~A XMAS STORY~decorations, crowds, pixies..AND A BLOODY NOSE~ACTUAL UPDATE 11/9 p190

Thanks for showing us those pictures! The pic of Minnie with her little Cindy doll was my favorite--how adorable!! :goodvibes It looks like the family had such a great time.

Oh--and I laughed when you said Ray told you that you had to get a pic of that lady! My hubby has gotten to the point he'll tell me the same thing about crazy people! :rotfl:

and tinkgurl, this one is for you!

SMAL3UCANUTJ7ACAUE21KPCA0O9ESDCATB6.jpg

Aw thanks Dawn! You know we love taking our pic there!

Thanks for sharing all those pics. Such a cute family.

Those kids are adorable!!! I have to find that big Mickey ear thingy that Tinkgurl always gets her picture made at!!

Looks like I saw a little ankle bracelet type alarm. :lmao: My mom actually bought the brickhouse child locator. We tested it out at the mall with Hollie, my sister, and I wearing it while my mom kept the main part to it. It actually worked really good!! When they dropped me off at Ulta (for makeup of course! hahaha) I forgot to give it back and they said that the main part went off and off until my mom had to take the battery out!! :rotfl2:

yeah, i asked her about this. she said that she and her husband use them for running and that they got some for the boys and that the little girl had hers (the mom's) on. she said she just wanted to be sure their cell phone was attached to the kids' bodies in case they got lost. that's crazy about the brickhouse thing! i will probably get something like that, too, when i have a kid...i'm such a worry wart!

great pics! :thumbsup2

thanks! (i didn't take them but i posted them. :laughing:)

You are right, Dawn -- I love Disney pictures even when I don't know the family! :laughing:

That picture of the little girl with Cinderella on the sidewalk is too stinkin' cute!

:rotfl: i know! oh, and that's my favorite picture. i showed it to ray and we both got a kick out of it!

Me, too! We don't have to know them; we just know Disney, and when we see anyone having a good time there, we're happy! :)

Brooklynn and Bella got their first picture made in the Contemporary Mickey on this trip, so I am sure that will be added to one of several spots that they are photographed at regularly on future trips. We do the totem pole any time we're at WL and the little elephants at Rafiki's, too.

They all look like they had a great time, and I am sure they very much appreciated your help.

I like the picture where Minnie is more interested in her delicious breakfast than in entertaining Snow White. :laughing:

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I saw the Disney on Ice pictures, too. So glad you girls got to do that! It was an awesome show, and I know it gave you a much needed dose of Disney magic. :wizard:

i agree! i always tell friends/clients now to call me AT ANY TIME if they have a question about ANYTHING.....really i just want them to call me while they're at disney world!!! :lmao: i love the picture of minnie with snow white, too. i will update disney on ice here as soon as i'm done with savannah. it's gonna take me awhile to sort out those pictures and figure out which ones to post - i took over 400! i can't wait to see the pics of bella and brooklynn with micky at the CR!

Thanks for showing us those pictures! The pic of Minnie with her little Cindy doll was my favorite--how adorable!! :goodvibes It looks like the family had such a great time.

Oh--and I laughed when you said Ray told you that you had to get a pic of that lady! My hubby has gotten to the point he'll tell me the same thing about crazy people! :rotfl:

you're welcome! i love that picture, too. so sweet!

Aw thanks Dawn! You know we love taking our pic there!

Thanks for sharing all those pics. Such a cute family.

you're welcome! i enjoyed seeing them so i figured you guys would, too.

Those pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them.

you're welcome! glad you enjoyed them.

back to the savannah mini trip!

so after forsyth park we decided to go check out bonaventure cemetery. in all our trips to savannah we had never been there. it's where some of the scenes in "midnight in the garden of good and evil" take place and is actually the garden of good and evil the author is referring to. it's on the outskirts of savannah and i had to look up directions on where to go before we left that day. but thank goodness for the GPS on ray's phone because otherwise we wouldn't have found it.

673582558_RM7mr-L.jpg

we stopped at the office building and got a map. this place was HUGE!!! over 100 acres. and it's still a functioning cemetery, so they let you drive back but you have to go very slow as not to disturb some of the more recently-made graves.

i was disappointed to learn that the bird girl sculptor is no longer at bonaventure. it is now in a museum in savannah. this is the sculpture that's featured on the cover of the book. i have a mini version in my butterfly garden.

the first grave we saw was little gracie. this is one i wanted to see while i was here because i'd seen pics of it before and it was just beautiful and haunting.

673557695_AQyPL-L.jpg

673555353_AzhYy-L.jpg

673559581_wDDFF-L.jpg

the rest of these are just random grave sites that i thought were pretty. johnny mercer (the musician) is buried here but we never did find his grave.

673561208_N2JqA-L.jpg

673563849_Ng4QV-L.jpg

673566015_BjHiM-L.jpg

this tree made me want to climb it! but i figured that would be quite inappropriate in a cemetery.

673568861_mueXn-L.jpg

the water that ray is looking at is the water that they pan over at the very beginning of the movie.

673570616_9BizG-L.jpg

these are a couple of my favorites....

673572619_MMijL-L.jpg

673574415_aWNQU-L.jpg

this family's plot was full of children's graves. so sad.

673578323_bVrkn-L.jpg

i love the spanish moss!

673580239_ciWmg-L.jpg

the cemetery was soooooooooo beautiful and i'm so glad we went there. it's so huge though - there's no way you can see all of it in a few hours. i think we were there for about 2 hours and only saw a little bit of it.

after that we headed back to the beach house for an afternoon break and to freshen up. then we headed back into savannah for dinner at belford's at city market. it was nice that night so we got a table out on the patio. this was our view.....

673584433_TxFAU-L.jpg

ray got a blueberry martini and i got a glass of chardonnay. his martini looked yummy! okay, it was...i may have sneaked a sip!

DSC02553.jpg

673585670_U9m7c-L.jpg

673586925_ASZXG-L.jpg

we got a caesar salad to share. and that bread was soooo good!

DSC02556.jpg

while we were waiting on our entrees a kids' race went by. you should've seen the little kids running....they were so cute! i tried to get a picture of some of them but you can barely see them.

673588938_HMvgs-L.jpg

i got the halibut with mushroom risotto. since i had halibut in NYC i've been wanting more because it was so good at blue fin. well, this was good, but definitely not blue fin!!!

DSC02563.jpg

ray got crab cakes and they were GOOD.

DSC02564.jpg

we took leftovers to go and i may have finished off ray's crab cakes that night. :rolleyes1

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34068949&postcount=2747

we had some time to kill before we needed to be at colonial park cemetery for our ghost tour, so we decided to do what else but shop for more candy!!!

673590647_NcT7h-L.jpg

this cute little train was going around the top of the candy store.

673592795_qPsis-L.jpg

we bought tons of candy - lots of white chocolate covered pecan clusters and pralines to munch on later. :thumbsup2 we also got the boys some doggie treats while we were there.

we made our way to colonial park cemetery and had to walk past the police station on the way there. they had these old police cars parked out front....

673594934_t6AVD-L.jpg

heading towards the cemetery entrance....the cemetery is on the left.

673596958_bk8tq-L.jpg

673598875_vhZjt-L.jpg

673600720_eJqWn-L.jpg

so the tour started at the cemetery entrance but we didn't actually walk through it. they're not allowed to do that any more. this was a walking tour so we started out walking alongside the cemetery. you can see some of the old head stones on the back wall in this pictures. sorry for the blurriness. i'm still getting used to taking pictures at night.

673602422_ehkjB-L.jpg

the tour guide told us that the cemetery used to be A LOT bigger and when they started to build the city up, they just built it on top of dead people. so if you're walking around the historic district, you're probably walking on dead people. nice! anyway, they took some of the head stones from these graves and put them on that back wall. she said a lot of paranormal activity is seen in this area, but of course we didn't see anything.

this is the kehoe house. it's now a bed and breakfast and it's BEAUTIFUL! it's apparently very haunted.

673604194_8eWaF-L.jpg

she said little girls' voices can be heard in one of the back rooms sometimes and that the homeowner likes to haunt the top dark window because that's where his office was.

673605953_8LQTr-L.jpg

this place is an inn and restaurant now but it is the most haunted place in savannah. the figure in the window is supposed to be a joke to represent anna, the ghost that haunts room 204. someone said it looked like michael jackson! :rotfl2:

673609896_7Xq9p-L.jpg

the story she told us was that anna was a young bride that lived here. she was married to an older man who basically treated her like a slave and she fell in love with a german sailor who was staying at the inn. her husband found out and locked her in her room to be hung later and she jumped out the window. well, she didn't die but instead broke a bunch of bones and then her husband had his servants beat her up and lock her in the room again, where she died of her injuries. miley cyrus was supposed to have stayed here with her mom when they were filming a movie this summer in tybee island and she says anna left a handprint on her boot. here's the story:

http://www.thecoastalsource.com/con...s-Ghost-Encounter/f2l4--2rr0iUjNavcuRyyQ.cspx

this is the area inside the tavern where we sat while she told us the story...

673608321_N2mxL-L.jpg

here's the last site we went to, where she talked about how they hung pirates that came into the port.

673611640_mn4b2-L.jpg

i just thought this area was really pretty!

673613550_sAZT2-L.jpg

673615604_YajZx-L.jpg

673617761_WNnP3-L.jpg

after that the tour was over. i thought it was okay. it was $20 each so worth $40? not really. i'm not saying it was bad. it just wasn't what i expected. it was more historical than "ghostly". don't get me wrong - i love learning about the history of the city - i just could do that while riding a bus! :laughing:

we headed back to the car and on the way happened to pass by our favorite store ever, parker's market on drayton street. if you're ever in savannah, stop by here! they have the coolest stuff.

673619160_Gk3u4-L.jpg

when we got back to the beach house we gave the boys their treats....

673620876_4vLnK-L.jpg

they were very excited! :goodvibes

673622407_ECTAB-L.jpg

so that was our second day! next up...we have a relaxing last day at the beach and a very yummy dinner....and another attempt at taking the doggies to the beach!

The pictures of Ray's co-workers family are adorable! That little girl is a camera ham and sooo cute :laughing:

Wow, that cemetery is really beautiful. That sounds kind of weird to say that a cemetery is beautiful though haha But all that spanish moss and the big statues and all were so pretty.

I agree, the ghost tour really did seem more like a history tour but still really cool! idk if I'd be able to stay in any of those haunted places LOL

Cool pictures from the cemetary!

Oh, I could go for some fudge right now -- there is something about fudge made on the coast that is always so delicious to me.

i don't!!!! :lmao: believe me, if i ate like that all the time i'd weigh 500 pounds. and didn't you notice the ba-dunk-a-dunk anyway???? i've been slacking this summer because i was so busy with work. but i've gotten back on the workout train these past two weeks. just hope i can keep it up through the holidays! no comment on the extra-curricular. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Ba-dunk-a-dunk! Never had one. :sad: Always kind of had a small not badunky butt! You still look great! :thumbsup2

Loved your update! We spent one day in Savannah and enjoyed it, I would love to go for a week. It's so beautiful!

Did the doggies enjoy their treats? They look so excited! :)

Love the pictures of Bonaventure! I really have to make it to Savannah one of these days!!!

That blueberry martini looked yummy!! :)

The martini looks good.

I wasn't hungry until I saw your pictures and I don't like seafood. GREAT pics.

It's weird. I would never go to a cemetery out here just to sight see, but it's seems so natural where you're at or somewhere like New Orleans...why is that?

Savannah is my favorite American city. Bonaventure is visually stunning. Would be a terrific place to be buried. The bird girl statue that graced the cover of the novel Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil was on a family plot to the far left of the cemetary. The name on the plot is Trosdel. Also, Johnny Mercer's plot is nice. Had you found it, there is a bench there with the titles of his most popular songs engraved in it.

This cemetary is one of the most beautiful sights I've seen. Savannah really is a gem of a city.

Aww, another lovely Savannah update! I really, really want to go back there now!!!

We visited the Bonaventure Cemetery when we were there too, as part of the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil tour. It was so beautiful and, dare I say it, haunting! An amazing place to visit.

And I think we went to the same candy place too! Yum! And I think we also went to Parker's Market! It was either that, or a place that looked very similar. Does it have lots of great knick-knacky homeware stuff inside, but also gourmet sandwiches!? We loved that place!

And I think we have the same dogs!! Hehee, no, not really.

This...

this tree made me want to climb it! but i figured that would be quite inappropriate in a cemetery.

... made me laugh out loud. Hehee. I had to explain to Conan was I was laughing at! :rolleyes1

Thanks for another fun update Dawn!

I actually just read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil earlier this year for the first time and it made me want to visit Savannah. But now, after seeing your pictures of everything I read about in the book, I want to see it EVEN MORE!

I had no idea that Bonaventure Cemetery was so huge! Wow, but it's GORGEOUS!

Belford's looks absolutely delicious! Especially those crab cakes!

"headed back home on sunday and that was my weekend. margot was so sweet and i'm so glad i got to spend some time with her. while we were waiting for our table at PF chang's she just sat in my lap and looked around and then when i'd play with her she'd make this little screaming noise that was so cute! and it was so nice to see some old friends from school and to see memom, jill, erica, brooklynn and bella! and of course it was fun being with erin all weekend, too. good company all around! :grouphug: "

I've been MIA lately...lots of H1N1 in our house keeping me hopping. That's the one thing about kids..they LOVE to bring those germs home and share with the whole family! Anywho....just wanted to say YEA! for seeing Margot! I love this age. They are alert and happy and play with you but still can't run away quite yet! Happy to hear you had a great time...okay I'm off to finish catching up with the rest of the report.

Okay I'm caught up....I have never been to Savanna...now I want to go! It looks incredible. I wonder if I can convince my DH to take a trip down there just the two of us? That would mean Grandparents watching the kids so it would be convincing them too!

Thanks for sharing the trip info...now I have ideas of where to go if we do go to Savanna!

Keeping my fingers crossed for the baby situation! It'll happen when it's supposed to! We tried for over a year on our first one...just when we were getting ready to start treatment I found out I was pregnant! Just relax and remember trying is the fun part!!!

Your pictures are very pretty, but "ghost stuff" is not on my list of things to do. I would have nightmares for the rest of my life.

Your pictures are very pretty, but "ghost stuff" is not on my list of things to do. I would have nightmares for the rest of my life.

My thoughts exactly.
I want to see the historical places and things in Savannah - just not the scary historical places and things! :scared1:
Big chicken here. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter