• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas Refurb Renderings!

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
March 2015

jrxxzd.jpg

They mentioned the sleeper for the 5th person, I'm wondering if that is just in the studio like VWL. Same for BWV.

Thanks for posting. Hope this will help in confirming that BCV is included in the refurb plans. We just got back from BCV and the new décor looks like it will be a total 180 from the current décor. Not that it looks particularly "beachy" now.

I really don't like that the table will disappear if the bed is open like at VWL. Table is way too small. I hope they rethink that part.

How does the refurb process affect inventory? For example, will BCV have less rooms available during food and wine? Do they close up a section at a time to work? Just curious.

Last I heard of the schedule was that they were going to take blocks of 250 rooms out of service at a time to do the refurbishment. That may only have been on the hotel side.....it's a 20 month refurb and they may wait to do DVC at the end of that timeline. If so they may not have even started on the villas yet by the time the next F&W rolls around.

Will the refurbishment begin or be finished by March 2015?

At best, the BCV refurbishment will begin in March 2015. I've gone through my notes from today's Annual Meeting and I can't find anything indicating when the BCV refurb or the BWV refurb will be completed. Supposedly, both should be completed in 2015, but don't quote me on that.

At best, the BCV refurbishment will begin in March 2015. I've gone through my notes from today's Annual Meeting and I can't find anything indicating when the BCV refurb or the BWV refurb will be completed. Supposedly, both should be completed in 2015, but don't quote me on that.

Thank you, for your quick response. I do appreciate it.

Jim

I really don't like that the table will disappear if the bed is open like at VWL. Table is way too small. I hope they rethink that part.
I really dislike that table. Not only is the studio without a table when the murphy bed is open, it looks like the table and chairs become an obstacle when the bed is shut.

But just as in VWL, it looks like they don't have any other option. The murphy bed is longer than the dresser it replaces, encroaching into the space where the table used to be.

In looking at the photo of the BCV 1BR, it's hard to tell if that is a regular dresser under the TV or a murphy bed. I hope that someone who was at the meeting got a good look and can comment on what was shown.

I wish they would fire their decorators. Not a beach theme whatsoever.

That studio photo looks like the tv/table set up at VWL. So if you open up the murphy bed, you don't have a table.

I just looked at photos from a refurbed room at VWL and it appears that the new decor at BCV (and BWV and the new Poly studios) is the same except for the scarf across the bottom of the bed. Really reminds me of BLT and makes me sad that there's no individuality for the resorts anymore. Hope Disney saved a lot of $$ on decorators' fees that way.

I wish they would fire their decorators. Not a beach theme whatsoever.

That studio photo looks like the tv/table set up at VWL. So if you open up the murphy bed, you don't have a table.

Please, people let DVC know how much you hate that table. We are staying in a VWL studio now ( we own here). We also own at BWV and at the meeting today I was devastated to hear they too were getting the 5th sleeper.

I got a chance to talk to Kent Mitchell and told him I certainly hope they do not ruin his AKV by adding those stupid bed/table setups.

Is member satisfaction the right contact here to tell them what we think, or is there another contact we should make.

Laura

Please, people let DVC know how much you hate that table. We are staying in a VWL studio now ( we own here). We also own at BWV and at the meeting today I was devastated to hear they too were getting the 5th sleeper.

Is member satisfaction the right contact here to tell them what we think, or is there another contact we should make.

Laura

We also own at BCV and I really, really do not like that table. Can you imagine trying to fit more people into that room with that set up? That tiny table is essentially in the middle of the room.

I do not understand the rage to get 5 in a studio, especially in one of the older studios. We just spent a week at BCV and it was barely big enough for the 2 of us.

If you find out how to register a complaint or at least to show our displeasure please post here.

I don't care for the more modern generic look. It seems like VWL, BCV, BWV and he Polynesian will all look similar to BLT, at least in the photos. I like BLT but I like the different styles of the different resorts. I certainly hope they don't do that to my home resort of AKV. We're staying at VWL in March so I'm hoping I like it more in person.

wow...they look like photos from the swolphin, or any generic marriot, holiday inn, hilton, etc
why are they trying to homogenize WDW resorts? it's the differing themes that set them apart, and make people willing to spend more.

i really hope they rethink that wholesale hotel/motel decor :sad2:

Well, count me as being super excited. I think the refurb looks great, and I'm thrilled to hear that both BCV and BWV will offer 5th person sleeping options in the studio. We didn't pull the trigger for years on DVC until the GFV studios opened because we would have needed to rent a 2-bedroom in the majority of our favorite resorts, and the points necessary for that were just too steep--especially because we were perfectly fine staying in a regular deluxe hotel room. We jumped when GFV became available. For us, we are happy not cooking, not doing laundry, and the five of us staying in a single hotel room. Yes, it's tight, but it's temporary and it's vacation, and we have lamented the times our kids have not been in the room with us at night when we've had bigger sleeping situations because we love that wind-down time at night when we're all piled in bed watching TV together and talking about the favorite parts of the day.

I don't get the whole 5 people for studio idea. When that 5 person, who I assume is a third child gets old you have to move up to a 1 bedroom. Even with 2 kids like my family there is no way we r going to fit in a studio when my kids get older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter