• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas Refurb Renderings!

I would be disappointed if I were a BCV owner! Actually, I am disappointed seeing this just being a DVC owner in general. One of the the things that made me want to own DVC was the theming and unique character of the studios and villas at each resort. I can understand BLT being generic and sterile, but not the other resorts. Also, I have no problem with them adding a place to sleep a fifth person when there is space (we have three kids and would have considered a studio like this when they were little, but not now with ages 9-14), but they should only convert if they can do so without making the layout awkward. It seems to work fine at GFV and what is proposed for Poly, but don't force it if there is not space at the older resorts. They are making these studios less inviting for couples and smaller families to accommodate five people. I don't get it, and this is coming from someone who understands the extra cost and challenge of finding accommodations to comfortably sleep five.

ETA: Disclaimer - I can't see enough of the 1BR to say for sure I don't like it, but the studio does not appeal to me at all, particularly the tv/table/murphy bed piece.

I would be disappointed if I were a BCV owner! Actually, I am disappointed seeing this just being a DVC owner in general. One of the the things that made me want to own DVC was the theming and unique character of the studios and villas at each resort. I can understand BLT being generic and sterile, but not the other resorts. Also, I have no problem with them adding a place to sleep a fifth person when there is space (we have three kids and would have considered a studio like this when they were little, but not now with ages 9-14), but they should only convert if they can do so without making the layout awkward. It seems to work fine at GFV and what is proposed for Poly, but don't force it if there is not space at the older resorts. They are making these studios less inviting for couples and smaller families to accommodate five people. I don't get it, and this is coming from someone who understands the extra cost and challenge of finding accommodations to comfortably sleep five.

ETA: Disclaimer - I can't see enough of the 1BR to say for sure I don't like it, but the studio does not appeal to me at all, particularly the tv/table/murphy bed piece.

What about the chandler above the dining table? Every beach themed resort needs a chandler. :goodvibes

Maybe DVD feels that they need to fancy the place up to justify the new direct prices?

:earsboy: Bill

What about the chandler above the dining table? Every beach themed resort need a chandler. :goodvibes Maybe DVD feels that they need to fancy the place up to justify the new direct prices? :earsboy: Bill

Good point, the chandelier above the dining table is not a good sign I will like the 1BR portion either!

OMG...is that truly a white pull out couch in the studio? We were just at WLV and there was plenty of room to put a hinged table in the space next to the TV pull out and the sliding door. We figured they left empty space for a crib. A truly waste of space. It's not going to be pretty trying to feed five people a quick breakfast anymore....especially if you need the table bed....you can't use the table as you have to clean it off each night :sad2:

I strongly prefer what they have. I love the pictures, they remind me so much of Cape May NJ and they even have the map of south Jersey in the dedicated 2 bedrooms. I have a like wall hanging in our Cape May house.

Bobbi:goodvibes

OMG...is that truly a white pull out couch in the studio? We were just at WLV and there was plenty of room to put a hinged table in the space next to the TV pull out and the sliding door. We figured they left empty space for a crib. A truly waste of space. It's not going to be pretty trying to feed five people a quick breakfast anymore....especially if you need the table bed....you can't use the table as you have to clean it off each night :sad2:

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.....I hate this table set-up.

Granted, we will never need to sleep 5 in a studio, if we have that many people we will be in a 1 bedroom at OKW, AKL or BLT or a 2 bedroom at the other resorts.

As a couple who frequents studios this table design will diminish the comfort and enjoyment of our stay.

I agree to keep the beach theme. We bought into BCV in 2002 when maintenance was $3.77 and loved that the inside and outside theme all matched. Now maintenance has climbed to $5.975 for 2015 and DVC is slowly becoming a Marriott.

I didn't see anything about 2015 BCV kitchen upgrades, except perhaps for faucets. My wife and I took a tour of the immaculate VGF and were blown away. Hidden refrigerators and A TV in the bathroom mirror at VGF, and the BCVs have cheap electric burners on the stove that won't hold a pan level? Flat burner stoves and thicker, comfortable sofa mattresses (like Aulani's) in BCV would be nice.

Making the units more functional and upgrading the technology is one thing, and BCV really needs it. Doing that and losing the Disney theming is another.

I got on to DVC website and sent an e-mail to them about all that is being discussed here. I am sure they have a canned response to these complaints and I can hardly wait...smjj

If I wanted a table bed I would have bought a trailer! Not happy with the stuff it to the gills to fit five in a room...as it is with 2 or three it is tight!

I didn't see anything about 2015 BCV kitchen upgrades, except perhaps for faucets.

I read in another thread about the refurb beginning in March and that they are getting a hard and soft refurbishment. That means new appliances. I know that VWL got the same recently. All new appliances. Can't wait.

Aside from the starfish bed scarf, the artist rendering reminds me of the newly refurbished rooms at Port Orleans - French Quarter.

Stayed at BCV over Xmas. On the top floor (4 or 5?) there was a section of the hallway that had new carpeting that looked like the bottom of the ocean floor with lots of blues and shells. The walls were painted a soft blue and looked great against the white trim. It was beautiful and very beachy. I thought it was a huge improvement personally. Hopefully the finished rooms also look as good!

What about the chandler above the dining table? Every beach themed resort needs a chandler. :goodvibes

Maybe DVD feels that they need to fancy the place up to justify the new direct prices?

:earsboy: Bill

That was my favorite part. :)

I am a BCV owner since 2002. All I care about, is that they replace the bedding exactly as the AKV (jambo) beds, just stayed there and WOW, that was the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in!!!

I am a BCV owner since 2002. All I care about, is that they replace the bedding exactly as the AKV (jambo) beds, just stayed there and WOW, that was the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in!!!

Recently stayed at AKV Jambo and loved the comfort of the bed too!:cool1:
Hope that BCV will be a great refurbishment!!:thumbsup2

I will not judge until I see the rooms in person. I'm happy they are finally getting some much needed attention. I hope I'm super lucky and get a finished new room when we are there in May. I doubt it but I still hope!

Welcome Home xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in DISNEY'S BEACH CLUB Villas. While the
final date for completion of the room refurbishment is scheduled for
July 26, 2015, the majority of the rooms should be completed by your
arrival date on June 13, 2015. We have included a request for you to be
assigned to a newly refurbished room. However, like all requests,
please keep in mind that while the Front Desk will make every effort to
accommodate your requests, they cannot be guaranteed.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,

I deleted the cast members name that signed this reply I got today...smjj

Welcome Home xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in DISNEY'S BEACH CLUB Villas. While the
final date for completion of the room refurbishment is scheduled for
July 26, 2015, the majority of the rooms should be completed by your
arrival date on June 13, 2015. We have included a request for you to be
assigned to a newly refurbished room. However, like all requests,
please keep in mind that while the Front Desk will make every effort to
accommodate your requests, they cannot be guaranteed.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,

I deleted the cast members name that signed this reply I got today...smjj

:rotfl:

Standard response. But thanks for trying.

This is the first time I have seen this particular schedule for the BCV refurbishment. Seems rather fast but hope it is accurate. Hope you get a refurbed room. Looks good for us to get one next November.

:rotfl:

Standard response. But thanks for trying.

This is the first time I have seen this particular schedule for the BCV refurbishment. Seems rather fast but hope it is accurate. Hope you get a refurbed room. Looks good for us to get one next November.

Seems really fast for s full refurb, not to mention I thought the BC rooms were supposed to be competed first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter