• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Dining Plan-Plan Details Updated in post #132

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipleyKCR

Earning My Ears
2010 Dining Plan - Updated Info Released 8/2
The Walt Disney World Resorts have released full details of packages available for guests visiting the Central Florida attraction next year. Packages have seen some changes, including price and benefit additions. Let us take a look at what a vacation to Disney in 2010 would look like.

Disney’s Magic You Way plus the Quick Service Dining Plan

Starting today you can book your 2010 vacation and add the Quick Service Dining Plan. Prices vary and remember package prices per day go down the longer you are staying at Walt Disney World.

This package includes accommodations at a Walt Disney World Resort for one to 14 nights, Magic Your Way Tickets for the duration of your stay, two quick service meals per guest, per night, two snacks per guest, per night and a refillable drink mug per person, which can be refilled at the resort you are staying at during your trip.

Cost for this package is less than $32 per adult and $10 per child per night of your stay.

Disney’s Magic Your Way plus the Dining Plan

For a cost of $42-$47 for adults and $12-$13 per child, per night (depending upon time of year) you can add the Dining Plan to your Magic Your Way Disney vacation. Your trip will include accommodations for one to 14 nights at a Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Your Way Ticket for the duration of your stay, one table service meal per guest, per night, one quick service meal per guest, per night and one snack per guest, per night.

Disney’s Magic Your Way plus the Deluxe Dining Plan

For less than $70 per adult and $20 per child, per night you can add the Deluxe Dining Plan to your 2010 Walt Disney World Magic Your Way vacation package. Included in this package are accommodations for one to 14 nights at a Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Your Way Ticket for duration of your stay, refillable drink mug for each guest, three meal entitlements (either quick service or table service) per guest per night and two snacks per guest per night.

Table service meals include an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, or a full buffet. Quick service meals include entree or entree combo, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage.

I am planning a trip for the end of January 2010. Does anyone know if the dining plan prices are changing?

Does anyone know the date that Disney will release the DDP prices and package information for 2010? We decided to go July 13, 2010 and are booking August 13th (11 months in advance for DVC home resort). I would like to know the DDP rates before that. I know they come out some time in August. Anyone know an actual date? Thanks!

I just booked at my 7 month window for DVC (Staying away from home) and wanted to add the QSDP. I can't at this time, but was able to make my reservations without any issue. They said to just call back and add the QSDP when the rates are announced (Generally in August)

I combined the two threads on the first page inquiring about when the 2010 prices will be released - figured we could all wait and wonder in one place :goodvibes

I just booked at my 7 month window for DVC (Staying away from home) and wanted to add the QSDP. I can't at this time, but was able to make my reservations without any issue. They said to just call back and add the QSDP when the rates are announced (Generally in August)

I combined the two threads on the first page inquiring about when the 2010 prices will be released - figured we could all wait and wonder in one place :goodvibes

Okay, thanks! Do you know the date in August it was released last year for the 2009 prices and plans? I know booking my DVC trip will not be an issue since we are booking our home resort 11 months in advance, but it would be nice to know the price of the DDP at the same time we book (August 13th is when we book).

Thanks for putting these threads together to make things easier! ;)

I don't remember the exact date, but don't they usually announce the next years packages around the time that Free Dining starts? Generally they offer bounce back and I think the package prices are out by then.

I've seen "gossip" on another thread that prices will be announced Aug 2. Like I said though, it's just speculation and "gossip." But here's to hoping for a very low (or no) increase in prices and a great discount offer for January!! :thumbsup2

That makes sense to me, I've seen pretty reliable rumors that the ticket prices will be increased August 2nd too. I think that they generally release packages around the time that they increase ticket prices.

That makes sense to me, I've seen pretty reliable rumors that the ticket prices will be increased August 2nd too. I think that they generally release packages around the time that they increase ticket prices.

I had a feeling ticket prices would increase by August so I ordered next year's tickets today from Undercover Tourist! I called them and they said that whenever Disney increases their prices, so do they. I was gonna wait until August 13th when my DVC 11-month home resort booking window opens and I book our trip, but decided not to risk it. It feels SOOOO great that my tickets will be coming soon in the mail! YAY!!! :yay:

I had a feeling ticket prices would increase by August so I ordered next year's tickets today from Undercover Tourist! I called them and they said that whenever Disney increases their prices, so do they. I was gonna wait until August 13th when my DVC 11-month home resort booking window opens and I book our trip, but decided not to risk it. It feels SOOOO great that my tickets will be coming soon in the mail! YAY!!! :yay:

Great minds think alike, I am ordering mine today too.:laughing: We were going to do it last night, but we had fresh strawberries, so we made a pitcher of margaritas instead. :lmao:

Great minds think alike, I am ordering mine today too.:laughing: We were going to do it last night, but we had fresh strawberries, so we made a pitcher of margaritas instead. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

At least your trip is closer than mine....my trip is still 369 days away! :lmao:

Anyone know when the 2010 dining plan info will be available? We will be down for 2 weeks in January for the marathon and wanted to get our ADRs in order.
Thanks!

seems like all the new prices (room rates, ticket prices & dining plan costs) come out in August. There are rumors that new ticket prices will be announced around 8/2 but it's a wait-and-see situation. Think they had the 2009 Dining Plan brochures out in August -- the first batch seemed to have like a July 31, 2008 printing date, if I recall correctly. Course those early brochures only listed actual Disney-owned restaurants (the new contracts with the non-Disney places don't get finalized until the end of the year, so the non-Disney restaurants are not listed in the brochures until January.)

You do know that for January ADRs you won't be able to book until sometime in October? ADRs are all at 90 days before check-in now (which some of us over-achieving planners really hate:rotfl:)

seems like all the new prices (room rates, ticket prices & dining plan costs) come out in August. There are rumors that new ticket prices will be announced around 8/2 but it's a wait-and-see situation. Think they had the 2009 Dining Plan brochures out in August -- the first batch seemed to have like a July 31, 2008 printing date, if I recall correctly. Course those early brochures only listed actual Disney-owned restaurants (the new contracts with the non-Disney places don't get finalized until the end of the year, so the non-Disney restaurants are not listed in the brochures until January.)

You do know that for January ADRs you won't be able to book until sometime in October? ADRs are all at 90 days before check-in now (which some of us over-achieving planners really hate:rotfl:)

Tell me about it...I'm a HUGE over-achiever when it comes to vacation planning! I loved the 180 day ADR date back in 2008! I have already looked at the restaurants we will most likely be eating at for dinners, and also a couple of character breakfasts. It's funny...with my over-planning I always seem to gravitate towards the food for my vacation. Probably because we only go away once a year and the rest of the year I am very strict about portions and what I eat and I work out 5 days per week religiously. So on vacation I get a break! Last summer at Disney World was definitely a welcome relief from all that!

I've seen "gossip" on another thread that prices will be announced Aug 2. Like I said though, it's just speculation and "gossip." But here's to hoping for a very low (or no) increase in prices and a great discount offer for January!! :thumbsup2

I sure would like that great January discount. We have booked for 9 nights in January and the prices are making me gulp. Boy I wish they would offer free dining, but I'm sure that is a real dream. Even QSDP would be great for free! :goodvibes Can you hear me Disney execs. We need some incentive to keep traveling in this economy!

I sure would like that great January discount. We have booked for 9 nights in January and the prices are making me gulp. Boy I wish they would offer free dining, but I'm sure that is a real dream. Even QSDP would be great for free! :goodvibes Can you hear me Disney execs. We need some incentive to keep traveling in this economy!

Hoping right along with you...we're debating where to go for a go-warmer-places vacation in January. If Disney's is good enough, we'll probably repeat our January 2009 trip ... a few days at the beach, then brief Disney visit.

Last year, except for MLK Jr. weekend, they had some great discounts last January....I think the buy 4 get 3 free deal started the day after MLK Jr. Day because we were there then (only there for 2 days, so we booked a "winter getaway" rate that was around 27% off our room.)

Any ideas what the 2010 pricing may be yet??? Any new offerings?

We should know in about 9 days!

To me, getting the 2010 DDP info is the next step towards our vacation. After that it will be booking on August 13th, our 11-month mark for DVC. Then it will be waiting a while to book ADRs! I sure miss the 180-day window, this 90-day thing is not as exciting...the 180-day window made the trip seem that much closer when we made our ADRs, oh well.

We should know in about 9 days!

To me, getting the 2010 DDP info is the next step towards our vacation. After that it will be booking on August 13th, our 11-month mark for DVC. Then it will be waiting a while to book ADRs! I sure miss the 180-day window, this 90-day thing is not as exciting...the 180-day window made the trip seem that much closer when we made our ADRs, oh well.

I miss the 180 window! 90 is way too close which means competition will be fierce! :rotfl:I'm going to wake up early and have my plan, and back up plan, have the internet dining open and be on the phone at the same time!!:surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter