**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

I'd rather pay for my samples than have to deal with the dining plan. I don't do the dining plan at all.

BTW-reading what some of you are planning on spending makes me very happy we will have lots of SC to use. :cloud9:

Using the SC for F&W is the one thing that pushed me over for the dining plan. Very excited to do that! Have you done it before? Can I use snack credits for the adult beverages also? Or just the food?

Snack credits can't be used for alcoholic beverages - they have been allowing them for use to get any WS kiosk food items and non-alcoholic beverages. Yes, I've used the dining plan before. I'm not eligible for free dining (DVC) but I wouldn't do it anyway. I gave up on the plan after they changed it in 2008 to remove the appetizer and tip. I have never done the deluxe plan. That's too freaking much food to commit to before actually deciding how much I really am going to want.

I did the quick service plan for one night once. Did it save money? Yeah, if I had been going to eat all that anyway. I wouldn't have gotten the desserts otherwise, or the snacks, or the large Cokes at the CS. Spent the credits at Tangierine Cafe and Wolfgang Puck Express. It was so much food I canceled the TS I wanted to have on those days. Which was disappointing because I wanted those TS particularly. And it ended up I couldn't order appetizers at La Cava - because they weren't on the dining plan and I already had a ton of food at Tangierine. Had I not been on the plan I would not have ordered this huge platter full of stuff at Tangierine and would have had room for some crab tostadas.

There's also some really good places to go at the Swan/Dolphin that don't take the dining plan.

Using the SC for F&W is the one thing that pushed me over for the dining plan. Very excited to do that! Have you done it before? Can I use snack credits for the adult beverages also? Or just the food?

We have used the DDP before. 7 times we used regular DDP (only paid for it the first time) and we have used the QSDP once before and we love using it! Of course, if I had to pay for it again, I wouldn't do it but since it's free (I know, before you correct me, it's not really "Free" since you pay rack rate and need to purchase 2 day base tix) I will. Since we go during the time when the offer it for free it's a no brainer for us. We usually stay in a value resort and with 3 of us in the room (all considered adults) we basically pay for the room what we would pay for the QSDP plan. So unless they discount the rooms 100% it's still a bargain for us. But to each his own.;)

Last year we didin't do one TS meal and it was a nice break. I did miss some of our favs but not having to make ADRs so far out and worry about keeping them many for a more relaxing vacation for us. But that's just us. Everyone has their own experiences.

As TDC said you can only use your SC for food, not beverages-adult types. There's a pretty big range of prices on the tastes so this year I think we'll be a little better about using them. Not going to use one on a $2.50 Belgian Waffle for example. ;) (DD12 didn't care for it anyway).

What I particularly like about using a DDP is that I don't have to look at the cost of things before I tell DD12 if she can have it or not. You want dessert, great! You want another snack, great! It truly makes it a magical experience for us.:wizard: And we always have credits to use on our last day for meals on our flight home as well as snacks to bring home. DD wants to bring home more fudge this year. Now that I know you can freeze it, it sounds like a plan to me!;)

We are really looking forward to the F&WF this year. Last year we were there for the opening weekend and it was pretty busy. In fact, I don't think we tried anything on the second day, the lines were too long (I wish they had a wine or food only line-sometimes it can take awhile pouring the wine). This year we will be there sometime between 10/8 and 10/18 so that gives us plenty of time to try everything we want, without the crowds.

What we like to do is try something between the 3 of us and if we really like it we go back and get more. My DD12 loved the Beef Kefta last year and can't wait to have it again this year. :cloud9:

Snack credits can't be used for alcoholic beverages - they have been allowing them for use to get any WS kiosk food items and non-alcoholic beverages. Yes, I've used the dining plan before. I'm not eligible for free dining (DVC) but I wouldn't do it anyway. I gave up on the plan after they changed it in 2008 to remove the appetizer and tip. I have never done the deluxe plan. That's too freaking much food to commit to before actually deciding how much I really am going to want.

I did the quick service plan for one night once. Did it save money? Yeah, if I had been going to eat all that anyway. I wouldn't have gotten the desserts otherwise, or the snacks, or the large Cokes at the CS. Spent the credits at Tangierine Cafe and Wolfgang Puck Express. It was so much food I canceled the TS I wanted to have on those days. Which was disappointing because I wanted those TS particularly. And it ended up I couldn't order appetizers at La Cava - because they weren't on the dining plan and I already had a ton of food at Tangierine. Had I not been on the plan I would not have ordered this huge platter full of stuff at Tangierine and would have had room for some crab tostadas.

There's also some really good places to go at the Swan/Dolphin that don't take the dining plan.

This has got to be one of the most sensible posts I have seen on the DP and the most similar to my feelings (although I have never tried the DP in any form.) I can't imagine trying to eat that much food. I considered it a couple times when they let DVC members segment their vacations and still couldn't make the numbers work, for me.

All this talk about budgeting has however, made me realize that I need to pick up some more Disney Gift Cards at Ralph's before we go. I'm pretty sure we're going to be spending more than $100 per day for the two of us. We averaged $12-20 per kiosk last time. Since we're planning on making all our meals while at BCV from the kiosks, that's at least half a dozen kiosks a day if not more. :scratchin I definitely need to stock up on more gift cards!

So they just announced a new booth for the F&W!

The Booth is AvatarLand.

It will feature all the foods and drinks of Pandora!

:confused3 Yeah that's just as bad! :confused3

When you stay on site, you can ususally park in any resort lot. Does anyone know which resort parking lot is closest to International Gateway AND allows parking for guests of other resorts?

I am not so sure about the above post - I know they don't like guests who aren't staying at the resorts parking there just to access the park. So I'm not entirely sure what to do about that question. I know a couple of times during F&W last year the Epcot resorts were turning away guests who wanted to park there, weren't staying there, didn't have an ADR and weren't using the valet service.

When you stay on site, you can ususally park in any resort lot. Does anyone know which resort parking lot is closest to International Gateway AND allows parking for guests of other resorts?
Since you're allowed to park at the parks for free also, it might be a better bet to park at DHS, don't enter but either walk or take the boat to IG, if you really don't want to walk through Future World.

Unless you have an ADR or are staying at one of the Epcot resorts, you will be turned away from parking there, especially during F&W. They turn people away the rest of the year, but strictly enforce it at that time. None of the Epcot resorts have a "ton" of parking, if people not staying there parked there it wouldn't leave enough parking for the guests staying there. The same holds true for the Contemporary during special Magic Kingdom events. Unless you are eating or staying there, you will be turned away.

None of them.

This is not really a perk of onsite. You can park in any resort lot to go visit the resort, not the parks.

BC really does get strict this time of year and gives out the two hour passes etc... Which I appreciate as I stay there :)

You MIGHT get away with it at the lot across the street at Boardwalk, but the walk from there is just about as far as the walk from the front lots. Of course one of my friends who tried this a couple of nights in a row found a 'note' on her car that said "next time it's going to be towed!" It was polite and everything but she got the point (It said something like "we noticed you did not have a parking pass and had been here several evenings, please go to the resort check in area and obtain your parking permit. This will help us ensure only registered guests use this lot. Cars without parking passes may be moved at thier owner's expense" That's not exact, but the general "feel" of the statement)

The BW lot has a guard during F&W on Fri-Sun at least (I wish they had it everyday). Without the free valet anymore I find parking during F&W to be very stressful...always wonder when we take the car out will there be any spaces left - several times when we returned there were only 1-2 left in the lot - shouldn't have to deal with this if you are a BW guest.

The BW lot has a guard during F&W on Fri-Sun at least (I wish they had it everyday). Without the free valet anymore I find parking during F&W to be very stressful...always wonder when we take the car out will there be any spaces left - several times when we returned there were only 1-2 left in the lot - shouldn't have to deal with this if you are a BW guest.

My rule of thumb... if the lot is full then I go to the valet. I tip him/her. I then go to the front desk and explain that since they aren't providing enough parking and/or policing said parking I will NOT be paying for valet. So far it's worked every time :) At both Disney and non Disney hotels.

My rule of thumb... if the lot is full then I go to the valet. I tip him/her. I then go to the front desk and explain that since they aren't providing enough parking and/or policing said parking I will NOT be paying for valet. So far it's worked every time :) At both Disney and non Disney hotels.

Thanks for the tip - we have 11 nights at BWV in Oct. Hope it doesn't come down to this.

All this talk about budgeting has however, made me realize that I need to pick up some more Disney Gift Cards at Ralph's before we go. I'm pretty sure we're going to be spending more than $100 per day for the two of us. We averaged $12-20 per kiosk last time. Since we're planning on making all our meals while at BCV from the kiosks, that's at least half a dozen kiosks a day if not more. :scratchin I definitely need to stock up on more gift cards!

I "budgeted" by counting the number of food & drink items on the list. Every item except the water and a few of the boring beers. Then I multiplied by an average price -- and that's our total budget for the four of us. ;) Our goal is to try (sharing, of course) every item. We have two full days and two half days, so we'll give it a try! :woohoo:

Yeah the budgeting is something I am having trouble with. I have never been to the F&W before so I have no idea what I will spend. Guess I just bring alot and hope for the best:thumbsup2

Yeah the budgeting is something I am having trouble with. I have never been to the F&W before so I have no idea what I will spend. Guess I just bring alot and hope for the best:thumbsup2

I'm not sure if this was covered already, but here is a link to last year's menus and pricing for each of the kiosks. Some of the food/drink has changed but it gives you a better idea on pricing. Keep in mind portions and pours are small.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths/

Hope this helps!!

Can't wait to eat and drink around the world next weekend :goodvibes

Assuming the WDW website is up to date (huge assumption on my part), the only Signature dinners that are full are Wave, V&A, Citricos, Brown Derby and Flying Fish (Kouzzina isn't even listed or at least I couldn't find it).
WVL is sold out except for the last PftS but none of the reserved sections for the 3D Dessert are.
The new Healthy dinner is sold out, but other than the chocolate, Italian food+wine and Grand Marnier events, there might be a lot more availability than I would have expected 1 week before kickoff.

Is this pretty consistent with previous years and/or is there usually a lot of walkups?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter