"Big Gift" for 2007

My DS (6) has been telling everyone that Santa is bringing him a Wii. I told everyone I know to start looking for one and we lucked out this past Tuesday and found one. It is hidden upstairs in a closet. :goodvibes
Other than that he is getting little things from everyone. I've been telling relatives to get him accessories for the Wii.

My kids are getting a wii, and they are each getting a DS. They'll get a couple games for each of them and that will be about it for Christmas for the 4 older kids. The 3 yo's big gift is going to be a digital camera, probably the Fisher Price one.

DS 11 and DD 9 are both getting an Ipod Nano and then a Wii together and some games and don't know what else. I am hoping to get a deal on the Wii on Black Friday :santa:

Im guessing razor scooters. they fell in love with some boy's one on vacation. Other then that nintendo ds lite games. we just bought one for dd for her recooperation after surgery and broke down and bought ds one also. Other then that nothing really comes to mind. Im going to wait and see what their their request are. I have a feeling for dd if I buy HS musical or Hannah Montana items I cant go wrong. I have already bought them some PJ Pals, bathing suits from disney. I will buy some long sleave ones when they go on sale. I did put away 2 outfits for dd's AG doll. Last year their big gift was a bounce house and I dont see anything like that coming to them this year...

We are getting our son a ski pass to the local ski hill...and family passes for a hill about 1 hr away.

Santa will be bringing new skiis.

We celebrate Hanukkah and I haven't even thought about it. DD10 wants a Blackberry but she isn't getting one. :p They were just talking about this last week and they really couldn't come up with anything so maybe we'll do Mexico in the winter. :confused:

My two girls (ages 7 and 3 by Christmas) will be getting AG dolls this year...bitty baby for the younger and not sure which for the older just yet. My two sons (12 and 13 at Christmas) I am thinking will get a Wii as their big gift.

I dunno. Luckily 3 year olds don't have many "big" wants. lol

Last year he got a train table that DH and I built.

My son has almost everything! Being an only child must be hard for him! :rotfl: We are undecided between a trampoline or a mini suzuki 4x4....both have their advantages and disadvantages....so it will probably come down to whatever I can find for the best deal on. Other then that he is getting stocking stuffers and thats it!

Last year we had a huge birthday party for him, he wanted to invite all the kids from his class, so he wouldn't hurt anyones feelings for not inviting them, plus all of his friends from the neighborhood. All but 2 out of the invited 45 came :eek: He had so many gifts, I made him donate about 1/2 to the Ronald McDonalds house, and most of the other half is still in thier box. I could just rewrap them, he probably forgot what he got :rolleyes1

I have four boys and the 3 oldest ones have been begging for laptops for 2 years. We have waved them off on this for the last 2 years. They got a Wii last year as a group gift.

This year they say laptops are all they want....so today we bought 3 laptops (it is our state's tax free weekend this weekend). My parents and dh's parents went in with us. We made sure that they understand that on Christmas morning they will not get anything else, except stocking stuffers, from us and all the grandparents. They say that this is fine and what they want. We will see on Christmas morning if we have any long faces when their 6 year old brother is playing with his toys.....lol

DD (15) wants a new digital camera that has the lenses you can take on/off. She loves taking pictures (EVERY day). Unfortunately during band pre-camp this past week something happened to her digital camera she has. The viewing screen is all messed up. The camera still takes pictures but it is a lot harder for the person taking the picture.

DH wants to buy DS a small flat screen television. Maybe 32". DS is 21 and goes to college. He still lives at home and DH wants to try to make sure that he has a lot of things he can use when he moves out. For the last several years, he has been trying to buy him something like that.

Now, with that being said, I am relying on my friends here on the budget board to help me find great deals on black Friday, because if I can find GREAT deals I know these gifts will not happen.

My oldest DD is getting a 90cc 4-wheeler and my youngest DD is getting a 50cc 4-wheeler. They are also getting new Ipod's. No they aren't spoiled by daddy are they..lol:rotfl:

We will see on Christmas morning if we have any long faces when their 6 year old brother is playing with his toys.....lol

I was just talking to my 4 oldest about this the other day, all they want is a nintendo ds and a couple games so I told them that was probably all they would get (although I did get them each a book and pajamas, too). My 10yo mentioned wanting an ipod also so if I can get my hands on one of the $29 refurbished ones I might get him and my 11yo one of those, too, but I'm not going to stress about it.

DS a train table and DD an I-Pod (the little one...)

I am happy to see I am not alone on preparing for Christmas!

DD9 is getting an American Girl Doll and other AG stuff I picked up at the sale in Madison. This is most likely her last AG year as she is getting older and may be be into the dolls next year.

DS7 will get a new bike. His is getting too small. He'll also get a few legos, since he loves them so much!

I think we're going to try to find a Wii for them together, too.

My 4 yo is asking for a nintendods lite?? She is 4 years old! But that is what she keeps asking for. I do not know what to do...:confused3

My 4 yo is asking for a nintendods lite?? She is 4 years old! But that is what she keeps asking for. I do not know what to do...:confused3

DD was 4 when she got her first gameboy. She loved it.

DS was 4 when he got his DS Lite and 5 1/2 for his psp.

When you gotta game...you gotta game!!:banana:

They are getting an air hockey table us as their big gift together. They will get a Leapster Max and DS Lite from Santa. Those will help on our trip next Spring.

I have absolutely no idea what we're giving the kids this year.

We have three teenagers and a nine year old. The teens have just about all the tech toys they could possibly want, some were gifts, some they bought with earnings and birthday money.

Youngest DD still enjoys Barbies and LOVES anything to do with arts and crafts! I'm not buy anymore Barbie stuff - between the things she's inherited from her older sisters and cousins, and the things she's received as gifts or bought for herself, the Barbie paraphenalia is taking over my house!

I was thinking over getting her an inexpensive digital camera but I'm not sure!

For the older kids, I'm sorely tempted to give them cash and/ or clothes.

He still lives at home and DH wants to try to make sure that he has a lot of things he can use when he moves out. For the last several years, he has been trying to buy him something like that.

That's a great idea! My DS is an only child. I started this insane tradition of celebrating our version of the 12 Days of Christmas. Bad idea! :sad2: He'll be a Sophmore in HS this year. I'm running out of things to buy for the 12 Days, as well as gifts from us & Santa. I think next year I'll start getting him stuff he can use at college. Thanks for the idea. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter