Another way to make a little extra cash for our Disney funds

lazydazy8

DIS Veteran
A thread had been posted about this topic b/f and quickly deleted since it had a link with, I think, a "refer a friend" in it. The original poster didn't do it on purpose to solicit a referral perk, but the thread was deleted since it did defy the rules.

I wanted to post about it again b/c I was so luckily saw the link b/f it was gone! So without breaking any rules, here's the info:

There is a neat site called ExpoTV where you review a product on video and upload it to their site. You earn $5 per review! I have been doing my reviews in less than 10 minutes from start to finish. ExpoTV will send $5 to your Paypal account for every review you do. (I believe the money is forwarded the end of the following month.) You also earn a penny for every view of your reviews (which COULD add up!)....

Thank you Momto2SweetGirls for the suggestion! It's fun and easy and it's making me a little extra Disney spending money!

I also saw that post that mom2sweetgirls had posted, and also had went to check it out, and loved it. Thank You so much!! :thumbsup2 It's really cool, and next month I plan to hit them big time! YAY!! More Disney MooLaH!!:woohoo:

has anyone gotten paid for doing these yet?

I would also be interested to see if anyone has been paid. I may do it if it is legit. =)

This is my 1st month doing it, so I'll let ya'll know if I get paid or not, this month I've only made 16 videos but plan on doing at least 20, so that way if I do get paid, it's $100 that I didnt already have. :thumbsup2 And if I get paid, come next month, Im gonna try and do the whole 100 video limit if possible.

Actually, I asked for the post to be deleted since it was causing such an uproar although I had fixed the link. ;)

I was paid $999.18 last night, woo hoo!! :banana:

Super easy money. But be careful talking about it, for some reason if I even mention expotv, my posts and all those talking about it get deleted, and they won't answer why when I ask and all I did was put in a referral link the first time, not knowing I shouldn't, but I fixed it within 5 minutes of posting. I was just trying to help, I have no affiliation with the company, just nearly $1000 sitting in my bank account for the easiest work I've ever done!!

Glad some of you are having success with it! :love:

Jennifer

ETA: It definitely legit, they've been around for a couple of years. I didn't find it until April of this year though. Their forums are full of long time members though.

Oh man when I first read this I thought you watched video reviews...now I see you actually make a video review and send it to them. Ick. I dont know if I want videos of myself hangin out there in cyberspace. How long do they have to last? What can you review? Sounds like good money but to the person who made 1000 how much time did you invest doing it? Just curious about it all.

Well, you just make a video of yourself reviewing any product that is currently available. Upload it and voila! $5! I spend about 4 hours each month making the videos and about 2 hours uploading them, so about 6 hours total and I earn $500 myself. Dh does the same. Their rules are super easy to follow, make sure you read the FAQ section. It really is as easy as it sounds!

Disneyworld, here we come! :banana:

Jennifer

ETA: Your reviews need to be at least 1 minute, but no longer than about 3 minutes. I make sure I hit the minute mark and then I wrap up whatever I'm saying. So, you're getting paid $5 a minute, can't beat that, lol.

So do you just use a digital camera and then upload it? I know DH will definitely be in on this. Do you just grab products from around your house or just when you buy something new?

Yes, you just use your digital camera and yes you use products from around your house. I haven't bought anything new yet, and we've done over 200 reviews. Here are some suggestions for things to review-

Household products like cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, dish soap, etc.
Personal products like toothpaste, hairspray, shampoo, deoderant, etc
Clothing lines like gymboree, faded glory, circo, janie & jack, old navy etc
Shoe brands like Nike, Adidas, Stride Rite, etc
Purses, wallets, sunglasses, etc as long as you know the brand
CD's
DVD's (no VHS)
2005 or newer cars are allowed
movies currently in the theatre
Baby products such as carseats, bouncy seats, diapers, wipes, shampoo, lotion, bottles, etc
Kids toys such as leap frog, little people, elmo, anything that is currently available to buy
Books
Food
+ tons more

Look around your house, you'd be surprised at how much you can review!

I'm going on a trip this afternoon, I will try and pop in and answer any more questions, but if you don't hear back from me, then that means we left early and I'll be back next week.

Jennifer

I'm going to give this a try. I'm not working right now so I have a ton of free time. Hopefully things will go well. I'll let you all know how it goes. :goodvibes

-Lauren

Well of all times for this to happen. My crappy Kodak camera went up on me. Well the video part of it. I can no longer get sound and Kodak wants over 100 to fix it and my local repair shop said my best bet is to buy something different because he gets 3 calls a week for the Kodak Easy Share breaking right after warranty goes up and they are not worth it to fix. Darn it all. Well I guess I wont be doing any reviews soon.

Videos are always $5 each. But since December they've been allowing up to 100 videos a month, normally it's not that high from what I hear. I haven't heard anything about them lowering it for July, so it will probably be 100 then too.

Jennifer

Ah, gotcha. Sounds interesting enough- just don't know if I'd have enough patience to deal with uploading and downloading videos.

Uploading isn't bad either. You just find the product, click on your video and hit upload, and you can do it while you're working/playing on the computer or you can leave and come back every so often to upload another one. I spend about 2 hours throughout the entire month uploading videos, definitely worth $500 to me! :lmao:

I have a cable/broadband connecion and videos take about 1-2 minutes to upload for me.

Leaving for a week, will be back next week to answer any more questions. Have fun!

Jennifer

Let's see, what culd we review that's around the house? Tampons, condoms, laxatives, cat litter?:rotfl2:

Maybe I could catch my cat in the act of using the litter Maid and upload that!:rotfl:

Let's see, what culd we review that's around the house? Tampons, condoms, laxatives, cat litter?:rotfl2:

Maybe I could catch my cat in the act of using the litter Maid and upload that!:rotfl:

Um I actually saw a video on there yesterday of a guy reviewing Trojans...:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter