff it look like they have nothing under the tree! I bought a the new fly pen for DD and am looking into my twin doll for younger DD. With all that and I pods they won't be getting much else!

dd received the nintendo dogs game from mil for her get well gift- it is her favorite game so far.. Im going to have them go through the games and pick two of their favorite and pass it along to santa..

Sigh. I really hope there's enough Wii's to go around! :rolleyes1

I know better than to think the DS's will share it, though, they seem to be incapable of such a thing, so it will go to the oldest. It's not just the Wii, though, you gotta buy all that other junk to go with it! He has a GameBoy right now so the games will play, but you know it's "just not the same".

Youngest DS is tricky. I know this sounds silly, but I feel like I should spend the same amount of $$ on both kids. And youngest DS usually wants something fairly simple. So it's much harder to buy for him.

12 days of Christmas is better than the Advent box that my neighbor gave my boys. It is wooden and has a little door for each day of December through the 25th...Technically, you are supposed to be able to fit your little treasure in the door, but I could never find anything that small X2..so I put little notes/clues for hiding places for a treasure. I started out with Dollar Tree items, but 24 days with 2 treasures for each boy at $1 each--$50 for a bunch of junk!! I need to think of something better this year, they will definitely be asking for the box to be set out..

We also have an Advent box with the little doors. (I have used it to count down to disney!) I put a small piece of candy behind each door. Things like 4 rolls of Smarties, 4laffy taffy or 4 hershey kisses.

It sounds like most of our kids already have everything they need, including mine! We don't need anything else for the inside, unless we decide to build on!! so I am thinking about getting DD2 & DS5 a trampoline. Any great deals on these that someone can point me to? I want one with the safety net.

It sounds like most of our kids already have everything they need, including mine! We don't need anything else for the inside, unless we decide to build on!! so I am thinking about getting DD2 & DS5 a trampoline. Any great deals on these that someone can point me to? I want one with the safety net.

Our Academy usually runs pretty good sales on trampolines if you keep a watch on their sale papers...I think they run a good one sometime around thanksgiving/christmas too. I know many of my friends have gotten them there.

Another thought for the Advent calendar/12 days of Christmas is to put in time or non-monetary gifts. e.g. You get to stay up a half hour later today. Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies with Mom. We'll watch Rudolph together tonight on T.V. Tonight--you choose the supper plan! You may choose an extra bedtime story tonight! etc.

Just a thought that doesn't cost money and doesn't involve candy or toys every day.

Another thought for the Advent calendar/12 days of Christmas is to put in time or non-monetary gifts. e.g. You get to stay up a half hour later today. Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies with Mom. We'll watch Rudolph together tonight on T.V. Tonight--you choose the supper plan! You may choose an extra bedtime story tonight! etc.

Just a thought that doesn't cost money and doesn't involve candy or toys every day.

We do this for the advent calendar also. I do a combination of cheaper gifts that I pick up during the year, family activities, and doing good deeds for others... ie: pick out a gift for someone from the Angel tree at church, take a bag of canned goods to the food pantry at church. The first Saturday in December is always reserved for cleaning out toys, books and outgrown clothing so that we can donate them to a local shelter.

I like the combination of the fun of seeing their faces when they receive little gifts, and the thoughtfulness of reminding them about serving others and family during the holiday season. Plus, if I only need to pick up 8-9 little gifts, I can find cool, thoughtful things instead of lots of junk, lol. One of the things I already ordered is a classroom pack of the tubes of snow for ds to share with his science class at school one day. Since we live in Alabama, I thought those 2 cups of snow/child might be the most they see all winter. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DD is getting a Coach purse with some gift cards in it.

DS is getting a Lionel train set, Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii, and something still to be determined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter