**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

TDC Nala

1937, what a year that was
Welcome to the 2011 Epcot Food & Wine Festival sticky thread.

PLEASE remember this thread is for discussion and information about the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Please refrain from posting off-topic subjects like which regular restaurant reservations you are making, personal chatter, or plans for meets. Past festivals are on-topic as they relate to the possible offerings and procedures at the 2010 festival. Off-topic posts will be deleted as many readers will be checking this thread for information.

The official dates for the 2011 Festival are Friday, September 30 – Sunday, November 13.

BY POPULAR DEMAND the methods of payment that can be used at the World Showcase sampling kiosks are:

* Cash
* Credit card
* Disney resort room key card with charging privileges
* Disney gift card (the special wristbanded cards available at Epcot are Disney gift cards)
* Disney Visa reward dollars
* Disney Dining Plan snack credits (not redeemable for alcoholic beverages)

BOOKING FOR SPECIAL EVENTS BEGAN ON AUGUST 16. Call 407-WDW-FEST to book all events. The following may be booked online

Link to book seminars & demonstrations online:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...al-food-and-wine-festival/dining-experiences/

Link to book PFTS online:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...tional-food-and-wine-festival/premium-events/

Link to book 3D Dessert Discovery online:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...-food-and-wine-festival/premium-events/sweet/

If you want the "VIP" seating for these events (Wine View Lounge for PFTS or Sweet Seats for 3D Dessert Discovery), you must book by phone.
SPECIAL EVENT BOOKLET PAGE 24 POST 350. LARGER COPIES PAGE 25 POST 373

DISNEY FOOD BLOG'S LINK TO THE FESTIVAL MAP WITH KIOSK MENUS: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2011-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Map.jpg

The following was not quoted from anywhere, it was put into a quote box to highlight it.
IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT apparently due to schedule changes, celebrity chef Cat Cora has withdrawn from her events at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

This is the information we currently have about her paid events:

Per reports, refunds have been offered for the Signature Lunch on October 30. Calls are now being made about the signature dinners. They are being cancelled, but some guests are being offered the opportunity to book the weekend Chefs Table at the CoraNation Room for its regular price.

If you booked the Kitchen Memories, the substiuting chef is Charles Mattocks, aka the "Poor Chef."

If you booked Chef Cora's culinary demonstration on October 29, Kouzzina's head chef, Dee Foundoukis, will be substituting.

Per information announced by Disney about 2011:

This year’s theme is “Passport to a World of Flavors,” and the new World Showcase marketplace booths we can expect include Scandinavia, the Caribbean Islands, and Hawaii!

Scandinavia has been offered in previous years, the new kiosks will be Caribbean and Hawaii. Most likely Disney will use the Hawaii booth as a tie-in to the opening of the Aulani resort.

This schedule of events was posted on the Disney official blog. The participants of events and some locations, and prices have not been released yet. There will also be some new events that were not listed in this particular entry.

* First Bites Opening Reception (Sept. 29, 6:30-9 p.m.)
* “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery (Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11)
* Taste, Shake and Indulge Like the French Grand Marnier Tasting and Interactive Experience (Oct. 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5)
* Epcot Wine Schools (Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov. 5)
* Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining (Oct. 6, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 27, 30, Nov. 1, 2, 3, 7, 10)
* Kitchen Memories, formerly Celebrating Family & Friends in the Kitchen (Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11)
* Cheese Seminars (Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12)
* Party for the Senses (Oct. 8, 15, 22, Nov. 5 and 12 at new times: 7:30-10 p.m.)
* Food & Wine Pairings (Mondays, Tuesdays)
* Sweet Sundays (Oct. 2, 9, 16, 223, 30, Nov. 6, 13)

WDWINFO LINK to 2011 info, Dates and schedules of special events listed. PLEASE NOTE that the World Showcase kiosk menu list is not final, as most menus are showing 2010 items and a few kiosks are listed that will not be offered in 2011.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/index.htm

This link is to WDW’s official website for the Festival:
http://www.foodwinefest.com/

Link to the Disney Food Blog (unofficial) site for the Food & Wine Festival including links to 2010 coverage:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Here is the current Eat to the Beat concert schedule for 2011 as published by the Disney blog:
Taylor Dayne: 9/3-10/2/11
38 Special: 10/3-5/11
Jon Secada: 10/6-7/11
Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp: 10/8-9/11
Billy Ocean: 10/10-12/11
Starship starring Mickey Thomas: 10/13-16/11
Sugar Ray: 10/17-19/11
The Orchestra starring former members of ELO: 10/20-21/11
Howard Jones: 10/22-23/11
Boyz II Men: 10/24-26/11
Gin Blossoms: 10/27-28/11
Sister Hazel: 10/29-30/11
Hanson: 10/31-11/1/11
The Pointer Sisters: 11/2-3/11
Night Ranger: 11/4-6/11
Air Supply: 11/7-8/11
Richard Marx: 11/9-10/11
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy: 11/11-13/11

Yay! Haven't been on the restaurant boards in forever but I am glad I decided to check it out today!

Can't wait to see TigerKat at the F&W!

Love when this sticky shows up on the boards!

Yay! So glad to see this sticky thread up! Time for the countdown...

I am so looking forward to it this year. We went last year and were there for the F&W for the first time, but didn't make much progress through the booths. The trouble with Epcot is there are so many great places to eat that it is very easy to forget just how full you can get from those little samples. This time we will definitely be attempting to try more of what the F&W has to offer. :)

We are going for our first time this Sept. Does anyone have any specific recommendations? Is it crazy crowded? which Food booths are a hit and which a miss?
Looking forward to all of the responses! Thanks in advance.

I'm super excited that the Food & Wine sticky has been posted!!!:thumbsup2

I looking forward to reading the posts here!!

We are going for our first time this Sept. Does anyone have any specific recommendations? Is it crazy crowded? which Food booths are a hit and which a miss?
Looking forward to all of the responses! Thanks in advance.

I print the listing of booths and their offerings and highlight those we want to try (our rule is that we must try one thing from each booth). It's not overly crowded, but friday and saturday nights do tend to be more crowded because the locals like to come.

We go into the parks for 7 of our 10 days....we love Epcot and usually end up there every day. We make our way around the world and eat a little bit each day...this way you don't overstuff yourself.

We love this time at Disney and it's one reason that keeps us going back.

I can't answer about the hit or miss booths until more info comes out...but, trudt me, I'll let you know what I think. ;)

I'm looking foward to this year's F&W. We are there the first day, Sept 30! :goodvibes
That's our only day at EPCOT since it's our last day but going to enjoy it.

Avoid Friday nights and Saturdays and you can avoid most of the "crazy crowded."

We are heading down over Columbus Day Weekend :-)scared1:) and plan to spend Saturday and Sunday at Epcot. We know it will be crowded, but we're prepared to tough it out! I'm looking forward to reading posts on this thread.

From what I have read most of the booths allow you to use snack credits. Someone who has been in the past may be able to verify that.

From what I have read most of the booths allow you to use snack credits. Someone who has been in the past may be able to verify that.

For the past 3 years snack credits have been good for any single food or non-alcoholic beverage item from all the kiosks, regardless of the cost of the item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter