• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another way to make a little extra cash for our Disney funds

nice job!

Thanks! I also let DD do a snack stand. She sold soda, bottled water and we made cookies, muffins and brownies. She had a blast. A few people commented that they were impressed that we let her do it, especially when they realized that she was earning money for our trip. We put a note on the bottom of her sign, "Earning money for Mickey Bars". She's 5.

Here is my question about the payments, i did reviews on everything in the bounus catergory and only got paid for 2 of them, so what about my 13 videos? Do they just pick and choose which ones they are going to pay you for? I thought that the bounus was automatic on washer/dryers, flat screens, gps, digital camera's etc.....

The two tomes that I have reviewed the "bonus" items, I had to ask to get paid. If they are on the list, just drop them an email. I did the first month, when i did a stroller review, and it worked. I emailed them this last month the day after payments were sent, on a printer review I did, and still awaiting a response.

I received my payment for Sept, but it looks like I didn't get the extra $$ from the 2 questions (baking soda and favorite smell). Did this happen to anyone else?

I finally got paid for those other bonus questions with an apology for the delay.

Now I need to get in gear and do my reviews for this month. With the holidays coming up, I need the extra money.

I was paid yeserday for the questions...but still awaiting pyment for the rest of the month...darn w-9! I wish they would have sent the info out a little more ahead of payments so they actually could have processed them! Now in the forum it says 1-2 weeks to process!

I received a tax form stating I have made over $500 in 2008 and need to complete the form for any further payments.

However, I have hardly made any videos in this calendar year and according to my Expo profile, I have only made just over $20.

Should I really complete this form? Will it affect me in any way tax-wise?

I received a tax form stating I have made over $500 in 2008 and need to complete the form for any further payments.

However, I have hardly made any videos in this calendar year and according to my Expo profile, I have only made just over $20.

Should I really complete this form? Will it affect me in any way tax-wise?

I wonder if they are using my W-9 from last year, because I made over $500 and didn't get that notice. I did last year.

So this is the most recent email I got from expo. I am a little ticked that they sent it with so little time to get any videos in. But I understand that they are running low on money. I just did not get all 20 videos in and I am NOT putting them in for $3 versus $10!

O, well

* IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT *

Hi everyone,

We have some good and some not so good news to announce regarding this month's promotion. We received an overwhelming number of great videos and will need to make another change to payments for videos uploaded during the remainder of the month.

THE NOT SO GOOD NEWS
All product reviews will earn $3 as of 12:00am EST tonight, October 23, 2008.

The three categories that were closed last week (Books, Food & Beverage, and Movies & TV Shows) will remain closed for the remainder of this month.

THE GOOD NEWS
There are hundreds (literally hundreds!) of products that we are looking for reviews on - and we are willing to pay $20 for them. You can find everything from a stroller to a vacuum to a digital camera on this list. Plus, any 2008 or 2009 vehicle will earn you $20. To see all eligible products, click here.

Sorry for the short notice. There are still tons of ways to contribute and be rewarded at Expo - with more new things coming soon!

Thanks for the reminder! I had a few done that I needed to upload. Though I guess I wasted my time on those book reviews. I'll save them and upload the beginning of November.

So this is the most recent email I got from expo. I am a little ticked that they sent it with so little time to get any videos in. But I understand that they are running low on money. I just did not get all 20 videos in and I am NOT putting them in for $3 versus $10!

I'm ticked off that I had no idea that movies were closed (where the heck do I find out this stuff? It wasn't listed on any of the promo or upload video pages) and that's what I uploaded. And now they are $3. I hadn't done expo in awhile and now I know why. I miss the arts & craft month where I made $1k *sigh*

I'm ticked off that I had no idea that movies were closed (where the heck do I find out this stuff? It wasn't listed on any of the promo or upload video pages) and that's what I uploaded. And now they are $3. I hadn't done expo in awhile and now I know why. I miss the arts & craft month where I made $1k *sigh*

They make the announcements on the announcment section of the forum. Though they sent an email out about the total reduction in pay. If you sent it in before midnight last night, you will get the $10. If you sent in your movie/dvd, books, or food & beverage before that deadline, you will get paid the $10. If you send one in after, you only get penny per play. It still is really easy to do Expo, but they can't afford for anyone to have $1k months. I've been pretty happy with my $200 extra a month (though I waited too long this month and had a lot of books.)

They make the announcements on the announcment section of the forum. Though they sent an email out about the total reduction in pay. If you sent it in before midnight last night, you will get the $10. If you sent in your movie/dvd, books, or food & beverage before that deadline, you will get paid the $10. If you send one in after, you only get penny per play. It still is really easy to do Expo, but they can't afford for anyone to have $1k months. I've been pretty happy with my $200 extra a month (though I waited too long this month and had a lot of books.)

Yeah I'm smacking myself. I only did 8 videos and I paid for being lazy and not finishing the rest. I guess this will make me get my butt in gear. And get the 20 done for next month early. And uploaded fast.

Yeah I'm smacking myself. I only did 8 videos and I paid for being lazy and not finishing the rest. I guess this will make me get my butt in gear. And get the 20 done for next month early. And uploaded fast.

I had done so well last month and was planning on doing the same this month. I wanted the money for my Disney cruise. But now I'm thinking I'll just go whole hog in November and use this as my Christmas money.

Bummer. I didn't log on last night, so I didn't see the announcement. I hadn't done any yet this month, and was going to do all 20 tomorrow. Oh well I guess I am spending the day with family instead or doing ChaCha all day tomorrow. I normally get $230-$270 a month, and it just isn't worth it for $60. It is my fault for putting it off, but they have never dropped everything to $3 before, so I figured I would be okay waiting until the end of the month, and my Know it all category has never been bloated (toys and games).

I was excited to review Elmo Live, but I guess I will wait until November, and upload sooner.

Bummer. I didn't log on last night, so I didn't see the announcement. I hadn't done any yet this month, and was going to do all 20 tomorrow. Oh well I guess I am spending the day with family instead or doing ChaCha all day tomorrow. I normally get $230-$270 a month, and it just isn't worth it for $60. It is my fault for putting it off, but they have never dropped everything to $3 before, so I figured I would be okay waiting until the end of the month, and my Know it all category has never been bloated (toys and games).

I was excited to review Elmo Live, but I guess I will wait until November, and upload sooner.

I'd love to see that review! PM me when it's up. I thought about it for my DD2, but she was scared to death of the last talking Elmo I got her.

Yeah, what a bummer! I've been shooting all of he Chrismas Toys I've bought (yes, my kids will get all their presents pre-assembled! lol) but haven't had time to edit.
So watch for the attack of Barbie and the Diamond Castle toys coming November 1st!

Hi Mean Queen! Yeah I know they sent the email about the total announcement but I didn't know until then about the books/movies being locked for over a week! They really should put that stuff on the main page. I used to be really active with Expo and made a bunch of money but every since they started changing the rules EVERY month I just gave it up. Thought I would try it out again... thought maybe they had gotten their act together a bit... but then this happened right away. Oh well.

I was really bummed that I only got 12 done. :( I have kind of budgeted 200.00 and now have to redo my budget for our WDW in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter