• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2014 watch

Is there also a ticket discount with the room offer? Or am I wrong? Something about 6 day tickets get the 7th free?

Ok, add me to those excited about the room only discount on Monday.

I have a question though. I've read over the last few pages on this topic, and I see that you can call and ask to have the discount applied to the room without cancelling your package.

But what if you want to switch to a deluxe (we're currently booked at POFQ which is not part of the promo) for the discount? If I'm doing the math correctly, with 35% off our 7 night stay, I can get a courtyard view room at WL for only $4 more per night than what we're paying right now for a garden view at POFQ.

Would I:

A) cancel our current package on Monday and book a room only at Wilderness Lodge, adding tickets later (and maybe adding back in dining, maybe not)

B) modify our current package to Wilderness Lodge today and then call back and apply the discount to our room on Monday morning, thus keeping our dining plan (which we've decided we don't care if we have or not)

I've never changed a room booking before and I really want to take advantage of the discount, but I want to make sure I do it in the most beneficial and least complicated way possible.
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Just call, tell them you want to maybe modify your reservation to include the newly released discounts. They will pull up your reservation to see what you currently have then they can run any scenarios you are considering. If you find something you like, they will change your reservation. It's very easy and something they seem to do often.

Is there also a ticket discount with the room offer? Or am I wrong? Something about 6 day tickets get the 7th free?

I was told by the CM this morning, there was a ticket promo also. Buy a six ticket, get one day free. At that time I didn't want to add tickets, but asked if I could add them later. She said, "yes." Maybe I miss understood her. She told me, in addition, I would receive a higher room discount for staying more than six days.

Is there a room or ticket discount included with the memory maker package?

Trying to figure out if the Memory Maker deal or the Visa discount would be better for 9 nights at Coronado Springs 8/15 - 8/24 in a standard room with the park hoppers and the waterparks and more option for 9 day tickets.

There is a room offer with the Memory Maker deal. I just switched from Memory Maker to Visa offer and saved an additional $120. Of course now I don't have a Memory Maker package but that doesn't matter to me. Not sure if the Memory Maker package includes all of your dates. You should call and have them price out the 2 different packages for you.

Just a tidbit for those who may have one of these resorts booked or wanting to book one of them today or Monday.

Offer Excludes: French Quarter, All Star Movies, Mermaid Rooms, GF Villas, 3-bedroom Villas, and Campsites

Thanks, Joe! All rooms at Bay Lake Tower are excluded too, correct?

lmmantini said:
FYI, be sure to compare deals. The Visa discount only saved $15.09 versus the Memory Maker deal. Basically, I got memory maker for $15.

Agreed.... I booked the free memory maker package.. ended up being just a bit more and I knew I wanted that!!!!

This thread saved me $1000 today!!!!!

I read about the disney Visa offer, and emailed my travel agent before I left for work. By my 3rd period study hall, I had an email with the changes.

My sister in law is saving close to $600 as well.

We did have to change from the Beach Club to the Yacht Club... the only rooms she could apply the offer to at the Beach Club were water view, and that would have cut the discount down to $200. (I live on an island. I'm not paying an additional $800 to see water :) )

I am SO EXCITED!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who put out the word!!!!

I was on the phone with Disney at 7:07am.

There was no room only discount availability for any room category at the GF for 3 - 10 August.

I tried again at 5:00pm. Still no luck.

Whats the saying, a sale is not always a sale. I would pay more and loose the memory maker. Not a good deal for me.

Tried to add the discount to my August 16 - 24 trip. We have booked a garden view at POR. Was told the only room available was a royal room, which increased the cost of the trip from the memory maker offer we are currently booked on.

I was on the phone with Disney at 7:07am.

There was no room only discount availability for any room category at the GF for 3 - 10 August.

I tried again at 5:00pm. Still no luck.

At 8:00pm I decided to check on package availability for our dates and room type with the new Disney visa discount.pixiedust:

We are now on a package with tickets that is $1300 less than what we were paying with the room only reservation and what we had budgeted for purchasing tickets through Undercover Tourist!

Thank you to those who made me aware of the discount being available today! I am not sure who you have made more happy, me- the compulsive planner or my husband and his wallet :goodvibes

Tried to add the discount to my August 16 - 24 trip. We have booked a garden view at POR. Was told the only room available was a royal room, which increased the cost of the trip from the memory maker offer we are currently booked on.

DD and I are going your exact same dates (DH is being a bum and staying home) but we are staying at her favorite hotel.. POP. Someday she will want to stay elsewhere but until that time I'll enjoy the savings.

We ended up saving almost $300... no longer in a package and can use a work discount to buy the tickets (my employer has a large multi year contract and gives us a discount)

I didn't realize I could do a dining plan without a package so I'll need to evaluate if that makes sense.

so this discount is only for Disney visa holders correct? When do you think they will just do a public offer and do you think the discount will be the same?

Today it's only for Disney Visa holders.

It opens up TOMORROW-- Monday, March 17-- for the general public.

But I would call early.

My travel agent called the morning it opened, and we were unable to apply it to our Garden View room at the Beach Club. (No big deal, we'll stay at the Yacht Club instead. And thsi was a done deal by 9:50 am, so it's not like she waited a long time.) But this is a good deal-- at least for us. So I wouldn't waste any time.

But I would call early.

My travel agent called the morning it opened, and we were unable to apply it to our Garden View room at the Beach Club. (No big deal, we'll stay at the Yacht Club instead. And thsi was a done deal by 9:50 am, so it's not like she waited a long time.) But this is a good deal-- at least for us. So I wouldn't waste any time.

Yes, even now as Visa holders we are finding room types and availability limited, so call early for sure!

But I would call early.

What time do the phones open up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter