$302 for ONE ticket to see U2

U2 is headlining Bonnaroo this year. Tickets are around $350 I think, for 4 days of music. So you could pay just a little bit more and see U2 + 100 other bands :) Or, buy a single day ticket for whichever day they're playing. Single day tickets usually go on sale in April, and I'm not sure on the cost but it's less than $200 for sure.

Ugh, they're coming to DC and I wanted to get tickets for the four of us if I could before they sold out and if I didn't have to sell my firstborn. Seems that won't be happening.

Not all tickets are this expensive, there are levels of prices based on seats. I am still going to attempt to buy tickets on Tuesday. :)

Honestly, that's about the going rate for a "good" seat at most concerts from artists/bands that have been around for a while and have a following. I'm not a U2 fan myself, but that price doesn't shock me at all. I go to a lot of concerts/Broadway shows though so I know how prices keep going up and up. Album sales are down so touring is how the artists make their money now. I think the most i've ever spent on tickets is $400.00 each - and I will do it if I can because concerts/shows are just very important to me - so if this is something you want to do and can justify it - go for it! Or, buy cheaper seats to at least still be there.

I have certain performers that I will pay a lot of money to see every time they tour - depends on who it is.

As a few PP's have said there were are tickets at multiple price points. The approx. $280 ticket is the highest price regular seat, but that I mean it is not a VIP tickets that gets extra benefits. It seems that everyone one hitting "BEST AVAILABLE" and were getting pissed when $280 tickets were appearing. Yes the $280 seat will get you closer to the stage then a $105 dollar ticket but the cheapest ticket is a general admission at about $40 and can get you closer then the expensive seats.

There are certain things I will spend money on - a trip to WDW every other year, a cruise on the between years, quality clothes and shoes and .... concert tickets - especially Springsteen within 500 miles of my home :love:.

I do have a hard time with those kind of prices for a stadium tour. I want to see U2 again, but not in a large football stadium for $300 each. Hubby and I get pretty selective with our concert dollars and seat selection. Lately we are happy staying more local with more intimate music halls (Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry comes to mind, along with other small town halls that more of the singer/songwriter acts seem to be favoring lately they tend to understand their loyal fan base and keeping $$ down (Steve Earle, Richard Thompson, Bob Dylan come to mind). I did pull the trigger to see Billy Joel at Fenway Park again just yesterday.

ha.....we got the $35 tickets for Chicago. But what is getting me....HOTELS! I can't find anything even available in downtown for less than $500 a night!! and just about everything is sold out!! We got seats in Cleveland for $155.

saw them as a teen. one of the best concerts of my life. if $300 doesn't hurt, go for it!

ha.....we got the $35 tickets for Chicago. But what is getting me....HOTELS! I can't find anything even available in downtown for less than $500 a night!! and just about everything is sold out!! We got seats in Cleveland for $155.

Currently there is only one hotel in the Gillette Stadium (Foxboro, MA) complex and rooms start at $750 for the night of the concert. Not sure what the other hotels are that you have to drive through are though.

Currently there is only one hotel in the Gillette Stadium (Foxboro, MA) complex and rooms start at $750 for the night of the concert. Not sure what the other hotels are that you have to drive through are though.
I guess I won't complain!

There are certain things I will spend money on - a trip to WDW every other year, a cruise on the between years, quality clothes and shoes and .... concert tickets - especially Springsteen within 500 miles of my home :love:.

I do have a hard time with those kind of prices for a stadium tour. I want to see U2 again, but not in a large football stadium for $300 each. Hubby and I get pretty selective with our concert dollars and seat selection. Lately we are happy staying more local with more intimate music halls (Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry comes to mind, along with other small town halls that more of the singer/songwriter acts seem to be favoring lately they tend to understand their loyal fan base and keeping $$ down (Steve Earle, Richard Thompson, Bob Dylan come to mind). I did pull the trigger to see Billy Joel at Fenway Park again just yesterday.

I am seeing Steve Earle next week and got the meet and greet package too - I am very excited!
Well I am going straight to hell. Eric Clapton who is on my bucket list is doing four US shows. So I bought tickets to see him in Los Angeles. Sigh. I am an addict.
But its better than drugs or alcohol or food i guess!

Just to chime back in, I just got 4 Billy Joel, with fees, in the most expensive price bracket for $676.08. Which is still a boatload of money that I should not have spent, but my children have never seen him, and they really need too.

Just to chime back in, I just got 4 Billy Joel, with fees, in the most expensive price bracket for $676.08. Which is still a boatload of money that I should not have spent, but my children have never seen him, and they really need too.
Love Billy! They will love it. I saw him in 1989 and again with Elton in 1994. (Yes, I'm old)

I have seen him the past two years at Wrigley - he is a great performer!

I remember paying $31 for Metallica/Guns n Roses in 1992!

My last concert was Metallica in 2008. I think that was about $40. I went to a lot of Pearl Jam and Metallica concerts in the 1990's and never paid more than $40.

$300....well I'd just stay home, put on the Joshua Tree and sing myself!

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the wall that holds me inside
I want to reach out and touch the flame
Where the streets have no name

There, I just saved 300 smackers!

As a few PP's have said there were are tickets at multiple price points. The approx. $280 ticket is the highest price regular seat, but that I mean it is not a VIP tickets that gets extra benefits. It seems that everyone one hitting "BEST AVAILABLE" and were getting pissed when $280 tickets were appearing. Yes the $280 seat will get you closer to the stage then a $105 dollar ticket but the cheapest ticket is a general admission at about $40 and can get you closer then the expensive seats.
I was checking prices yesterday and the ones for NJ aren't bad. $35, $70, $155 or $280.

Not all tickets are this expensive, there are levels of prices based on seats. I am still going to attempt to buy tickets on Tuesday. :)

$35 will get you in the building...from there, prices will vary based on the experience you want :flower3:

Personally, I couldn't stand the idea of only going to one show on this tour, so we're doing Boston and NJ - (and will probably decide between Boston and NJ when they announce the extra dates :teeth: )

I didn't get tickets. By 10:02 all the $100-$155 were gone and I won't pay $75 to stand in the field. Sorry but I want a seat. And I won't go up to $280. I was trying to buy for my family (4) and my best friend. Oh well, I tried.

I just bought my tickets. I got the $70 GA.
I am a little nervous. I feel like I am too old to fight the masses for a good spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter