August 2014 watch

7 am I just called about the Visa deal..only royal rooms at POR left for that deal...won't work for us, party of 5

7 am I just called about the Visa deal..only royal rooms at POR left for that deal...won't work for us, party of 5

Sorry that didn't work out, It may only be for your particular dates, so others may take heart, their dates may have other option still. Though as I've said, for the first week in Aug. it was only Pool/ River/ RR.

can any one give me any help please
I'm looking at the 8th to 19th august family of 4 but I don't want one room, I would really like a 2 bed but I think its going to be too expensive,
the discounts which will be public tomorrow, I can't work out which is the best value.
also could they please offer free dining too:blush: that way I can justify it :)

can any one give me any help please
I'm looking at the 8th to 19th august family of 4 but I don't want one room, I would really like a 2 bed but I think its going to be too expensive,
the discounts which will be public tomorrow, I can't work out which is the best value.
also could they please offer free dining too:blush: that way I can justify it :)

You can't use two discounts at the same time, so if free dining is offered, you'll have to choose. Whether or not it's the better value depends on the ages of the people in your group. For us, at this point with 5 Disney adults, free dining works out to be the equivalent of a 57% discount... but it's not going to be offered in the middle of summer, not in the US. (I understand that travelers from the UK sometimes get phenomenal deals though.)

OK, I just checked the numbers (though I accidentallly checked Aug 17, so your numbers will be a bit higher... sorry!)

Here are your cheapest options:
Old Key West or Saratoga Springs: one BR: $508 per night, down to $355.60 at 30% off
2 br: $695 per night, down to $486.50 at 30% off.

Wilderness Lodge Villas: 1 br $576 at rack rate, down to $403.20 at 30% off
2br: $846, down to $592.20

Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas: 1br rack rate $594, down to $415.80
2 br $830, down to $581

Everything else starts at at least $600 per night for a 1 bedroom.

Some options:
rent points. (never done it, know nothing about it.)

If it's really the privacy you want, how about one of the family suites-- at All Star Music or Art of Animation??

ok I am torn because i dont know what to do, someone please just tell me what to do!! Ok. I have Aug 20-27 booked for POP. Staying more then 6 nights so i get the 25% off of room for that week according to the new discount coming out tomorrow. But i booked before they raised the ticket prices. So question is will i save more by keeping what i have with the lower priced tickets or changing my reservations so i can use the new room discounts? I hope that makes sense. I did the math and figured i would save $189 with tomorrows room discount. 3 adult tickets and 1 child ticket for 7 days with water park park hopper and more.

ok I am torn because i dont know what to do, someone please just tell me what to do!! Ok. I have Aug 20-27 booked for POP. Staying more then 6 nights so i get the 25% off of room for that week according to the new discount coming out tomorrow. But i booked before they raised the ticket prices. So question is will i save more by keeping what i have with the lower priced tickets or changing my reservations so i can use the new room discounts? I hope that makes sense. I did the math and figured i would save $189 with tomorrows room discount. 3 adult tickets and 1 child ticket for 7 days with water park park hopper and more.

Can you tell I teach math?

OK: Park tickets: 3 adult = 345.06 + 86.27 for waterparks = $431.33 each
1 child = $410.03
Total = $1704.02 on tickets.

I have no idea what you paid for tickets before the discount.

I imagine you can call and ask the CM to price it out, and see how it works.

For what it's worth, I did the math for a neighbor who is already booked at a standard room at AoA. I figured that one week at ballpark $130 a night would cost her $910.

With the discount, she could get the same nights at Pop for $714 and save almost $200. Or she could upgrade to a moderate-- say Caribbean Beach-- and still save $45.

But you only bought 4-- could they really have gone up $45 per ticket? If not, then the new discount sounds like a better deal.

Can you tell I teach math?

OK: Park tickets: 3 adult = 345.06 + 86.27 for waterparks = $431.33 each
1 child = $410.03
Total = $1704.02 on tickets.

I have no idea what you paid for tickets before the discount.

I imagine you can call and ask the CM to price it out, and see how it works.

For what it's worth, I did the math for a neighbor who is already booked at a standard room at AoA. I figured that one week at ballpark $130 a night would cost her $910.

With the discount, she could get the same nights at Pop for $714 and save almost $200. Or she could upgrade to a moderate-- say Caribbean Beach-- and still save $45.

But you only bought 4-- could they really have gone up $45 per ticket? If not, then the new discount sounds like a better deal.

Wow thanks! I think i will give them a call in the morning. I put 25% off accidentally before and it is actually 20% but the number is right it is $189 off room. Now i am reading that it says you also get an added day onto your tickets. DH and i were talking earlier and thinking about adding a day anyways. We are in Florida until the 30th flying out of tampa in the morning. Thought about going to Clearwater beach for 3 days but now we may just do Clearwater for 2 days and add another day to WDW.

Wow thanks! I think i will give them a call in the morning. I put 25% off accidentally before and it is actually 20% but the number is right it is $189 off room. Now i am reading that it says you also get an added day onto your tickets. DH and i were talking earlier and thinking about adding a day anyways. We are in Florida until the 30th flying out of tampa in the morning. Thought about going to Clearwater beach for 3 days but now we may just do Clearwater for 2 days and add another day to WDW.

Okay, but if you don't want to add an extra day you won't have to , they will just price out your package with if you had 7 day as 6 day.

I'm staying 9 nights ten days.. Does that mean I can get a room discount and a ticket discount? My mind is spinning

Just call, tell them you want to maybe modify your reservation to include the newly released discounts. They will pull up your reservation to see what you currently have then they can run any scenarios you are considering. If you find something you like, they will change your reservation. It's very easy and something they seem to do often.

Thanks for the advice! I used the chat function on the Disney website today and spoke with a CM. I'm not worried anymore. We're going to try and switch to WL if the discount is good and if what we want is available.

Good morning ! Just called to apply discount to my reservation and saved $900!!!! We had to change from BC GV to YC lagoon/ WV .. Even though I had my heart set on BC I couldn't pass up the savings!!

I have 10 days at CBR in August. Just saved $126.xx over the AAA discount. Not a ton, but better than paying rack rate.

We are officially booked at Old Key West for August!!!! Booked through *** and could not be happier.

Time to make reservations!!!:cool1::yay::banana:

I got a pin code!!! Looks like the same discount but when I read it it included free park hoppers with a 5 day trip. My mom (my travel agent) is gonna run the numbers tomorrow . Hoping to save about 200 dollars!! That would be so awesome

I am really looking for Free Dining offer in late August, but something tells me this won't be offered. Can anyone tell me or give me some insight if there will be another offer for the summer particularly to cover late August? When will Disney come out with another "general public" offer? My dates are 8/21 - 8/29.

Thanks!

I am really looking for Free Dining offer in late August, but something tells me this won't be offered. Can anyone tell me or give me some insight if there will be another offer for the summer particularly to cover late August? When will Disney come out with another "general public" offer? My dates are 8/21 - 8/29.

Thanks!

Same. Their last promotion ended 3/31/14. When one of their previous promotions ended 12/31/13 they announced a new one on 1/06/14 I believe it was. There's also another promotion that ends 4/20/14. So, I'm hoping that either this coming Monday or sometime in late April they will announce another promotion that covers end of August, September and October. Usually, it's the Free Dining one but last year it didn't start until after Labor Day.

Same. Their last promotion ended 3/31/14. When one of their previous promotions ended 12/31/13 they announced a new one on 1/06/14 I believe it was. There's also another promotion that ends 4/20/14. So, I'm hoping that either this coming Monday or sometime in late April they will announce another promotion that covers end of August, September and October. Usually, it's the Free Dining one but last year it didn't start until after Labor Day.

The last promo that ran through mid-June ended on March 31. Just prior to that, the current promo was released that runs through the end of August (almost). The timeframe is good for the next release in a few weeks, so no we aren't beyond that yet.

Last year, the September free dining was announced on May 9. Last year was the first year August wasn't included and it looks to be the case this year. However, there will have to be a room discount to bridge the gap from August 28 forward, as there was last year. Stay tuned...

Thanks!

I think the current summer offer runs through August 28th.

Why not book that for now, and hope something else comes up to cover your whole vacation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter