• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Dining Plan-Plan Details Updated in post #132

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mk I know this sounds shallow, but I, for one, will be devestated if they did indeed eliminate appetizers from DxDP. This will be our first Disney trip (and likely our ONLY one for a loooong time), and I was planning to eat myself into a coma that week! My fingers are crossed, in hope that it was just a misunderstanding and that apps are still in the plan. Cross em with me, people!

Mine will be crossed right there with you. I'm having a hard enough time resisting a super rate at the Swan as it is, and the DxDDP is my justification for paying Disney resort prices! The DxDDP was what changed our plans from the Swolphin to Wilderness Lodge on our 1/08 trip, and the appetizers were part of the draw. I can't see paying for the DxDDP plus Disney room rates plus OOP appetizers; paying our meals OOP would make more sense, even though I know I'd be more budget-conscious than I'd care to be if doing things that way.

Can anyone answer this...

When is the "peak" season? Is it just the Christmas/Spring Break time or does it include the summer?

Thanks!

Pete (WebmasterPete) talks (weeeelllll, rants) about the price increases on this weeks DisUnplugged podcast.

Direct link to show download...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable148-080509.mp3

Or go to the podcast mainpage and click on the Discussion button...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/
This will not be available on this page after next weeks show goes up
After next Wednesday (Aug. 12/09), this link will take you to it...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives.htm
If you do not wish to wait for a download, you can also hit the "Listen now" button.

The review starts at time stamp 32:45, although there are lots of other interesting topics this week.
It gets pretty heated, so little ears beware.

If you have not found the podcast yet, I highly recommend it! :thumbsup2
Kevin does great restaurant reviews.

Mk I know this sounds shallow, but I, for one, will be devestated if they did indeed eliminate appetizers from DxDP. This will be our first Disney trip (and likely our ONLY one for a loooong time), and I was planning to eat myself into a coma that week! My fingers are crossed, in hope that it was just a misunderstanding and that apps are still in the plan. Cross em with me, people!

doesn't sound shallow to me because the app is my sole reason for going with the DxDDP i'm a huge app orderer and my meal isn't complete without one so if Disney is seriously cutting the apps out of the Dxddp i'm going to downgrade to the regular ddp because i wont want to do as many ts's

doesn't sound shallow to me because the app is my sole reason for going with the DxDDP i'm a huge app orderer and my meal isn't complete without one so if Disney is seriously cutting the apps out of the Dxddp i'm going to downgrade to the regular ddp because i wont want to do as many ts's
I feel the same way. I may still upgrade to deluxe during free dining, but I don't think I'd pay $70 a night for it if I had to pay full price if appetizers weren't included.

The peak vs. regular costs are ridiculous. I just listened to the podcast, and agree that TIW may be a better deal at this point, at least for a family.

This happens every year. The first release of the DDP brochures that comes out along with the rates only includes the restaurants Disney owns. The restaurants at CSR, some of the World Showcase, and Downtown Disney are owned by outside companies, and it takes time for them to renew their contracts from year to year. Expect an updated list in December, and remember that no restaurant has left the plan since the very first year it was offered.

They'll be mentioned in the brochure that comes out in December. Happens every year with non-Disney owned properties. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok, PHEW! :goodvibes :worship:

Because I booked my trip a few days ago with the QSDP, keeping the 2009 brochure in mind, and just now got a look at the current 2010 one and don't like what I see! :sad2:

Especially from the World Showcase (Lotus Blossom Cafe in China and Japan's Yakitori House aren't listed). So you guys are saying that in December, the list SHOULD be updated showing most if not all of the restaurants that are missing (like the Wolfgang Pucks in DDD)?

I feel the same way. I may still upgrade to deluxe during free dining, but I don't think I'd pay $70 a night for it if I had to pay full price if appetizers weren't included.

The peak vs. regular costs are ridiculous. I just listened to the podcast, and agree that TIW may be a better deal at this point, at least for a family.

I was thinking the same thing. Of course I will run the numbers up and down and forwards and backwards, but if there's no appetizer on the deluxe plan (and again, I really doubt it but you never really know with Disney :confused3 ), an AP and the TiW card might be the better deal. Not to sound like a lush, but the TiW discount on wine/beer makes it tempting... ;) I'd miss the "all inclusive" feel of the plan, but if I'm paying for appetizers OOP, then it isn't all inclusive anyway.

Pete (WebmasterPete) talks (weeeelllll, rants) about the price increases on this weeks DisUnplugged podcast.

Direct link to show download...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable148-080509.mp3

Or go to the podcast mainpage and click on the Discussion button...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/
This will not be available on this page after next weeks show goes up
After next Wednesday (Aug. 12/09), this link will take you to it...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives.htm
If you do not wish to wait for a download, you can also hit the "Listen now" button.

The review starts at time stamp 32:45, although there are lots of other interesting topics this week.
It gets pretty heated, so little ears beware.

If you have not found the podcast yet, I highly recommend it! :thumbsup2
Kevin does great restaurant reviews.

Thanks - we are listening to it now, and Pete just about loses his mind - LOL! It's hilarious how he keeps ranting on the "Cleaning Lady" who is now president of Disney. What a hoot!

DH and are contemplating TIW once again, as these prices are ridiculous. We decided against TIW this trip because of the price increase, a few missing restaurants, blackout dates and mandatory tip. We are going during July 4th next year as it's my son's birthday, so not sure...

I just did our numbers, and we saved a considerable amount with the DP this year (I even took out a couple of hundred dollars for desserts/beverages that we wouldn't have ordered) - I will start a thread tomorrow as I'm off to bed, so we would probably save money next year as well, but I'm not paying higher prices because I travel in Disney's artificial made-up seasons.

There is a major problem that I have paying more for the same food and service just because I'm going in the summer. Ridiculous!

Tiger

Ok, PHEW! :goodvibes :worship:

Because I booked my trip a few days ago with the QSDP, keeping the 2009 brochure in mind, and just now got a look at the current 2010 one and don't like what I see! :sad2:

Especially from the World Showcase (Lotus Blossom Cafe in China and Japan's Yakitori House aren't listed). So you guys are saying that in December, the list SHOULD be updated showing most if not all of the restaurants that are missing (like the Wolfgang Pucks in DDD)?

When the list first comes out, all Disney operated locations are listed. COntracts must be signed with all non-disney operated facilities, like in world showcase. Until those contracts are signed, they cannot be listed.

Can we guarantee they will all be there again? No. But do we go through this every year and they end up being on the final list? YES! It is part of the usuall cycle and I would not be concerned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter