**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

We're heading from the airport to our resort in a limo (suprise for the wife)...and I'd like to have them drop our bags off at the resort, then take us straight to Epcot so we can hit the F&WF that evening. Where is the best place to get dropped off? Maybe in the back Boardwalk area so we can enter straight into World Showcase? Any recommendations on where we should tell the driver to go to get us as close as possible to that entrance?

We're heading from the airport to our resort in a limo (suprise for the wife)...and I'd like to have them drop our bags off at the resort, then take us straight to Epcot so we can hit the F&WF that evening. Where is the best place to get dropped off? Maybe in the back Boardwalk area so we can enter straight into World Showcase? Any recommendations on where we should tell the driver to go to get us as close as possible to that entrance?

Front gate (by the bus stands) if you want to go to the Festival Welcome Center first. If you want to head straight to the food booths the closest resort (and drop-off area) to the International Gateway would be the Beach Club.

Perfect, thanks! We'll hit the welcome center on the 2nd day when we get there at park opening. First night - we're going straight to the booths. We'll go for Beach Club and enter from there, thanks again!!!

I was hoping someone would have some information on the Samuel Adams Beverage Seminar. I just noticed it and was hoping someone could tell me alittle about it. Do they have different beers with them or their typical Boston Lager drinks with them? Sam Adams is my DB's favorite and I would love to suprise him with something different.

Never mind, Guess I should have checked first they are sold out for that seminar.

Anyone know of any apps (iPhone, etc) for F&WF...one that gives you the kiosk menus?

It would be cool if there is such a thing!

It's not really an "app" but The Disney Food Blog has an Ebook you can download to your I phone etc..

I haven't tried it, but it might be easier then the Allears.net page. I have two issues with that, one it's TINY on my iphone (I have looked things up on there, it's tiny :) ) and two AT&T coverage in the parks is pretty pathetic!

Reports from the parks say the Japan booth is now open (as a substitute for the Yakitori House, which is closed for renovations).

Some logistical questions about PTFS --

We're going to PTFS on Sat, Oct 22. What time should we arrive to check-in and get in line? Also, do we all have to be there to check-in? I purchased the tickets but I put down all of our names for the events.

We have the Gale Gand demo at 5:00-5:45. Then one of us has to take DS8 back to the resort (either YC or Swan) to hand-off to the babysitter. The logistics are tighter than I would like, but there's not much I can do about it now. Just want to know what to expect. Thanks.

We are also going to PFTS on Oct 22 :thumbsup2

When I called, I was told to check in by 6.

Some logistical questions about PTFS --

We're going to PTFS on Sat, Oct 22. What time should we arrive to check-in and get in line? Also, do we all have to be there to check-in? I purchased the tickets but I put down all of our names for the events.

We have the Gale Gand demo at 5:00-5:45. Then one of us has to take DS8 back to the resort (either YC or Swan) to hand-off to the babysitter. The logistics are tighter than I would like, but there's not much I can do about it now. Just want to know what to expect. Thanks.

I have arrived late at PFTS.

I have left and come back.

You will be fine if you aren't there at 6. If I was going again I would probably just be late. Not much to do besides stand and wait. I guess if you have the Wine View lounge it's worth arriving early but for general party...it's not a make or break

So we need to check in at 6:00 for a 7:30 party? Do we line up that early? :confused3

Obviously I won't be back from the resort until at least 6:30. I assume we each have to check in individually, yes? Will my DH & DSis be able to check in without me? And I can check in when I get there?

We're not planning to try to snag a table or anything.

That time is only if you want the preferred seating for the concert. You can check in right in front of the gates to PFTS and 30 minutes before the doors open would be plenty of time.

Waldorf just posted their Food and Wine events on their Facebook page. I cannot figure out how to link with my iPad, but there looks like some fun stuff.

Anyone know of any apps (iPhone, etc) for F&WF...one that gives you the kiosk menus?

It would be cool if there is such a thing!

Several poster have said they don't know of any but I have takne the official brochure and made a listing of the items available at each Kiosk. Both with, and without, the adult beverages. There's even a symbol to check off those you want to try! I have 2 formats, one regular font and one slightly larger for over 40 eyes. I don't have an I-phone, but I can email them to any one who wants them. I did them on Word, in 3 columns (can be folded into thirds). They are either one sheet, or two sided, depending on info and font. I also did one mroe for me with descriptions of the foods I didn't recognize.

Send me a PM with your request and email. If you don't tell me which one you prefer, I will email you the listing with food and beverages, regular font.

Several poster have said they don't know of any but I have takne the official brochure and made a listing of the items available at each Kiosk. Both with, and without, the adult beverages. There's even a symbol to check off those you want to try! I have 2 formats, one regular font and one slightly larger for over 40 eyes. I don't have an I-phone, but I can email them to any one who wants them. I did them on Word, in 3 columns (can be folded into thirds). They are either one sheet, or two sided, depending on info and font. I also did one mroe for me with descriptions of the foods I didn't recognize.

Send me a PM with your request and email. If you don't tell me which one you prefer, I will email you the listing with food and beverages, regular font.

That is fantastic. PM on its way!!

I have arrived late at PFTS.

I have left and come back.

You will be fine if you aren't there at 6. If I was going again I would probably just be late. Not much to do besides stand and wait. I guess if you have the Wine View lounge it's worth arriving early but for general party...it's not a make or break

So we need to check in at 6:00 for a 7:30 party? Do we line up that early? :confused3

Obviously I won't be back from the resort until at least 6:30. I assume we each have to check in individually, yes? Will my DH & DSis be able to check in without me? And I can check in when I get there?

We're not planning to try to snag a table or anything.

I don't know about arriving separately, but I would say don't sweat arriving a bit late. If/when we do PFTS again we will probably arrive 15 minutes late on purpose. Before the party starts you just stand around in a big holding area. Nothing going on, very boring. And when they first open the doors it is crazy... everyone rushing here/there, bumping/jostling & general confusion.

Fact is we got full before the end of the party so spent the last 20 minutes or so just hanging out having a glass of wine waiting for Illuminations. So I doubt missing a bit would keep you from trying everything you can/want to.

Unless you want to stake out a seat or a table at PFTS...wander in after the doors open. It works out fine. There may be lines for the food. One way to counter this is to eat dessert first...there won't be any lines for the dessert. Or try out the stations in the BACK of the room. Then by the time you are ready to eat regular food the lines for those will be down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter