• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2014 watch

<insert Black's do not book hoping for a discount text here> :)

The only day of your trip not covered by the current discount is the last day. In your shoes, I would book that and keep an eye out hoping for better, unless of course the difference in that one night's lodging would make or break your budget.

That summer special saved us just over $1000 on our trip.

In any event, I hope you get the deal you're hoping for.

I think the current summer offer runs through August 28th.

Why not book that for now, and hope something else comes up to cover your whole vacation?

I am also staying these dates and the night of 8/28 WAS included in the discount offer (checking out 8/29). :)

I think the current summer offer runs through August 28th.

Why not book that for now, and hope something else comes up to cover your whole vacation?

Follow the Free Dining Discussion thread from Black562. He updated the info yesterday on FD for late August possibility. Fingers crossed. I'm in the same predicament. I have two MM package discounts. Hoping for another room only discount after 8/28 or at least FD before or on 8/28.:cool1:

The last promo that ran through mid-June ended on March 31. Just prior to that, the current promo was released that runs through the end of August (almost). The timeframe is good for the next release in a few weeks, so no we aren't beyond that yet.

Last year, the September free dining was announced on May 9. Last year was the first year August wasn't included and it looks to be the case this year. However, there will have to be a room discount to bridge the gap from August 28 forward, as there was last year. Stay tuned...

GTK thank you!

We are going Aug 16-23....haven't booked yet...just decided on dates today! Still keeping my eyes out for discounts.

What is the disney visa discount for? I don't have a card, but if I apply for one, and get approved, can we still get those discounts?

We are going Aug 16-23....haven't booked yet...just decided on dates today! Still keeping my eyes out for discounts.

What is the disney visa discount for? I don't have a card, but if I apply for one, and get approved, can we still get those discounts?

The VISA discount is now available for the general public. You should be able to access it through the disneyworld web page as well as any other offer that may be available for that period. One of the offers ends April 20.

Any discounts for EARLY August? I can't find a thing. :sad2:

This is from the WDW webpage under special offers:

Stay in the middle of the magic with this great offer for summer travel. Save on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. You’ll save even more when you stay 6 nights or longer!
Save up to 30% when you stay up to 5 nights
Save up to 35% when you stay 6 nights or longer
Plus, save even more when you upgrade to a Magic Your Way room and ticket package with minimum 6-day tickets!
Offer valid for stays most nights June 15 to August 28, 2014. Book through July 7, 2014.

There are definitely exceptions.

This is from the WDW webpage under special offers:

Stay in the middle of the magic with this great offer for summer travel. Save on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. You’ll save even more when you stay 6 nights or longer!
Save up to 30% when you stay up to 5 nights
Save up to 35% when you stay 6 nights or longer
Plus, save even more when you upgrade to a Magic Your Way room and ticket package with minimum 6-day tickets!
Offer valid for stays most nights June 15 to August 28, 2014. Book through July 7, 2014.

There are definitely exceptions.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I could not find this particular deal. Looks like it is for Canadian residents only. Thanks anyway. Still looking for early Aug discounts. :)

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I could not find this particular deal. Looks like it is for Canadian residents only. Thanks anyway. Still looking for early Aug discounts. :)

Weird! I know many Americans have used it too, maybe it has expired already for the USA? Sometimes they extend the dates you can use it in Canada, but we don't usually have anything extra (except occasionally at par offers).

I can't seem to even find the thread that originally told me about the offer (before it came out) to see when it expired. I checked the US site, and you're right, it's not there. I am scared for you though because if they already had the offer out, and it's expired, they might not put out another offer! :(

Weird! I know many Americans have used it too, maybe it has expired already for the USA? Sometimes they extend the dates you can use it in Canada, but we don't usually have anything extra (except occasionally at par offers).

I can't seem to even find the thread that originally told me about the offer (before it came out) to see when it expired. I checked the US site, and you're right, it's not there. I am scared for you though because if they already had the offer out, and it's expired, they might not put out another offer! :(

Awww, thanks. I've got a rack rate reservation for now, but I'll be watching for new offers until it's too late. :)

A percent off like that just expired on June 5 or 6th.
Instead of paying full rack rate, can they at least try using a AAA discount?

You can always try the annual pass discount. I believe that is going on for early August. Sometimes the savings of the ap discount out weighs the extra cost of the annual pass. Something to think about...

Awww, thanks. I've got a rack rate reservation for now, but I'll be watching for new offers until it's too late. :)

We just booked with Orbitz for POFQ 8/5-8/13 they have a code for 15% off rack rates for Disney World hotels as long as there is availability. If you try Orbitz and have children just put in for 2 adults if your spouse is going and 0 children. There is a glitch in the Orbitz system and for every child added they count it as an extra adult in the room and you will be charged for it. We have two kids so we priced out the room as just 2 adults and then once booked you just call Orbitz and they will call the resort and have your kids added to the ressie. You can use MDE just as if you booked directly with Disney, but with Orbitz you do have to pay the resort in full at the time of booking.

You can always try the annual pass discount. I believe that is going on for early August. Sometimes the savings of the ap discount out weighs the extra cost of the annual pass. Something to think about...

A percent off like that just expired on June 5 or 6th.
Instead of paying full rack rate, can they at least try using a AAA discount?

We just booked with Orbitz for POFQ 8/5-8/13 they have a code for 15% off rack rates for Disney World hotels as long as there is availability. If you try Orbitz and have children just put in for 2 adults if your spouse is going and 0 children. There is a glitch in the Orbitz system and for every child added they count it as an extra adult in the room and you will be charged for it. We have two kids so we priced out the room as just 2 adults and then once booked you just call Orbitz and they will call the resort and have your kids added to the ressie. You can use MDE just as if you booked directly with Disney, but with Orbitz you do have to pay the resort in full at the time of booking.

Thank you for all the helpful information. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter