A WISH for Cold Tea? Ana's aMAWzing Disney Trip! 12/1-12/7 ~Last Entry~ p.127

Excellent end to your trip report. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to take a look inside Juliana's WISH trip and see what GKTW is all about. Hopefully it will be a blessing for Rick and his family that he met you and your family that day. I can understand how that would have been a hard conversation to have, because it was choking me up just reading about it.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a great trip and I look forward to reading about your most recent adventure!
Andy- Thank you for reading!

Hopefully I'll have the next TR started in a few days.

Tim...I am a bit sad to see your TR come to an end. I have loved hearing all about your trip and the great time you all had. I guess I can just get excited for your next one:cool1:. Having just started ours I realize it can be lots of work so thanks for sharing everything with us.
Thank you for following along! TRs are a lot of work but they are so worth it (IMO! ;))

I was really touched by your meeting with Rick. I remember back when Chelsea was first diagnosed I wanted so badly to find an infant who had been diagnosed that had made it...it was not easy to find that and my heart just about broke for lack of hope then I found a little boy who was diagnosed at the same age and had the same treatment who was celebrating his 4th birthday and continues to do well to this day. Getting to know his mom on line was the HOPE I so desperately needed. I am sure you were that for Rick's family...I am so glad you all met.
I'm so glad you found someone who had gone through the same treatments as Chelsea. I think you are right, meeting us gave him hope for his litlte girl and family.

Looking forward to hearing about your latest Disney adventure.
Thanks! :goodvibes

Your last post had me in tears. Each one of these kids is such a miracle. It is so great that there is a place like GKTW where kids can go and be normal for a week and just have the time of their lives leaving all their worries back home. When my cousin did her wish trip they did not put them at GKTW and I think they really got jipped. Not sure if they went through MAW or not, but I know it was a similar organization. It breaks my heart to see all those stars on the ceiling knowing that many sick kids have been there, but heart warming at the same time, knowing that that many kids had their magical moment.
I know that MAW and other organizations try to get GKTW if it is available. Maybe it was booked up when they went? :confused3 I am so glad we did get to stay there and it was perfect!

This sounds like the trip of a lifetime for you guys, with magic moments happening for the whole family! And what a way to find out you are adding to the family at the happiest place on earth! Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully you have it all saved. You should print it out and give it to Juliana when she graduates high school or college.
That is not a bad idea... Come to think of it, I should print out all my TRs. :scratchin

Thank you for reading! :goodvibes

Tim, now that you are done I'm all caught up. (thanks for the table of contents by the way!)
LOL no problem! :thumbsup2
I'm so glad you guys had a fun trip! I loved all juilianas customs! And she's going to be a great big sister! How lucky to have some time to spend with brother before she has to head off to kindy!
humm... not that much time but she will have a few weeks with him! :goodvibes
I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this story! The company my works leases our land from, Signature Flight Support, has a couple GKTW fundraisers each year. But they aren't very detailed in just all that goes on there, at least at my location. I'm glad to have some knowledge to share next time!
Thanks for reading. If you need any more info on GKTW, let me know. I'd be happy to share it with you or point you in the right direction. :goodvibes

Great job Tim. It was wonderful to follow-along on your trip!
Thank you for reading Glen. :goodvibes

I imagine you folks really lifted the spirits of that TSA agent. There's nothing like being able to talk to someone who can relate to what you're going through.
He really needed someone at that moment and I am so happy we were there for him, even though it was only a few minutes.

I came back tonight to post after NOT being able to when I saw all of the stars on the ceiling at GKTW...that sent me into a tailspin the night I read it and just couldn't write about the incredible update you had just posted..I came back to do that tonight and have been sitting here bawling like a baby after reading this latest update!

Thanks for coming back! ;)

Are you on FB? GKTW just posted a picture today of the Castle of Miracles expansion... it is almost done. They needed more room for the stars. :cloud9:

Praise God for giving you Ana and such a wonderful healing, for your newest addition that will bring such love and laughter to you and Melody, for you Tim for being such a wonderful help and comfort to so many, for Melody for being your beautiful wife and to Rick and his dear family who are fighting such a long, hard fight, and I THANK GOD for putting you in his line. Praise God for GKTW and MAW who bless the most courageous and brave people in the world, the children who battle these horrible illnesses! I LOVED the PRINCESS parade, Little Ana in her plastic cap to keep her Princess hair just so, all of the fun at GKTW, the flight photos home, the limo...I loved this entire journey and THANK YOU for sharing it with us all!
Thank you for reading and following our trip.:) I know you and the family are going to have a wonderful time at GKTW and in Disney. Wanna know a little secret? Don't go looking for the magic.... it will come to you. ;)

What a way to end the trip.
A Princess parade and a then "chance" encounter where you can pass on encouragement to another dad whose daughter is experiencing a similar stuggle and you can show them the light that is a healthy Juliana. :goodvibes
Hey PAT.. thanks for reading! It was an emotional last day on so many levels but it was a trip of a lifetime. :goodvibes

What a great trip report. Julianna and your family deserved this magical trip together. I will keep Rick's daughter in my prayers.
Thank you for reading! It was a week filled with magic and we are so thankful that we were able to do this together as a family.

Thank you for praying for Erin and her family. :grouphug:

Thank you for sharing an update on Erin. She has been in my prayers everyday and will continue to be until she is (fingers crossed):goodvibes healthy.

So NOT fair to have a gal starting & ending your TR in tears. What a simply amazing story. So nice that you were able to end your trip giving some hope to a Dad who's just a few steps behind you & your beautiful family's path.

I will continue to pray that no child ever NEEDS a MAW trip, but that there are great folks who continue to make it possible as long as it is needed. (My sister had a Dream Come True trip to WDW & US a few months before she died with her husband and their 5 year old twins. what an amazing gift)

I'll keep my eye out for your next TR! Thanks again for sharing the World with us! (dang need more tissues. !)

Tim, thank you for the update on Erin. We will continue to keep good thoughts and pray for her and her family.

great end to your trip report tim! we'll keep erin in our prayers. what were the odds of the two of you meeting in a crowded airport? glad you guys had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you and family. hopefully we can meet up again!:thumbsup2

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. :hug:

It was a great ending! She got such a kick out of being in the princess parade. :goodvibes

Thanks. He had melanoma. It's kinda scary how many people are affected by cancer in some way!

Princess Parade looked so cool :)

Great to hear an update on dear little Erin. Hope this is what it will take to get her healthy again!

Hope you're having a great day!

Thank you for sharing princess:Princess Juliana'sprincess: trip with us. She looks like she had so much fun her last day in the princess parade. It's wonderful she can be an inspiration for another family going through a very difficult time as well. So glad you guys were in the right spot at the right time.pixiedust:

Hey Tim, gosh I sure missed a lot the week leading up to my trip and while I was gone. Even missed that you ended up there the same time as I was there. We thoroughly enjoyed the rental house, which I took off your previous TR.

What a beautiful end to your MAW trip. Juliana is beautiful as always. Congratulations on the news of the new little bundle of joy on the way. And of course you left me crying at the end with your interaction at MCO. Prayers that his little girl can have as much success as Juliana has.

Can't wait to read about your latest trip and get your take on the crowds.:)

Sorry... I knew that was a sad story, but I had to share it. You pretty much summed up what happened. :hug:

From what we heard, the BBB parade is everyday at 2. So when you bring your girls there on your next trip, you'll know. ;) Juliana has to be the center of attention. :rotfl2: princess:

I wish we spent a little more time at GKTW... but with trying to fit in all the parks and time with Mel's family, we did miss some other great events at GKTW like the Candyland Game (which I know Juliana would have loved) and Christmas. I am happy we took the last day to have some fun in the village.

Thank you for reading along and you BETTER join me for the next TR. ;)

I've been praying for little Erin.:goodvibes Can you pm me her caringbridge site? I'd love to follow along if possible. I'm so glad you shared the airport story, it was very moving and now I'll bet that just by you sharing it, many people here will be thinking of and praying for Erin. You've helped this family already Tim.:thumbsup2

Oh that parade looks awesome! I know my youngest would be strutting right down the front of it. My other two would probably think they're too old now, sigh. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has a princess that likes to be the center of attention!:laughing:

I'm so glad there's a place like GKTW. Well, sad for the reason it exists but happy that it brings joy to ill kids and their families.:goodvibes

Well of course I'll be following your next TR silly!:goodvibes How could I not? I'm planning on it and if you would be so kind as to drag it waaaaay out this time so that it encompasses the arrival of your little boy, I'd appreciate it!:goodvibes You don't mind, do you?;)

That princess parade looks like a lot of fun! Glad Juliana was able to participate.

I've really enjoyed reading your TR. Can't wait to follow your new TR! :goodvibes

so Tim, if you start you next TR while we are gone, make sure you leave a clue so I can find it!

I will be contacting you when we get back...need to pick your brain for something I want to plan for a friend for their upcoming trip!

Thank you for sharing an update on Erin. She has been in my prayers everyday and will continue to be until she is (fingers crossed):goodvibes healthy.
Thank you for praying for her. :grouphug:

So NOT fair to have a gal starting & ending your TR in tears. What a simply amazing story. So nice that you were able to end your trip giving some hope to a Dad who's just a few steps behind you & your beautiful family's path.
Sorry for the tears... it wasn't my intention.

Thank you for reading. :)

I will continue to pray that no child ever NEEDS a MAW trip, but that there are great folks who continue to make it possible as long as it is needed. (My sister had a Dream Come True trip to WDW & US a few months before she died with her husband and their 5 year old twins. what an amazing gift)
I am so sorry to hear about your sister. How nice that she was able to spend a wonderful vacation with her family.

I'll keep my eye out for your next TR! Thanks again for sharing the World with us! (dang need more tissues. !)
You probably won't need tissues for my next report... then again. ;)

Tim, thank you for the update on Erin. We will continue to keep good thoughts and pray for her and her family.
Thank you Kathy. :grouphug:

great end to your trip report tim! we'll keep erin in our prayers. what were the odds of the two of you meeting in a crowded airport? glad you guys had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you and family. hopefully we can meet up again!:thumbsup2
Thanks for following along Dave. It was great meeting you and your DD too! :goodvibes

Thanks. He had melanoma. It's kinda scary how many people are affected by cancer in some way!
You are right- I think everyone is affected by cancer. :sad2:

Great to hear an update on dear little Erin. Hope this is what it will take to get her healthy again!

Hope you're having a great day!
I really do hope this will work for her. She has already been through so much already.

Thank you Liesa! I've had a busy last few days. I still have to get over to your report and comment... (I read your updade :))

Thank you for sharing princess:Princess Juliana'sprincess: trip with us. She looks like she had so much fun her last day in the princess parade. It's wonderful she can be an inspiration for another family going through a very difficult time as well. So glad you guys were in the right spot at the right time.pixiedust:
Thank you for reading! She really had a great time being in the parade! :goodvibes

Hey Tim, gosh I sure missed a lot the week leading up to my trip and while I was gone. Even missed that you ended up there the same time as I was there. We thoroughly enjoyed the rental house, which I took off your previous TR.

I forgot you were going to be there the same time as we were! Our friends tries to rent that house again and obviously they weren't able. I hope your pool heat worked! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 :lmao:

What a beautiful end to your MAW trip. Juliana is beautiful as always. Congratulations on the news of the new little bundle of joy on the way. And of course you left me crying at the end with your interaction at MCO. Prayers that his little girl can have as much success as Juliana has.
Thank you! We are praying for Erin to be cured of this horrible disease.

Can't wait to read about your latest trip and get your take on the crowds.:)
It was very busy, but we managed pretty good. I think I will get it started at some point next week. :goodvibes

I've been praying for little Erin.:goodvibes Can you pm me her caringbridge site? I'd love to follow along if possible. I'm so glad you shared the airport story, it was very moving and now I'll bet that just by you sharing it, many people here will be thinking of and praying for Erin. You've helped this family already Tim.:thumbsup2
I PMed ya. :)

Oh that parade looks awesome! I know my youngest would be strutting right down the front of it. My other two would probably think they're too old now, sigh. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has a princess that likes to be the center of attention!:laughing:
Are you kidding me? Juliana HAS to be in the front and the center of attention. :lmao::lmao:

Well of course I'll be following your next TR silly!:goodvibes How could I not? I'm planning on it and if you would be so kind as to drag it waaaaay out this time so that it encompasses the arrival of your little boy, I'd appreciate it!:goodvibes You don't mind, do you?;)
LOL Time to join FB to get all the updates!!!!! :lmao::lmao:

I'm actually thinking of setting up a blog or something... I can't do it here. Well maybe I can.. I can pretend that I have a trip coming up and just start a PTR. :lmao::lmao:

That princess parade looks like a lot of fun! Glad Juliana was able to participate.

I've really enjoyed reading your TR. Can't wait to follow your new TR! :goodvibes
Thank you for reading!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

so Tim, if you start you next TR while we are gone, make sure you leave a clue so I can find it!

I will be contacting you when we get back...need to pick your brain for something I want to plan for a friend for their upcoming trip!
I'll post the link on this TR once I start it. ;)

No problem... I'll help any way that I can! :goodvibes

thanks for our send off and Happy Birthday greetings for Megan!
hope we can figure out a meet up this summer!
take care, tell Ana hi from Megan!

WOW!!! What an amazing trip! I absolutely love how unique and special each wish trip ends up being. No amount of planning can take over the karma, kismet, or good vibes that somehow find you on that trip! I too was in tears reading the airport story, not because it's sad (which of course it is) but because what are the odds of having that little moment to appreciate your life, your daughter and the trip you were just ending at that moment?!? Unbelievable. Thank you so much for taking the time to share ALL of it. I loved it!!!:banana:

WOW. That was quite the wrap up! I believe that we are connected with others for a reason. How amazing that you all connected through the TSA like that and what a blessing to give hope. I will keep Erin in my prayers.

I just got through reading you TR. What an amazing trip! Thank you so much for sharing all the lovely pictures of your family. What a beautiful, amazing little girl you have. Our son has Wilms as well and I think my DH and I were both in tears reading about the TSA agent. Wow, I really believe you were destined to meet at that moment. What are the chances? I would love to read his daughter's Caringbridge and pray for her if you feel comfortable PMing it to me. If not I totally understand and will be praying regardless.

I'm so happy your daughter is almost officially considered cured!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter