• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas Refurb Renderings!

Seems really fast for s full refurb, not to mention I thought the BC rooms were supposed to be competed first.

I thought the BC rooms were to be done first too. I did read on another board that someone is currently in a freshly refurbished room at BC. We saw and heard evidence of work being done a month ago along the back path from Epcot.

(Hey Snurk71! :wave2: I see we are both in Central IL. I was born in Bloomington.)

I was just told by resort guest reservations (which seems to be a special group dealing with unique guest reservations) that BC will be done before next Christmas and that yacht club will be in the middle of renovation aT that point.

We have a free three night stay offered at any DVC location and when I also asked about Yacht club they told me I would be better off in the club level of BC.

Since we are staying at BCV for Spring Break, Going to request a refurbished room tomorrow. Thanks for this info.

YC is not a DVC property, neither is Club Level at BC. Hopefully your three day free offer is for a regular Disney resort. If me and DVC, I would go after GF or BLT theme park view, not BCV (although it's one of my home resorts), for a freebie I'd go more deluxe.

I'm staying at BCV in 2 weeks. It's a solo trip, and I certainly plan to spend some time asking various people about BCV's schedule for rehabs.

YC is not a DVC property, neither is Club Level at BC. Hopefully your three day free offer is for a regular Disney resort. If me and DVC, I would go after GF or BLT theme park view, not BCV (although it's one of my home resorts), for a freebie I'd go more deluxe.

Yes I know. VGF was the onlyDVC they would not offer. The offer was for any other DVC 1br or the club level at YC or BC. Actually going to see if we can get club level at VGF and maybe spend an extra 3 days at BWV lake view.

I agree to keep the beach theme. We bought into BCV in 2002 when maintenance was $3.77 and loved that the inside and outside theme all matched. Now maintenance has climbed to $5.975 for 2015 and DVC is slowly becoming a Marriott.

I didn't see anything about 2015 BCV kitchen upgrades, except perhaps for faucets. My wife and I took a tour of the immaculate VGF and were blown away. Hidden refrigerators and A TV in the bathroom mirror at VGF, and the BCVs have cheap electric burners on the stove that won't hold a pan level? Flat burner stoves and thicker, comfortable sofa mattresses (like Aulani's) in BCV would be nice.

Making the units more functional and upgrading the technology is one thing, and BCV really needs it. Doing that and losing the Disney theming is another.

You are so right!

I'm staying at BCV in 2 weeks. It's a solo trip, and I certainly plan to spend some time asking various people about BCV's schedule for rehabs.

Did you hear anything while you were at BCV, about the rehab schedule? We will be there in August, and I'm hoping we'll have a renovated room. THANK YOU~!

Did you hear anything while you were at BCV, about the rehab schedule? We will be there in August, and I'm hoping we'll have a renovated room. THANK YOU~!

I thought I posted, but can't find it. Surprisingly, when I was at BCV in mid-January, no CMs I asked even KNEW about any rehab, let alone when it would start and end. And although I checked on every floor, even the hall carpet (which we'd been told in 2013 was going to be changed in 2014) was the same-only a little dingier. Still one of my favorite resorts, though!

While I can't imagine five people in a studio, it's a win for Disney financially so they don't really care what we think.

As thisismyusername points out, there were many families who would not buy into DVC if it meant purchasing enough points for a 2BR. They are looking for cost savings not spacious accommodations so they are happy to be all in one room. This opens up a new group of people that DVC can finally sell to. (And if, as you say, they need more space when the kids get older or they try a larger room one trip and realize how nice it is to have that extra space, perhaps they will add on more points!)

Second, at the hotel DVCs the shared costs for the front desk staff, pool, transportation, landscaping, etc. are shared based on the number of guests in the DVC rooms vs the number of guests in the hotel side. Increasing the official occupancy in the DVC rooms should result in increasing the number of guests on the DVC side, allowing Disney to shift more of the shared costs to DVC members.
Yes...so up go the maintenance fees again.

DH, DD and I have stayed in a studio at BCV 2-3 times a year over our time as owners at BCV. I have seen it get harder and harder to get the studio as the years have gone by even during the 11-7 month time frame. When we first became members we wondered about this and in our experience found that unless you were traveling at real peak time (Christmas/Easter), it was relatively easy. Now, if you don't start planning very early, it's split stays or wait lists. Now that they are opening up the studios to groups of 5 it will be that much harder. It was nice when you could plan an impromptu trip to Disney. Those days are gone unless you stay at Saratoga Springs. I really wish they would reconsider and add extra extra occupancy where the layout would better accommodate it in a one bedroom so that people can get more perceived value out of all those extra points they have to use and leave the studio occupancy alone.

I have been reading posts all day about the VGF and how with the pull down bed there is no place for storage except for a drawer under the bed. It is going to be worse at BCV, where the rooms start out smaller.

I got this letter today, about our stay at the end of August:

-----------

"
March 2015

Dear Bonacker Family,

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, your charming home-away-from-home nestled on the cusp of Crescent Lake, and we are excited to host you as our Guest!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience and spread magic here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware that Resort refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. This refurbishment should haveminimal impact on you and your vacation; however, we wanted to make you aware since you may overhear our “magic-making.” Construction is scheduled to occur daily from 9:00am to 4:00pm.

All of our unique Resort amenities, including our shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open to you during your stay. While you may experience our “work in progress,” please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of all that we have to offer. Guests have been cherishing the delightful, seaside magic of our Resort for nearly 25 years, and we are excited to share that magic with you!

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked through the Walt Disney WorldResort or have additional questions, please call 877-676-6873 and one of our Cast Members will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,
el8TTGLQIzRxN4O5ZgA1ZBq05OAoEtTF1Oebwo8gHo48bQKZL4sTz0gb7KVmj_egRCTY-YVxUQdWCCUBLm9Xezl8zSTqUra0EDKX7K7rmTjoUEjp9rs=s0-d-e1-ft

Miriam A. Flynn
General Manager of Disney's Beach Club Villas"

Got the same form letter yesterday for our mid-November BCV stay....

We have a Studio reserved for Mid-October, but originally our reservation was for Port Orleans. We got the original "Welcome" packet with info about PO, but so far, since changing our reservation, we haven't received anything from BCV...

Just called the number on the letter Bonacker posted-- they said the majority of the work is room refurbs. They are starting May 31st and will be done Dec 16th, 2015, working on sections at a time. Stormalong Bay will be worked on in small sections but the bulk of Stormalong should be open for the full time.

Just called the number on the letter Bonacker posted-- they said the majority of the work is room refurbs. They are starting May 31st and will be done Dec 16th, 2015, working on sections at a time. Stormalong Bay will be worked on in small sections but the bulk of Stormalong should be open for the full time.

Thanks for this! We just got a letter as well but weren't sure which stay it was going to impact. Two nights in April, 10 days in June or 4 nights in October. Guess it will be two of the three. :rotfl2:

Love it, EasternShoreGal :) Only DVC'ers are likely to be confused as to which of their trips it would apply to... but I totally know what you mean, I usually have at least two trips booked at any given time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter