~A XMAS STORY~decorations, crowds, pixies..AND A BLOODY NOSE~ACTUAL UPDATE 11/9 p190

LOL! I know who he is now!!! :lmao:

I sure will! I will see if I have them in my photobucket account. I need to send them to you anyways! Some of them turned out pretty good!
Oh me too!! Mary Poppins is gonna be so good!!!! I agree...ticketmaster does stink!! Ugh!!

Sorry about the dropped call...for some reason I felt like I was in a cell phone commercial. Gotta love batteries that are mega used during the day! :rotfl2:

no problem! i figured that's what happened. looking forward to the videos!

time for one more non-TR update and then i will finish this baby up!

i wanted to post some halloween pictures. ray and i have been together for almost 16 years now and have never dressed up for halloween together. our neighbors were having a party this year and so we decided to dress up. we were gonna do a couples costume, but we never could agree on anything. my favorite idea was that ray could be president obama and i could be his nobel peace prize, but he was afraid we'd offend someone. :confused3 anyway, i will get to the pictures of our costumes in a bit.

first, here is my spooky front porch.....

700037103_wJwHm-L.jpg

700039980_zK3pF-L.jpg

my mickey pumpkin had to join in the halloween fun....

702398283_b5MyF-L.jpg

i also had to share this one because it's cute. this is our neighbor's little girl, maddyx. she loves me and ray and i just loved how she insisted on sitting next to him when we were over there on friday night....

700051491_cpn5u-L.jpg

funny story.....she was a skunk for halloween and when she first got her costume a couple weeks ago, she was wearing it out in the yard. i went over there and was saying things like, "shew wee, you stink!" and she kept poking out her little hiney and "spraying" me. it was really funny. well, later that night her dad came by here to ask ray something about his computer on his way home from work and i told him, "your daughter was a skunk today and she sprayed me." he got this really concerned look on his face and said, "did she fart on you?" :rotfl2: he didn't know about her skunk costume yet and thought she'd really "sprayed" me!!!

okay, back to the update. first thing's first. ladies and gentleman, let me introduce to you the cutest pumpkin there ever was, LITTLE MISS MARGOT!!!

700129111_SAc3B-L.jpg

700129301_vhuqS-L.jpg

brett said she SCREAMED at first because she didn't like the costume, but then she got used to it and had a great night. :goodvibes

700129634_gMkop-L.jpg

700129468_sKLqy-L.jpg

played out!

700129761_onrRg-L.jpg

here is luke on halloween. he was a bakugon. i'm pretty sure i spelled it wrong, but it's some sort of new toy that he showed me yesterday where these balls land on a magnet card type thing and pop out and become different animals or vehicles or whatever. it's beyond me but the little boys apparently like it. i'm not sure what he was, but it had something to do with that whole "thing" and he was totally awesome!

702398166_nbQ8f-L.jpg

this is my friends' jennifer and john's kids, eveyln and lex. evelyn was princess leia and lex was captain hook and their costumes were GREAT!

700064588_Dhtd6-L.jpg

okay, so who was i? see if you can guess....

702398317_XfD9x-L.jpg

702398230_aH5wV-L.jpg

i will give you a hint if you can't figure it out.....

amy_winehouse0423081_nc.jpg

i was amy winehouse!!! believe me, as horrible as i look, it was fun!

okay....now to ray. check him out......

700095454_mCqh5-L.jpg

700077814_GEBZr-L.jpg

here ya go.......

billy-mays1.png

he was billy mays!!!! his hair line cracks me up because he sprayed black hair spray over the receting part....hilarious! :lmao:

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34211722&postcount=2803

more pics of the freaks.....

702398221_CBew8-L.jpg

702398188_6kzS9-L.jpg

i had just applied baby powder under my nose to make it look like something else white and powdery. :rotfl:

702398348_6AG8M-L.jpg

yeah, extreme, i know. but still funny. i told the kiddies i had eaten some powdered donuts earlier and forgot to wipe my mouth.

anna was all decked out as a punk rocker....

702398272_NVfh8-L.jpg

me and luke-man. he asked me if amy winehouse was crazy and i said yes and he said, "is she super duper crazy?" :rotfl: i told him yes, she was!!!

702398424_FeKVm-L.jpg

here are some of the other costumes at the party.

lea anne as a woopie cushion (she had a poot machine in her back pocket and was making noises when people would walk by - it was so funny!), her daughter ashley as a rocker chick and her husband chapin as a redneck....

700085118_VpuH5-L.jpg

amie and denton as olive oil and popeye....

700087237_qaJmD-L.jpg

our next door neighbor ed as julius ceasar.....

700102067_WM2sw-L.jpg

the party hosts, shawn and amber, as strawberry shortcake and the baker.....

700126701_qcN7P-L.jpg

and this is my favorite. this is john and marie....as shawn and amber! when they showed up in those costumes amber was laughing so hard she was crying! :rotfl:

700108534_XzHxC-L.jpg

700125027_J7Zfs-L.jpg

so that was our halloween...we had a great time!

the next day we drove up to blood mountain to see some of the fall foliage. it was so pretty up there!

heading up the mountain....

700870985_vrPB8-L.jpg

we stopped at this little hiking store on top of the mountain because the views from here are gorgeous and the appalachian trial runs right in behind it. it's really cool!

700965310_hPctc-L.jpg

ray checking out the view....

700881284_wo36j-L.jpg

700890021_vKhup-L.jpg

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34214020&postcount=2804

some pics along the trail....

700894839_3f5wL-L.jpg

see the chipmunk? he was quick and i had a hard time getting a picture of him. i asked ray if it was chip or dale and he said it was both. :rolleyes:

700898681_BRuNX-L.jpg

700902365_otmwg-L.jpg

700898388_XdVBK-L.jpg

some more pretty views....

700908951_39cHC-L.jpg

700924981_GaTmr-L.jpg

700910580_aaeJv-L.jpg

700930522_Ayv3H-L.jpg

all of us (ray's sister and nephew, who was being a goofy tween!)

700911758_UHz92-L.jpg

so i decided to be a goofy 30-something! :laughing:

700912995_J3Guc-L.jpg

700933814_oKE5U-L.jpg

700935094_aHrEE-L.jpg

he won't smile!!!

700936687_K9pD4-L.jpg

so i MAKE him smile! :rolleyes1

700938538_VCLe9-L.jpg

ray decided to be goofy with his shirt.....

700942894_JoCU6-L.jpg

700944959_vxFtJ-L.jpg

700946929_B5cFi-L.jpg

he's so silly!

this doggie was snoozing inside the store. we came up here about 3 years ago with chris and anna and he was there then, too. so this must be his pad!

700959598_BfBEs-L.jpg

as we were leaving i noticed these hanging in a tree outside the door....

700953942_VBkRg-L.jpg

so festive!

700957211_TbWzB-L.jpg

it was such a pretty drive that day - i'm so glad the weather was good for us, but it was COLD on top of that mountain! i love fall but i do know that winter is on the way, which i really can't stand....and i live in georgia! i couldn't deal with living up north during the winter. anyway, hope you guys enjoyed those! happy fall!!! :goodvibes

very good costum ray, i would have never thought to go as that.

i posted parker halloween pics, not sure if you saw them yet.

I love your costumes!!

I ove fall and seeing all the leaves change....makes me want to cook some soup and snuggle up with a good book.

Great costumes! I didn't even think that was you in the first one as Amy Winehouse, looking out the door. That's a great idea for a costume though -- kinda gives you license to be really crazy at the party. ("I'm just tryin' to stay in character")

I really like Ray's....the shirt, the eyebrows, the spray-on hair....all fantastic. But I have to say, he wouldn't go as Obama, but he'd go as a recently-deceased celebrity? :confused3

Your pictures on the mountain all look portrait-quality. Really, really nice. :thumbsup2

HAHAHA I love this picture of Ray!! His eyebrows are cracking me up!! :rotfl:

I love that picture of you and Ray!! So good!!!

And the one of you...love it!!!

The pictures are gorgeous!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the Mountains in 2 weeks!! :woohoo:

i know! i kept telling him his eyebrow was crooked but he didn't care. it makes it funnier anyway! thanks about the pictures! it was so pretty up there. where are you guys going again? i know you told me but i've forgotten.

WOOOO HOOOOOO!! Go VOLS!!!!!

i will pass that along to ray. the only time i cheer for the vols is when they play georgia. being that i was raised a vandy girl, cheering for UT is practically sacreligious in my family! :laughing:

very good costum ray, i would have never thought to go as that.

i posted parker halloween pics, not sure if you saw them yet.

i thought his costume was hysterical! and your pics of parker are SUPER CUTE!!!

I love your costumes!!

I ove fall and seeing all the leaves change....makes me want to cook some soup and snuggle up with a good book.

thanks! you said that and i went to kroger to get ingredients for some taco soup. thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Amy Winehouse and Billy Mays! Great costumes!

thanks! we had fun with them!

Great costumes! I didn't even think that was you in the first one as Amy Winehouse, looking out the door. That's a great idea for a costume though -- kinda gives you license to be really crazy at the party. ("I'm just tryin' to stay in character")

I really like Ray's....the shirt, the eyebrows, the spray-on hair....all fantastic. But I have to say, he wouldn't go as Obama, but he'd go as a recently-deceased celebrity? :confused3

Your pictures on the mountain all look portrait-quality. Really, really nice. :thumbsup2

i'm kinda glad you didn't know it was me!!! i don't want to be recognizable as a crazy drunk! :laughing: i think he thought we'd offend someone. i don't know why though. he is all gung-ho about obama so it's not that he's against him. i'm not as optimistic as he is. don't get me wrong - i'm glad he won because i don't know if i could deal with the possibility of sarah palin as my president. but i just didn't buy into the obama thing like ray did. ray is usually the skeptical one but for some reason he really likes obama. i really don't want to get into politics on here (just because no one EVER wins that battle!). but suffice it to say that i'm not a democrat nor a republican. i'm just ME and i vote for whoever i think will do a better job. i thought the idea of obama and his nobel peace prize was brilliant but he just wasn't going for it! :rolleyes: oh, and thanks about the mountain pictures. it was so pretty up there!

i know! i kept telling him his eyebrow was crooked but he didn't care. it makes it funnier anyway! thanks about the pictures! it was so pretty up there. where are you guys going again? i know you told me but i've forgotten.

i will pass that along to ray. the only time i cheer for the vols is when they play georgia. being that i was raised a vandy girl, cheering for UT is practically sacreligious in my family! :laughing:

We are going to stay in Cherokee, then go to Bryson for the Polar Express train ride that night, then go to Pigeon forge the next morning to go to Dollywood. I am gonna be so tired, especially dealing with screaming girls at midnight on the 20th!!! :rotfl:

I am gonna have to find me a Vols shirt up there!!

I was cheering for Vandy like crazy this weekend! My friends husband is a huge GT fan and I can't stand him, so I go for whoever plays against tech! :lmao:

OMG Dawn your costumes were great! I saw you posted them on FB and I knew exactly who both of you were without even reading the picture captions, especially once you added that "white powder" to under your nose :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Those pictures from the mountains are gorgeous! I never even know there were mountains in GA until I came on the DIS...am I stupid or just sheltered? :confused3 :laughing: Fall is my favorite season and those pictures were really festive but you're right, winter is rapidly approaching :sad2:

Well, I've always thought you were a little crazy, and now your Halloween pictures have confirmed it. :) Looks like you guys had a very fun time.

I'm not sure what the Bakugan stuff is about either, but my students are all into it. They have tried to explain to me about which ones have power, etc., but I don't have a clue. All I know is they love to bring them on Show & Tell day, and they stick to the whiteboard. :laughing: The boys gather 'round them and the girls gather 'round the Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and Jonas Brothers stuff.

The nature pictures are pretty. No birds?

Did you make the taco soup, or is that for this weekend?

We are going to stay in Cherokee, then go to Bryson for the Polar Express train ride that night, then go to Pigeon forge the next morning to go to Dollywood. I am gonna be so tired, especially dealing with screaming girls at midnight on the 20th!!! :rotfl:

I am gonna have to find me a Vols shirt up there!!

I was cheering for Vandy like crazy this weekend! My friends husband is a huge GT fan and I can't stand him, so I go for whoever plays against tech! :lmao:

fun!!! i haven't been to dollywood since i was like 9 years old. i bet it's a lot different now! oh, i was just at anna's house giving her some of ray's cake to eat and i warned her that i'm totally gonna be a dork and wear my "team edward because jacob doesn't sparkle" sweatshirt to the movie on the 20th. she said she'd be disappointed if i didn't. :lmao:

you will be able to find PLENTY of vols shirts up there!!!

yay....go vandy! that was actually a better game than i thought it was gonna be. we play florida tomorrow. i doubt i'll even watch! :laughing:

OMG Dawn your costumes were great! I saw you posted them on FB and I knew exactly who both of you were without even reading the picture captions, especially once you added that "white powder" to under your nose :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Those pictures from the mountains are gorgeous! I never even know there were mountains in GA until I came on the DIS...am I stupid or just sheltered? :confused3 :laughing: Fall is my favorite season and those pictures were really festive but you're right, winter is rapidly approaching :sad2:

thanks! yeah, we just had fun with it. it was a great night! yep, we have lots of mountains up north. pretty ones, too!

Well, I've always thought you were a little crazy, and now your Halloween pictures have confirmed it. :) Looks like you guys had a very fun time.

I'm not sure what the Bakugan stuff is about either, but my students are all into it. They have tried to explain to me about which ones have power, etc., but I don't have a clue. All I know is they love to bring them on Show & Tell day, and they stick to the whiteboard. :laughing: The boys gather 'round them and the girls gather 'round the Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and Jonas Brothers stuff.

The nature pictures are pretty. No birds?

Did you make the taco soup, or is that for this weekend?

a *little* crazy is okay, right? ;) you should've heard luke telling me about them the other night. he had me in his bedroom floor with this card thing that had a magnet in it and he was showing me what each one of them did. it was so cute! nope, no birds. i think it was too cold for the birds! :laughing: ray's sister is a big bird watcher and she even had her binoculars out, but we never saw any to speak of. i made the taco soup just for the heck of it. it's very yummy! here's the recipe in case you want it:

1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
3 15-oz. cans mexican (ranch style) beans - do not drain (i leave these out because i hate beans!)
1 15-oz. can corn - do not drain
1 14-oz. can chopped tomatoes - do not drain
1 14-oz. can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 4.5-oz. can chopped chiles
1 pack (2.5 oz.) taco seasoning
1 1-oz. pack of ranch (hidden valley) salad dressing mix

brown ground beef and onion, then drain. add all other ingredients together and bring to a boil. add beef and onions and simmer for 30 minutes.

so what is everyone doing this weekend? my saturday is gonna be mega boring - i have to co-teach a continuing education class for court reporters. but at least it's at the local courthouse so i don't have to go far. but sunday ray and i are gonna go see "a christmas carol" in 3-D at the imax theater!!! we've already bought tickets so i'm super excited! :3dglasses

thanks for posting that taco soup recipe! me and chris are gonna try and make it this week it sounds so yummy :thumbsup2

i have a really busy weekend coming up so we're going to see A Christmas Carol next weekend...no IMAX around here though! you're gonna have to let us know how it is :)

thanks! you said that and i went to kroger to get ingredients for some taco soup. thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2

!

I love taco soup! It's my go-to easy winter meal.
I have a really simple recipe....browned hamburger, 2 cans black beans, 1 can corn , 1 large can of tomato juice or V8, taco seasoning and a tbs brown sugar. I put it all in the crock pot.

:rotfl2:Dawn your costume was so funny!! I have to say I love Ray's UT shirt given I am from East TN. The fall colors are beautiful and it makes me want to go up to the Smokies to see the leaves, just got to talk my husband into the drive.

Heather - You can definately find a Vols shirt in PF, should be no trouble. :thumbsup2

Margot is the cutest little pumpkin ever, and you and Ray cracked me up with your Halloween costumes!!! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Connor is into Bakugan, too! I guess it is all the rage with little boys right now. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter