~A XMAS STORY~decorations, crowds, pixies..AND A BLOODY NOSE~ACTUAL UPDATE 11/9 p190

Hey Dawn!

Great last installment...definitely helped get me (even more) excited for my trip next week. We will be doing lots of Christmas-y things if you want to get your fix. Check out my pre-trippie if you want...It's a little boring at the moment, but once the actual trip happens, it should be fun! I would love it if you did a pre-trippie for your next trip. Your trippies are always so entertaining and I love how you include other life things in with them...the billions of pics don't hurt either. Good luck with the baby plans too!

I am so sad that your TR is finished, but that means you are starting your PTR soon, right? ;)

I am glad you were able to hold yourself together and not throw a major tantrum as you were leaving. I am sure Ray was thankful as well. :lmao:

One year down, and just one more year to go -- I bet it flies by! :goodvibes

:sad1: I am sad its over!!! I know that feeling oh too well when you leave and you just feel like you want to fall down and scwall like a baby!! haha

Your friend takes some awesome pictures!!!! I love the ones of you and Brooke and Brett!!

Sorry its over, I have really enjoyed your "life" updates as well. Your christmas pictures have helped up plan our December 2010 trip, thanks!:goodvibes

Hi Dawn!!! Awww its so sad your trip report is over! I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to your pre trip report for xmas 2010!

i really need to get back there! six flags is horrible!!!!! i hate going there. now i LOVE the rides, but the park itself is disgusting and the people working there are just flat out rude. they are NEVER pleasant, at least not that i've encountered. one time when me and my brother and his girlfriend at the time were there, we were walking to the car and they had one area of the parking lot blocked off, but it was really confusing. well, we kind of walked in the wrong area (not knowing it) and the person who was working in the parking lot starts yelling at us and flagging us to go the other way, like really forcefully. it was so obnoxiously rude. so i yelled at her, "you have a great day. and your customer service skills rock." she looked at me and said, "just doing my job." so then i yelled back, "we are SO not at disney world!!!!!!" :rotfl2: i just couldn't help myself.

Oh, and we love Big Al!!!! I would love to see him taking pictures!!!!! Blood on the sadddddllllleeee!! baaaa baaaa!! lol! I am trying to mimick him singing!! haha

I am so excited! I just love Dollywood!!

Six flags used to be nice...when I worked there!! lol!!!! We were taught to be nice to the guests and to help them. I only had a couple of problems with rude guests. One I remember that was funny! I worked at Monster Plantation (water ride through a swamp..kind of like Its a Small World/Pirates/I dont' know!haha) and the water level was really high so we had to shut down the pumps and drain the water a little. Well, when the water would get high..the boats would float off the track in the first section of the house and a few of us would have to take off ours shoes and pull the boats back on the track and push them in the house. Well, I was about to do that and went to the que line to let the guests know the problem. I anticipated it to be about 20-30 minutes till it would be ready. I explained everything and he got rude. Then looked at me and said "Can you not go get the water out now and run it within 5 minutes?? Or are you not smart enough for that!" I looked at him and said, "Um, let me just got get myself a few buckets and shovel the water out that way...would that suit you or would you rather me suck it in my mouth and do it that way?!?!?!" He just looked at me!! Chad pulled me back towards the house laughing and said I needed to calm down! I was super nice all the time towards people. But there were that few who thought we needed to hand everything on a platter to them! But, we were nice back then! Not like the kids now..they are awful!!!

BooHOoo....I"m sad your report is done. I loved all of the wonderful pictures of the Christmas decorations at WDW...and the Disney on Ice. We usually go to all the ones that come through town but the one you went to is going to the town about 2 hours away...now I'm thinking it might be worth the drive. That was a ton of characters you don't normally see!

All the pictures were wonderful! If you do start a pre trip let us know....I love how you add the other fun things you do within your reports....plus I've got to see more pics of that adorable niece of yours! It helps give me a baby fix since we are all done having ours.

Thanks for sharing!

So sad it's over Dawn :guilty: but I enjoyed every minute of it! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing everything with us and really getting me in the spirit to go to WDW in just 20 days now :woohoo: You're going to have the best trip of your life next time you go there with your little one so the long wait will totally pay off :santa:

So enjoyed it all Dawn. I am sad to see it end... and know that feeling of it will be a while is so hard... but the WL next Christmas will be so wonderful!

I cannot believe how much you did and saw over those 4 days....

Awww....so sad it's over! I love reading about your trips and life happenings! Please start a PTR!!!!

thanks so much! you're sweet. :)

Hey Dawn!

Great last installment...definitely helped get me (even more) excited for my trip next week. We will be doing lots of Christmas-y things if you want to get your fix. Check out my pre-trippie if you want...It's a little boring at the moment, but once the actual trip happens, it should be fun! I would love it if you did a pre-trippie for your next trip. Your trippies are always so entertaining and I love how you include other life things in with them...the billions of pics don't hurt either. Good luck with the baby plans too!

i'm heading over there now! thanks so much. :)

I am so sad that your TR is finished, but that means you are starting your PTR soon, right? ;)

I am glad you were able to hold yourself together and not throw a major tantrum as you were leaving. I am sure Ray was thankful as well. :lmao:

One year down, and just one more year to go -- I bet it flies by! :goodvibes

yes, ray was thankful. i really wanted to boo-hoo but i held it together. i hope this year flies by...we will see!

:sad1: I am sad its over!!! I know that feeling oh too well when you leave and you just feel like you want to fall down and scwall like a baby!! haha

Your friend takes some awesome pictures!!!! I love the ones of you and Brooke and Brett!!

i have a feeling ray wouldn't be very happy if i had done what i felt like doing. :laughing: yeah, amanda is really talented. it's good to have her as a friend because she gives me deals on taking pics. she only charged us $50 for the entire CD of pictures she gave us for my dad's christmas that year (and it was a BUNCH) and then we had them printed on our own. it was awesome!

Sorry its over, I have really enjoyed your "life" updates as well. Your christmas pictures have helped up plan our December 2010 trip, thanks!:goodvibes

thanks! oh, i hope you guys have a great time. it's sooooo fun at christmastime!

Hi Dawn!!! Awww its so sad your trip report is over! I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to your pre trip report for xmas 2010!

thanks, lauren! looking forward to seeing you there.

I am so excited! I just love Dollywood!!

Six flags used to be nice...when I worked there!! lol!!!! We were taught to be nice to the guests and to help them. I only had a couple of problems with rude guests. One I remember that was funny! I worked at Monster Plantation (water ride through a swamp..kind of like Its a Small World/Pirates/I dont' know!haha) and the water level was really high so we had to shut down the pumps and drain the water a little. Well, when the water would get high..the boats would float off the track in the first section of the house and a few of us would have to take off ours shoes and pull the boats back on the track and push them in the house. Well, I was about to do that and went to the que line to let the guests know the problem. I anticipated it to be about 20-30 minutes till it would be ready. I explained everything and he got rude. Then looked at me and said "Can you not go get the water out now and run it within 5 minutes?? Or are you not smart enough for that!" I looked at him and said, "Um, let me just got get myself a few buckets and shovel the water out that way...would that suit you or would you rather me suck it in my mouth and do it that way?!?!?!" He just looked at me!! Chad pulled me back towards the house laughing and said I needed to calm down! I was super nice all the time towards people. But there were that few who thought we needed to hand everything on a platter to them! But, we were nice back then! Not like the kids now..they are awful!!!

i have told both ray and anna about you going and that we need to go soon. it sounds fun!

yeah, i know the monster plantation. the last time i rode it was in 2007 with my sister and some of her friends from work. one of the guys decided to get out of the boat and walk through the scenes. :eek: someone running the ride came over the loud speaker and told him to get back in the boat. i was mortified!!! i was like 31 at the time and i was there with my sister and all her early-20-something friends and the guys were acting like morons! oh, well....at least no one was hurt.

i can't believe that guy saying that to you!!!! people kill me. like acting like an :eeyore: is going to help anything in a situation like that. :confused3

Aw boo..I hate last days.

WL looks so neat lit up!

WHERE is that Tink figurine?!

i know....me too! i think that figurine is in the art of disney store. if you're looking at the castle, it's on the right near the watch store.

BooHOoo....I"m sad your report is done. I loved all of the wonderful pictures of the Christmas decorations at WDW...and the Disney on Ice. We usually go to all the ones that come through town but the one you went to is going to the town about 2 hours away...now I'm thinking it might be worth the drive. That was a ton of characters you don't normally see!

All the pictures were wonderful! If you do start a pre trip let us know....I love how you add the other fun things you do within your reports....plus I've got to see more pics of that adorable niece of yours! It helps give me a baby fix since we are all done having ours.

Thanks for sharing!

thanks! i hope you get to go to disney on ice. it was a great show! i will for sure let you know about my pre-trippie if i do one. ;) and i'm sure there will be LOTS more pics of margot to come!!!

So sad it's over Dawn :guilty: but I enjoyed every minute of it! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing everything with us and really getting me in the spirit to go to WDW in just 20 days now :woohoo: You're going to have the best trip of your life next time you go there with your little one so the long wait will totally pay off :santa:

thanks! you guys are gonna have a blast....can't wait to read about it. i will be so jealous of all my disfriends in disney in december! :laughing:

So enjoyed it all Dawn. I am sad to see it end... and know that feeling of it will be a while is so hard... but the WL next Christmas will be so wonderful!

I cannot believe how much you did and saw over those 4 days....

thanks!!! i really hope everything works out with us staying there. i know...it was a PACKED 4 days!

Please start a PTR!!!!

I would love it if you did a pre-trippie for your next trip.

Looking forward to your pre trip report for xmas 2010!

If you do start a pre trip let us know

okay, okay....you guys talked me into it! :lmao:

here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2327634

I am sad that the TR is over but have already subbed to your PTR and look forward to keeping up with you over the next year.

It was a wonderful report!! :goodvibes

What a fantastic TR! I've loved every minute of it :thumbsup2 Seriously--your TR made me want to go to Disney World at Christmas so badly. I've enjoyed all of your non-Disney adventures as well. I'm anxious to hear updates about if you'll have a little one with you or not (I subscribed to your PTR). :goodvibes Thanks SOOO much for sharing everything with us. I've loved reading along.

--Staci

what a great trip report!! heading over to check in on the new pretrip one!!!
I so enjoy reading about all your adventures!!

I can't believe it's over! I'm glad you dragged it out for so long because it's more time for us to enjoy it.....ok, and it makes mine not look like it's taking so long.;)

I can't wait till I get to read a baby report!:banana:

Thanks for a great trip report, I enjoyed following your adventures. :thumbsup2

It's cool that you got to meet Big Al. He's one of my favorites too.

i have been following along quietly for quite some time now and just had to post to say i really enjoyed your report. when i saw your sad face i figured i had to show you my siggie. my ds was 4 on this trip and we had just left the magic kingdom to fly home. the sad face was his response when i told him we wouldnt be back for a while. it is exactly how i feel everytime i leave that magical place.

I had to come back and post that ever since I saw your Big Al picture I've had his song "Blood on the Saddle" going through my head. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!