• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Dining Plan-Plan Details Updated in post #132

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also tried starting 4/17-4/24..came out to 41.99 per day.
I'm a little disappointed that Planet Hollywood, Raglan Road, Wolfgang Puck and some other's have been taken off the list. Those were some of the one's I had picked out for our trip. I still think that at 41.99 per day/per person will save us money in the end.

Happens EVERY year.

When the initial round of dining plan info comes out, all the non-Disney owned and operated restaurants are left off.

Then, every year, around November or December, they all get added back. I'm assuming it has something to do with contract negotiations.

So don't worry quite yet. :)

1. The only plan with a difference in price per season, is the regular plan. Obviously, this is the most popular - still no mug.

Not necessarily. Both the QSDP and DxDP blurbs talk about "less than" a certain amount -- that could imply potential seasonal-based price differences that they either have not finalized or do not care to publicize. Alternatively, considering that the basic DDP is the most popular selection, it may be the only one worth a seasonal adjustment.

2. Why no price increase with Deluxe? Is this to encourage people to upgrade, as those of us who go during the 'high' season of dining, are now going to pay $47.00, whereas for only $23.00 more, you can get 1 extra TS, 1 extra snack, mug and difference between CS and TS.

It actually looks like the DxDP price is dropping by a couple of dollars per night. My guess, looking at what's printed there, is that they're doing away with the DxDP appetizer. (They do not specify that it includes an appetizer, only that meal credits may be used for TS or CS, and later on list that a TS includes entree, beverage, and dessert.)

Edit: I stand corrected. Going to the official website, it does list an appetizer as part of the deluxe table service meal. So the price drop may be simply to encourage more people to choose deluxe over basic after all...

3. How will Disney work out guests who travel in 2 seasons? Will they do like with hotels and charge different rates?

Unknown. They may get charged the appropriate rate based on each night of the reservation, or they may be considered to be paying the same rate as their first night for the entire stay. If the resort rate varies, I'd hazard a guess that the dining rate would vary as well.

Unknown. They may get charged the appropriate rate based on each night of the reservation, or they may be considered to be paying the same rate as their first night for the entire stay. If the resort rate varies, I'd hazard a guess that the dining rate would vary as well.

Looks like your guess is correct. More info just landed in my inbox from the same TA who passed along the first bit I posted, regarding the tiered/seasonal pricing:

2010 Disney's Magic Your Way plus Dine Package

Dining Plan Rates are now based on dates of travel. If your client's stay is booked over two different seasons the price of the dining plan will be pro-rated just like the room rates.

$41.99 per adult (ages 10+) $11.99 per child (age 3-9) per night above the cost of the Magic Your Way Package for travel dates: 1/01/10 – 2/11/10 ; 4/11/10 – 6/03/10 ; 8/15/10 – 12/16/10

$46.99 per adult (ages 10+) $12.99 per child (age 3-9) per night above the cost of the Magic Your Way Package for travel dates: 2/12/10 – 4/10/10 ; 6/04/10 – 8/14/10 ; 12/17/10 – 12/31/10

Accommodations for 1-14 nights at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort.

Must book at least a one day base ticket to reserve the Basic Dining Plan.

Thanks for posting this, Colleen. I figured for sure that they would pro-rate as they have done with hotels - they would be losing money otherwise.

Still waiting on whether the QSDP and Dx are going to be subject to the same 'seasonal' pricing as DP. I can't imagine they would not, but based on info so far, nothing has been specified.

Regarding Dx - I thought it was currently $70.99/night, so less than $70.00 would make it possibly $69.99/night, so that would be an interesting amount - I definitely think it's to encourage people to upgrade.

It will be interesting to see how all the plans shake out once we get a better idea of the 'seasons'.

Great discussion, Tiger

Regarding Dx - I thought it was currently $70.99/night, so less than $70.00 would make it possibly $69.99/night, so that would be an interesting amount - I definitely think it's to encourage people to upgrade.

It will be interesting to see how all the plans shake out once we get a better idea of the 'seasons'.

It is currently 71.99, so the "less than" wording seems to imply a $2 price cut on the adult plan, but when I priced a couple of options for our trip I'm getting the same pricing as this year. Our most likely dates are in peak season so I thought that might be the reason, but I checked regular season (Apr/May) and value season (Jan) options as well and got the same result.

It is currently 71.99, so the "less than" wording seems to imply a $2 price cut on the adult plan, but when I priced a couple of options for our trip I'm getting the same pricing as this year. Our most likely dates are in peak season so I thought that might be the reason, but I checked regular season (Apr/May) and value season (Jan) options as well and got the same result.

Thanks - I was a dollar short!

Just sitting here thinking about the 1st time we used DP. I think it was either $35.99 or $36.99/night, with tips and appetizers included. Here we are a few short years later, with $10.00 more per person/night, plus no appetizers and no tips!

Yikes! Tiger

Forgive my ignorance but where is the list of restaurants that everyone is talking about? Can't seem to find one. Thanks!!

Looks like your guess is correct. More info just landed in my inbox from the same TA who passed along the first bit I posted, regarding the tiered/seasonal pricing:

2010 Disney's Magic Your Way plus Dine Package

Dining Plan Rates are now based on dates of travel. If your client's stay is booked over two different seasons the price of the dining plan will be pro-rated just like the room rates.

$41.99 per adult (ages 10+) $11.99 per child (age 3-9) per night above the cost of the Magic Your Way Package for travel dates: 1/01/10 – 2/11/10 ; 4/11/10 – 6/03/10 ; 8/15/10 – 12/16/10

$46.99 per adult (ages 10+) $12.99 per child (age 3-9) per night above the cost of the Magic Your Way Package for travel dates: 2/12/10 – 4/10/10 ; 6/04/10 – 8/14/10 ; 12/17/10 – 12/31/10

Accommodations for 1-14 nights at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort.

Must book at least a one day base ticket to reserve the Basic Dining Plan.

Interesting though, our travel dates begin during marathon time and end the weekend of MLK day. Our hotel rates go up for both of these events, but the dining prices don't. The information shown above shows that dining will stay the same in January even though the room rates may fluctuate for the special event and holiday prices. Hmmm! Guess that is one deal we are getting.

There appears to be a different "seasonal" designation for the dining plan - the prices for the plan don't go up over MLK weekend the way the resort rates do. If you book anytime between January 1 and February 12 you will get the same price for your dining plan.

I would think if people are going to pay $47 a night for the dining plan during the peak periods, they would really be making an extra effort to get thier moneys worth. I know I would. So I imagine that the very high end, one credit resturants will possibly be a harder ticket to get.

I wonder what percentage Disney would claim that you would save if you paid the $47 a night for the dining plan. It sure would'nt be 30 would it?:laughing:

Think I missed something...which plan is $47 a night? Just priced out our January trip, and it was about $42 a person for the plan.

EDITTED:Nevermind... saw the info about peak times costing more on the dining plan. I suppose that's to offset the higher buffet surcharges they've been doing during "holiday" times. In that case, the percentage you save won't change from what they advertise, because the amounts they advertise are listed as "save as much as" , but not exact amounts you'll save because it depends on what & where you eat anyway. If you pay $5 more, and the food costs $5 more that week, the percentage of savings would be a wash. I guess that just clinches our decision to continue to go during non"holiday" times

I personally think that the buffets will still have a surcharge on them come peak time. I may be wrong, but thats my guess.

I personally think that the buffets will still have a surcharge on them come peak time. I may be wrong, but thats my guess.

ITA! There are many people who don't do the DP, as they pay cash, so they should be subject to the same surcharges as the rest of us.

Tiger

I expect the buffets will still have the holiday surcharge, so the percentage will be less than the extra-good deal that the DDP has been during holiday periods this year, but not significantly changed compared to the non-holiday DDP/OOP comparison.

What's interesting, though, is that the deluxe rates have not changed, and they are not seasonal. It seems that Disney is trying to drive more guests to deluxe. It's now cheaper to upgrade than it has been if you look at the differences in cost between regular and deluxe plans, especially during the peak season for the regular DDP.

With the current economy, fewer guests are booking deluxe and many who did are moving down the line to moderates and values or even going offsite. The deluxe rates are apparently high enough for Disney at this point.

I noticed that some details are out for the 2010 dining plans. I also noticed that appetizers are going to be included on TS meals...I think this is a good thing.

Any thoughts about the new plans?

I noticed that some details are out for the 2010 dining plans. I also noticed that appetizers are going to be included on TS meals...I think this is a good thing.

Any thoughts about the new plans?

Appetizers are not included in the basic DDP for 2010 (don't be confused with the children's entitlements). The plan details are described here.

Appitizers are only included in DxDDP, not the basic DDP. :( The kids meals (3-9) get them since they are basically 'sides'. Most kids meals get an entree & can pick 2 sides, which is like an app & dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter