~A XMAS STORY~decorations, crowds, pixies..AND A BLOODY NOSE~ACTUAL UPDATE 11/9 p190

689320711_2kBnY-L.jpg

689319400_ZpJcH-L.jpg

689316854_MvKLb-L.jpg

689318150_5hxiA-L.jpg

then tink appeared and it was time for the grand finale!

689322097_Le6Xe-L.jpg

and snow!!!

689323502_givUK-L.jpg

689329487_spQWA-L.jpg

alice and the mad hatter were right in front of us. hollie kept yelling at her, "hey, alice, wave it me!!!!" it was so cute.

689328054_woXT6-L.jpg

689325105_WmM94-L.jpg

689326771_dk7Qy-L.jpg

689332138_SeTiN-L.jpg

bye, tink. see ya next year!

689330722_X923s-L.jpg

it was a GREAT show! i'm glad i went. i thought it was better than the one we saw last year because it had SO many characters in it.

here's hollie after the show.....

689333501_a8Qkh-L.jpg

i said bye to heather and found erin, then we headed out. it was such a pretty day in atlanta so i took some pictures as we walked to the car.

689338477_v6Loz-L.jpg

689336973_g9k9U-L.jpg

689334969_aunx3-L.jpg

erin and kristin as we got to the car.....they had a great time, too!

689341253_NGhSH-L.jpg

oh, and just to celebrate the fact that today is halloween, here is erin in the costume that they wore to work yesterday. she was the mad hatter!

hatter.jpg

that's the one she sent me with her phone. ray took a picture of her with his and put it in a mickey border. cute!

hatter2.jpg

the entire customer service department of their company dressed as alice in wonderland characters. i can't wait to see a picture of all of them! erin is supposed to e-mail me one. ray works in the IT department and they didn't dress up.....they're lame! :laughing:

hope you guys all have a great halloween! feel free to post your pictures here. i'd love to see you or your kiddos dressed up! :goodvibes

coat lady is too funny!

why would you pay that much money to go and take a nap?

Wow, what a great show! I'm so glad you had better luck this year!! So cool you got to sit with Heather and Hollie

Disney on Ice will be in the area again this year on my birthday (I went last year as a present to myself) but since I don't have a full-time job right now, I don't feel like I can justify it this year. Thanks for letting me enjoy your show :goodvibes

Has Erin lost a bunch of weight since your trip together? She looks so much thinner!

Great update Dawn.
Here is my little grandson dressed as Dumbo.
Fall2009007-1.jpg

Savanah looks gorgeous! It's one of the places I've always wanted to go....must be part of my Gone with the Wind fascination.:)

I feel the same. When I was in Atlanta, I wanted to go see the "old plantation homes" Jim kept reminding me of Gone with the Wind, and the fact that "Atlanta burned." I'm glad there are still a few old places around the South.

P.S. I know this is a really late comment, but I am so behind on the boards lately.

Okay, sorry I've been MIA Dawn. I'm all caught up. I loved your Savannah trip! The food pics made me really hungry. Thanks for the tour of the cemetary - I love old cemetaries! Jim and I just toured one in Boise - we love to read them and make up stories about the families buried there.

Thanks for sharing Disney on Ice! I hope I get to take the grandbabies some day - it looks amazing! I remember seeing the Ice Capades in Seattle once as a kid - it was so fun!

here's ariel girl! (shout-out to brooklynn!)

next it was time to "celebrate" vacations! first we go to the beach. here's the guy that memom, jill and erica drooled over in nashville. i think he's supposed to be lilo's older sister's boyfriend. i can't remember the name of his character though! hollie knew it at the time because she told heather that's who it was. so i got schooled by a 4-year-old! :goodvibes

689273378_TXAxY-L.jpg

Lilo's sister's boyfriend is still looking good in Atlanta, too. ;)

I told Jill you had a picture for Brooklynn, but they had already left the house. It seems that Ariel-girl's mother didn't have enough red hairspray and had to stop by the ocean's local Walmart to get some more before she could trick-or-treat. :)

HI Dawn!

I just finished reading the rest of your Xmas trip LOL:scared1:....I loved it!!!!!! Poor luke and the bloody nose...he seemed so sad. What a fun trip though!

Im still following along on the rest of your aventures...I'm glad you and Ray got to go on a much needed trip it looked amazing.

I wish I could see Disney on Ice...but since I cant I have you and Memom to see it through! Thank you:wizard:

Awww yay!!! You are on the DOI pics!!
I had such a great time there! I am glad you sat with us and we could somewhat visit! I still laugh everytime I think of "sleeping grumpy" beside you!! Come one lady, your at a Disney event!!
Oh, and Hollie was still up thanks to her sugar high (Thank you Halloween!) so I asked her who Nani's boyfriend was. This was her response...
"Its David mommy....meesh!!" then she slapped her head!! :rotfl2: She meant to say sheesh, but always says meesh!!

I wish you could have seen our ride home. I had to listen to the cousins argue all the way home!! fun fun!!!

Oh, I Have some video I took so I will post it on here if you want me too! :goodvibes

Now we can count down till we see Mary Poppins!!!! :banana:

Thanks for all the Tybee Island/Savannah pics Dawn! They're so beautiful and glad to see that you and Ray had a nice relaxing and enjoyable vacation with your fur babies :goodvibes

After seeing yours, Heather's and MeMom's DOI pictures, I want to go soooo bad! I love the Celebrations one because, like you said, it has so many characters in it. The show is actually by me some time in November I think but it's just not in the cards right now unfortunately! :headache: Great pictures though! :thumbsup2

Great Disney on Ice pictures! We go in February - I'm not sure if it's the same show though,. I think ours is all Princesses.

First of all, my dept dressed up as Alice in Wonderland too! I was the March Hare. I'll try to remember to add it to Photobucket and post it... We got second place in our company... :thumbsup2

I love that you and Ray and the boys had such a relaxing last day in Savanna. It sounds perfect. My hubby and I are ready for another vacation.

The Disney On Ice pictures are wonderful!! That show looks a lot better than the one we saw last year. I love that all of the princesses were in it. And how fun that they brought the holidays into it too!

I remember going to Ice Capades when I was little so those pics brought it back for me! I used to LOVE it! That food looked YUMMY! I cannot wait to try real southern seafood .It is great up North so I could only imagine the southern spices. It looked wonderful.

Great pictures Dawn. Love all the Savannah ones. I have only heard wonderful things about Savannah from my family and other people who have been there. I really want to go sometime.

What a nice last day in Savannah! So fun! The Disney on Ice show looks great! Tons of characters!!!!!! I love how they mixed up the story lines together!

i'm a pork lover myself-bacon, ham, carnitas...pork tenderloin....sausage...mmmmm

i'm not much for sausage (and please don't make a dirty joke outta that :lmao:) but i love bacon, ham and pork tenderloin. a salad isn't a salad without bacon!!!

coat lady is too funny!

why would you pay that much money to go and take a nap?

:confused3 who knows? and why would you bring your kids to disney on ice and then tell them to shut up the whole time???

Wow, what a great show! I'm so glad you had better luck this year!! So cool you got to sit with Heather and Hollie

Disney on Ice will be in the area again this year on my birthday (I went last year as a present to myself) but since I don't have a full-time job right now, I don't feel like I can justify it this year. Thanks for letting me enjoy your show :goodvibes

Has Erin lost a bunch of weight since your trip together? She looks so much thinner!

sorry you can't go this year. i'm glad my pictures brought a smile to your face! erin is working out. i haven't asked her how much she's lost but i know she's got a trainer and she's lost some weight. i will tell her you said that though - she will be thrilled! :)

Great update Dawn.
Here is my little grandson dressed as Dumbo.
Fall2009007-1.jpg

SO CUTE!!! :thumbsup2

I feel the same. When I was in Atlanta, I wanted to go see the "old plantation homes" Jim kept reminding me of Gone with the Wind, and the fact that "Atlanta burned." I'm glad there are still a few old places around the South.

P.S. I know this is a really late comment, but I am so behind on the boards lately.

yeah, savannah is one of the only places in the south that survived the civil war. legend is the locals got the yankees drunk and they decided to spare the city! :laughing:

Okay, sorry I've been MIA Dawn. I'm all caught up. I loved your Savannah trip! The food pics made me really hungry. Thanks for the tour of the cemetary - I love old cemetaries! Jim and I just toured one in Boise - we love to read them and make up stories about the families buried there.

Thanks for sharing Disney on Ice! I hope I get to take the grandbabies some day - it looks amazing! I remember seeing the Ice Capades in Seattle once as a kid - it was so fun!

no worries! very cool about the cemetery in boise. you guys are fun! i saw ice capades as a kid, too! i remember seeing sesame street ice capades when i was about 5 years old!

Lilo's sister's boyfriend is still looking good in Atlanta, too. ;)

I told Jill you had a picture for Brooklynn, but they had already left the house. It seems that Ariel-girl's mother didn't have enough red hairspray and had to stop by the ocean's local Walmart to get some more before she could trick-or-treat. :)

:laughing: i agree! glad jill got ariel girl's supplies for halloween. i know they had a blast!

HI Dawn!

I just finished reading the rest of your Xmas trip LOL:scared1:....I loved it!!!!!! Poor luke and the bloody nose...he seemed so sad. What a fun trip though!

Im still following along on the rest of your aventures...I'm glad you and Ray got to go on a much needed trip it looked amazing.

I wish I could see Disney on Ice...but since I cant I have you and Memom to see it through! Thank you:wizard:

thanks! i still have one installment left in the Xmas trip - i'm just taking my time getting to it! :rotfl: glad you enjoyed the savannah and disney on ice pics. :goodvibes

Awww yay!!! You are on the DOI pics!!
I had such a great time there! I am glad you sat with us and we could somewhat visit! I still laugh everytime I think of "sleeping grumpy" beside you!! Come one lady, your at a Disney event!!
Oh, and Hollie was still up thanks to her sugar high (Thank you Halloween!) so I asked her who Nani's boyfriend was. This was her response...
"Its David mommy....meesh!!" then she slapped her head!! :rotfl2: She meant to say sheesh, but always says meesh!!

I wish you could have seen our ride home. I had to listen to the cousins argue all the way home!! fun fun!!!

Oh, I Have some video I took so I will post it on here if you want me too! :goodvibes

Now we can count down till we see Mary Poppins!!!! :banana:

meesh, heather!!!!! don't you know who david is???? :rotfl2:

that's too cute. yeah, feel free to post away! i'd love to see the videos. i can't wait til mary poppins! and ticketmaster stinks....such teasers!

Dawn, your beach and marsh pictures are gorgeous -- even the one of the log floating out in the ocean! :laughing:

thanks! that silly log fooled us!!! :rolleyes:

meesh, heather!!!!! don't you know who david is???? :rotfl2:

that's too cute. yeah, feel free to post away! i'd love to see the videos. i can't wait til mary poppins! and ticketmaster stinks....such teasers!

LOL! I know who he is now!!! :lmao:

I sure will! I will see if I have them in my photobucket account. I need to send them to you anyways! Some of them turned out pretty good!
Oh me too!! Mary Poppins is gonna be so good!!!! I agree...ticketmaster does stink!! Ugh!!

Sorry about the dropped call...for some reason I felt like I was in a cell phone commercial. Gotta love batteries that are mega used during the day! :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the Tybee Island/Savannah pics Dawn! They're so beautiful and glad to see that you and Ray had a nice relaxing and enjoyable vacation with your fur babies :goodvibes

After seeing yours, Heather's and MeMom's DOI pictures, I want to go soooo bad! I love the Celebrations one because, like you said, it has so many characters in it. The show is actually by me some time in November I think but it's just not in the cards right now unfortunately! :headache: Great pictures though! :thumbsup2

you're welcome! glad you enjoyed them. sorry you can't make it to DOI. maybe next year! they come around every year it seems.

Great Disney on Ice pictures! We go in February - I'm not sure if it's the same show though,. I think ours is all Princesses.

thanks! i'm sure whatever show it is, it'll be great!

I draw a mental line for my love of Disney at ice skating. sorry just can't do it.;)

:lmao: i will admit that it's not the same as going to disney. but i needed a dose because i still have over a year before i get to go back!

First of all, my dept dressed up as Alice in Wonderland too! I was the March Hare. I'll try to remember to add it to Photobucket and post it... We got second place in our company... :thumbsup2

I love that you and Ray and the boys had such a relaxing last day in Savanna. It sounds perfect. My hubby and I are ready for another vacation.

The Disney On Ice pictures are wonderful!! That show looks a lot better than the one we saw last year. I love that all of the princesses were in it. And how fun that they brought the holidays into it too!

cool! definitely post the pictures - i'd love to see them! we had a great time on our trip - it was just what we needed! the DOI show was great - so many characters and lots of different "themes"! :thumbsup2

I remember going to Ice Capades when I was little so those pics brought it back for me! I used to LOVE it! That food looked YUMMY! I cannot wait to try real southern seafood .It is great up North so I could only imagine the southern spices. It looked wonderful.

i did, too! i think i went to see the sesame street ice capades when i was like 5 or 6. i just remember big bird was REALLY tall!

Great pictures Dawn. Love all the Savannah ones. I have only heard wonderful things about Savannah from my family and other people who have been there. I really want to go sometime.

thanks! it's a great city - i hope you get to go soon!

What a nice last day in Savannah! So fun! The Disney on Ice show looks great! Tons of characters!!!!!! I love how they mixed up the story lines together!

yeah, it was great! the show was awesome. lots of characters so i was pleased!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter