"Big Gift" for 2007

8 Ears

DIS Veteran
What is your child getting for a big gift this year for Christmas?:santa:

Both are getting good old cash BUT they have to put it towards...
they younger one will have to put it towards a /no flames please/ a .22. Heaven knows we are not capable of picking the RIGHT one out;) and the older one will put the cash towards a camera he wants. :wizard:

Figured we could not get one a gift and the other cash and this way they are forced to spend a day with us when they purchase their gift :scared1:

Our two older boys will be getting a Game Boy each. That will be their big gift. We're also going to Disney in January so this year will be light.

Why would anyone flame you? I take it your kids are heading into or are in their teen years and have been through the gun safety courses, guns are probably something they've grown up around. Children that are educated about guns are safer than those that are oblivious.

Okay, so BIG gift...Why DL of course. It is our tradition to go just before Christmas break every year. We take the kids out of school and go have good old family fun. Its also my mom's present this year b/c she is going with. She hasn't been since I was about 9...that was a while ago. lol We always do a few fun things under the tree that cost less than $20 and some clothes. I like it better this way. And am hoping it is a tradition that continues for many years to come.

I have no idea yet. DD(13) always changes her mind so I hate to get her the big gift too soon. I like to get it early though so I'm not running around at the last minute looking for what she wants. DD(3) is just so easy to buy for at this age so that won't be a problem. The only problem I have with her is getting too much stuff since I buy early I usually get it on sale.

This year is easy for us. They need new bikes. My mom got them a Wii for Christmas, so they will also be getting some controllers and a game or two. I am hoping for some good Wii accessory and game deals on Black Friday.

My oldest is getting a karaoke machine. I got a great one on clearance for $25. My middle child is probably getting the Star Station karaoke machine. I really like to get them "theme" gifts from Santa when possible. I can't think of anything to go with that for my little one. I am thinking about a train table if I don't come up with a karaoke type gift.

My dds are getting a surprise trip to Disney....and that will be about that...I've been gathering some small disney gifts here and there, but the trip is the gift.

My DS is wanting another guitar this year. Who knew there were so many different types of guitars. :confused3

As a side note, I'm surprised people are still having trouble finding a wii. My DH stood in line for a chance to purchase one last year. Our DS is just now starting to play with it some. In his defense, he didn't ask for it. We thought it would be a nice surprise. Shows what we know. :p I hope he'll eventually get our money's worth out of it. :sad2: Anyway, good luck to those on the hunt. :wizard:

Nothing big this year, unless something goes on a great sale. They already have a Wii and some older game systems (PS2, Gamecube, and original X-Box). They have plenty of games for all of them, so unless Wii games are found on super-cheap clearance, they won't get any more. They might get some new controllers for it though. Both kids want a Nintendo DS Lite, but they won't be getting them unless I find them for $75 or less.

Other than video games, they have all the big stuff already. They already have their own computer. They have cell phones, MP3, pool table, table tennis, air hockey, foosball, pinball, and keyboard in the game room. They have all the sports equipment they need, since I end up buying that stuff during the game seasons. Their bikes are in good shape and they don't need new skateboards, pogo sticks, or other outdoor toys.

This Christmas will probably just be lots of smaller items, unless I find a great deal on something big. They just don't need anything else!

All sporting Christmas this year.

BB hoop for the driveway
Coupons to play Upward BB ($125 per kid!)
New golf bags for older boys
Golf passes
New bike for the oldest (well, maybe a new to him bike!)

Just NO TOYS! I have way too many already!

Dawn

We are doing a huge wooden play set for the back yard and I hope to find a basketball hoop as well but that will be for DS and DH . Then they will get 3 very small items under the tree and stockings and thats it .

Sarah

My oldest DD will probably get a new bike. Something's wrong with the chain on her other one and couldn't be fixed. She may also get a Nintendo DS. I have no clue what to get my DD who's 4. They both have plenty of toys. We're a little behind on the technology stuff, but I'm going to get DH an IPOD for Christmas.

Both kids have been begging for a pet, so we may get them a puppy or hampster for CHristmas as a combined gift.

It's funny, I just started making a list this morning fo what the kids want. Since I'm going back to work next week, I can start picking up things here and there.

A mother/daughter weekend trip to NY in December as well as alot of American Girl stuff from the Bath & Body sale!! I may also buy a few board games as I see sales.

She really has enough stuff....Ninetendo DS, Gameboy, Gamecube...

I was wondering the other day.......we are going to be taking DD's to wdw for Christmas 2008, and it will be all we can afford that year as far as gifts go. I was wondering about those of you who have surprised your kids with a trip to WDW and the ones who still believe in Santa..What do you tell them as far as how the gift came about? Santa doesn't come early in our house..:confused3

Our big gift is Disney this year. Even Santa is contributing to this gift!!

They're getting a Wii for the big gift (got it almost a month ago, lol), and a Wii Play pack and extra joystick for their other gifts. That's it, except for their stocking stuff.

The poor deprived things, they also get from my parents, dh parents, dh grandma, dsil, dbil/sil, dh aunt and a couple of friends.

DS13 is getting a PSP as thats all he has asked for.. I will probably get him some clothes and who knows what else as he isnt asking for anything else .. DD9 and DD15 arent asking for anything so far this year so I have no clue for them..

Honestly they dont need anything.. DD15 most likely will get gift cards and some clothes and a nice bath and bodyworks basket that Im going to make.. DD9 I still dont know about.. as they get older its harder and harder to get them gifts because they already have most everything they need or want..

DS11- Nintendo Wii
Found it yesterday. :banana: :banana:

DS15-?????? I was thinking about a g/c for him to pick out his own set of golf clubs. He shares with DH right now.

DD17-a coach pocketbook and a digital camera

Those are the "big" gifts.

I may be getting laid off from my job (Co was recently sold and they are down sizing) so I am trying to get a large part of my shopping done early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter