• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Dining Plan-Plan Details Updated in post #132

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to the link on the front page of the DIS that takes you to dreams unlimited page on 2010 Dining Plan, appetizers ARE included in next years plan.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/packages/2010-packages.htm

2010 Magic Your Way Disney Package Plus Dining
The Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining offers you an easy and affordable way to experience a wide variety of participating Disney restaurants. And as a Disney Resort Guest, all the Disney Resort benefits are available to you.
This package includes:

Stay 1 -10 nights at a Disney Resort
Magic Your Way Base Ticket
This package includes everything listed in the starter Disney package
Includes the Disney Dining Plan:
Choose from participating Disney restaurants.

For each night of your package stay you will enjoy:

1 Table-Service Dining Option per person, per night
1 Quick-Service Dining Option per person, per night
1 Snack option per person, per night
Table Service

Dining
Adult: One entree, one appetizer, one dessert (juice at breakfast) and one non-alcoholic beverage OR one full buffet

Child: One entree, one appetizer, one dessert (juice at breakfast) and one non-alcoholic beverage OR one full buffet

Quick Service

Dining
One entree, one dessert (juice at breakfast), and one non-alcoholic beverage OR one combo meal
1 Snack Option Examples of snacks: one frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz. fountain soft drink, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

Applicable gratuity charge not included except at participating prepaid dining locations, excludes alcoholic beverages, certain other limitations may apply, children ages 3-9 must choose from the children's menu if available.

Dessert available only during lunch or dinner. One juice is included during breakfast

Meal plans must be purchased for the entire length of your stay and for your entire party.

1 Table-Service meal can be exchanged for 1 Character Dining Experience (Note that some Character meals require 2 Table-Service Meal exchanges.)

2 Table-Service meals may also be exchanged for one of the following: 1 Cinderella's Royal Table Dining Experience, 1 Signature Dining Experience, 1 Disney Dinner Show (category 2 or 3 seating at 5:00 or 7:30pm shows, Cat 1 at 9:30pm shows), or 1 Private Dining Meal.

Pizza Service: 2 adult quick-service meals can be exchanged at a quick service location for one 16" pizza.

Meal entitlements for children ages 3-9 are not transferable to adult guests in the party ages 10 and up.

Yeah, that is the first thing I saw, DDP for 2010 includes meal, appetizer, dessert and non-alchoholic drink. WOW, I wonder if that means the price is going to go up. Would love to do the DDP and get an appetizer :cool1:!!!

Just wondering, has anyone gotten confirmation of the DxDP prices yet? Still wondering about the "under $70.00" and if there are 'seasons' as with DP?

Tiger :)

I have not read most of this thread so I hope the info I provide is not repeating.

Just spoke to a CM on the dedicated TA phone line and this is what I was told:

NO appetizer on the basic dining plan. No chnages at all on what is offered in the plans.

Rates for dining plans:

$42.00 A/$12.00 C - Regular Season
$47.00 A/$13.00 C - Peak Season

Rates for QS stays the same for all seasons $32.00 A/$10.00 C

Rates for Deluxe stays the same for all season $70.00 A/$20.00 C

Not going to even get into Premium and Platinum plans. LOL

Dining seasons for the the Dinining Plan:

01/01 to 02/11/10 Regular
02/12 to 04/10/10 Peak
04/11 to 06/03/10 Regular
06/04 to 08/14/10 Peak
08/15 to 12/16/10 Regular
12/17 to 12/31/10 Peak

Hope this helps. DU, change your description on the dining plan please!

I merged two of the 2010 threads to one so we can keep the discussions in one place for a bit. The 2010 FAQ will remain separate for now as we learn more about 2010 and what the DDPs will bring.

Regarding the info about appetizers on Dreams, or any other not official Disney site, count them as wrong. Disney's site is the official word, and their word is that there are no appetizers in 2010. Until Disney changes their information online (or in their printed brochure), there are no appetizers for the regular DDP in 2010.

I (obviously) love researching independently of Disney online, and love forums and outside web sources for all things Disney, but in the end it's Mouse's Rules.

Wow :scared1: I'm actually shocked at the price increase from WDW. I was just reading a thread about how people think WDW is suffering!! Suffering to the point that this season will be effected by the recession that is still happening. If they want more people to come, putting the price up isn't the way to go. I have a feeling that since disney is giving the free dining away during the whole fall season that they might turn around a do this in the late winter and early spring. Stoping just before the mad March rush. WDW will likely see how the new promotion goes and if not enough people book packages during those times, they will then add a special to those times.

Only time will tell

Rates for Deluxe stays the same for all season $70.00 A/$20.00 C

Hmmm, this part still has me curious because on the web site it is pricing out at $72/$21. It sounds like maybe the CM you spoke with was just reading the same info we already have?

That is wonderful news! :goodvibes

I wish they would start it early!:lmao: We are going in Late Nov-early December and I would love to get appys again.

I wonder if the tip is going to be included? I hate dealing with tips agter every TS meal!

That is wonderful news! :goodvibes

I wish they would start it early!:lmao: We are going in Late Nov-early December and I would love to get appys again.

I wonder if the tip is going to be included? I hate dealing with tips agter every TS meal!

No changes from 2009. The basic DDP does not include appetizers and tips are not included (except where they were before: dinner shows, CRT, etc.).

There was an error on the 2010 package page.

It has since been fixed to reflect the

2010 MYW PLus Dining

&

2010 MYW PLus Deluxe Dining

do NOT include an appetizer for table service meals.

There was an error on the 2010 package page.

It has since been fixed to reflect the

2010 MYW PLus Dining

&

2010 MYW PLus Deluxe Dining

do NOT include an appetizer for table service meals.

It's still wrong. According to the official Disney brochures, it's the same as 2009: no appetizer on basic DDP, appetizers included on deluxe.

Disney's various websites seem to be conflicting. The travel agent site says no appetizers on the Deluxe Dining Plan, and the site for the general public indicates that an appetizer is included in the Deluxe Plan.

I think that the Deluxe Plan will likely remain a mystery until the right hand figures out what the left hand is doing in Disney's IT department.

It seems to be a definite that there is no appetizer in the standard Dining Plan, both sources seem to agree on that.

As much as I'd like to see the appetizers remain on the DxDP (hope to try it one day :goodvibes ), maybe the reason the price stayed the same is that they were removed. Of course, that is IF they were removed since people are getting conflicting reports.

As much as I'd like to see the appetizers remain on the DxDP (hope to try it one day :goodvibes ), maybe the reason the price stayed the same is that they were removed. Of course, that is IF they were removed since people are getting conflicting reports.

If they were removed I'd expect to see a price drop. Not much, but something, like when they took the apps off of the basic plan. That could explain the "under $70" wording, I guess, but I think it is strange that Disney would publish the general public brochure stating they are included. I would think they would be VERY careful about promising more than they intend to deliver when it comes to their public marketing information.

I think it is more likely at this point that the TA information is wrong, since the pricing already seems to be proving wrong in regards to the deluxe plan. Or maybe Disney considered a $2 price drop and removal of the appetizer, but decided against it before the plan details went public and failed to completely update the TA release.

Mk I know this sounds shallow, but I, for one, will be devestated if they did indeed eliminate appetizers from DxDP. This will be our first Disney trip (and likely our ONLY one for a loooong time), and I was planning to eat myself into a coma that week! My fingers are crossed, in hope that it was just a misunderstanding and that apps are still in the plan. Cross em with me, people!

I would think they would be VERY careful about promising more than they intend to deliver when it comes to their public marketing information.

Yeah, especially what happened last year. I don't remember all the details but I remember Disney sending out some wrong brochures at some point that stated the apps/tips were still included with the DDP. I remember a lot of people getting quite upset about it.

Hopefully, all the TA information is wrong and the apps are still included. I'm looking forward to trip with DH only and trying the DxDP. Don't know when that will happen but hope the DxDP is much like it is now when we do get to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter