• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****2008 Ddp FAQ****

Beginning January 1st, all credits will be separated into adult vs child. At any given meal period (Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner) you will only be able to use the entitlements on your card (if it says 2A2C, then you get two adult and two kid's meals)

I read this at the beginning of the thread - does this mean you can't eat separately if you were doing different things one day. I know TS are separated, are CS separated? if 2 adults and 2 children do I have to buy 2A and 2C everytime I buy a meal or could I buy 1A and
1C and buy the other 1A and 1C later or another day. Thanks.

Using last year as a guide, the actual list of restaurants participating in the 2008 Dining Plan should be expected around November 15, 2007.

So the list on the 2008 brochure should be considered preliminary? I hope so, since the EPCOT list alone has half the options of last year.

When you add DDP to the DVC reservation, it is for the entire stay,you cannot add just 5 days to a 7 day stay (for example). Also, if you are renting, the owner must add it to your ressie prior to check in.

I just read the 2008 DDP synopsis, and could not help but notice major changes in the plan that greatly reduce its value. The loss of gratuity being included is one such change, and the loss of an appetizer at the table service meal another. It will be interesting to see if this plan is still a "bargain" with these changes.

For many people it is still worth it; for others it is not.

The Dining Plan (whichever you choose) needs to be stated at time of reservation. You cannot decide to add the Dining Plan on the day you check in. It must be on your reservation record and you don't have to be a DVC member to get the Dining Plan. We tried to add the plan when we checked in this past summer and it was denied simply because my husband told the reservationist that he would decide at check in and the reservationist neglected to tell us that it had to be done when booking the room. We will never make that mistake again.

Hope this information help.

Oh BTW, when you book for 2008, you must also tell the reservationist which Dining Plan you want. You can't decide at check in.

So here's my question. You were talking about whether the DDP is a better deal than a discounted room rate - are talking during free dining only or if you pay for it as well? I'm new to booking packages (free dining this year was our first stay on property) We really enjoyed the dining plan, but I would rather go later in October for our next trip and free dining probably wouldn't be offered that late. Anyway - my long winded question is, is it possible to somehow find a discount code for the room rate and pay for the dining plan?

Sorry but I still am a bit confused about the Deluxe DDP. I know on the basic DDP you get
one TS
one CS
one snack
all per night per person

How does the deluxe work??
Is it
2 cs
2 ts
2 snack
per person per night??????

Anyway - my long winded question is, is it possible to somehow find a discount code for the room rate and pay for the dining plan?

Yes. Codes usually, but not always, can be applied to packages. For example, the current discount code offer is:

Room only - "Get great discounted rates for Disney's resorts on selected dates between 10/21/07-12/23/07. Very limited availability for many dates; some blackout dates apply. Use code CCE. You must book by 10/20/07. "

Package - "Discounted Walt Disney World resort packages are available for check-in dates 10/21/07-12/23/07. There is very limited availability and some dates are blacked out. The package must include at least a minimum stay of 3 nights and at least a 1-Day Magic Your Way ticket. Request the specific offer code: ZUE for a regular Magic Your Way Package, ZUF for a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining."

Usually the package discount is the same $$ off as the room-only discount, but you need to use the code that matches your reservation type.

Sorry but I still am a bit confused about the Deluxe DDP. I know on the basic DDP you get
one TS
one CS
one snack
all per night per person

How does the deluxe work??
Is it
2 cs
2 ts
2 snack
per person per night??????

Deluxe:

3 meals per person per day, with no distinction between CS or TS
2 snacks per person per day
1 refillable mug per person

Thanks Colleen. So does that mean we basically get 3 credits per day for meals and 3 for snacks? I want to do an analysis to make sure this would work for us and save money in the long run. So you could do a signature and a CS in one day on 3 credits???

I see you are from MI, where???? We are in Dearborn!

Thanks Colleen. So does that mean we basically get 3 credits per day for meals and 3 for snacks? I want to do an analysis to make sure this would work for us and save money in the long run. So you could do a signature and a CS in one day on 3 credits???

I see you are from MI, where???? We are in Dearborn!

Ack! That should have been a 2 not a 3. 3 meals, 2 snacks per person per day. Someday I'll learn to wait until my second cup of coffee to start posting! LOL

We're going to be on the deluxe plan in January, and most days we have a TS breakfast or early lunch and a signature dinner planned. If you click on the very last link in my siggy, you can download the spreadsheet I created to decide if the deluxe plan was worth it. Just plug in your numbers and you can see how it would work for you. For us, it looks like it'll be a pretty good deal, and the planning has been fun - 132 meal credits (4 of us x 11 nights) and 88 snack credits of yummy Disney food! popcorn::

We're on the other side of town from you, in a little town no one ever seems to have heard of on the St Clair River. :wave2:

I am still confused....sorry. On the deluxe plan are we basically allowed to eat in 3 TS a day if we choose? What about Signature restaurants - are they still calculated as 2 TS?....specifically if we eat in a Signature one day then we are only entitled to one other meal a day? Also...is there ANY differentiation between CS or TS on the Deluxe. Is it 3 meals per day which could be split up among TS OR CS any way we like?

Sorry.....I finally have plans for my "girls" trip and feel I am WAAYYY behind on making ADR's.

Thanks!!

I am still confused....sorry. On the deluxe plan are we basically allowed to eat in 3 TS a day if we choose? What about Signature restaurants - are they still calculated as 2 TS?....specifically if we eat in a Signature one day then we are only entitled to one other meal a day? Also...is there ANY differentiation between CS or TS on the Deluxe. Is it 3 meals per day which could be split up among TS OR CS any way we like?

Sorry.....I finally have plans for my "girls" trip and feel I am WAAYYY behind on making ADR's.

Thanks!!

You get 3 meal credits per day. There is no distinction between CS or TS, so you can split your daily meals any way you like - including having 3 TS meals per day if you so choose. Signature restaurants are still 2 credits, so if you have a signature dinner, you only have one more meal credit remaining for that day. And like the current DDP, you don't have to use the credits on specific days - you get your allotment of credits for the length of your stay when you check in, and you can use them in any combination that you like until they're gone.

We don't eat 3 meals per day most of the time. Our deluxe plan involves a lot of late breakfasts/early lunches and signature dinners (Citricos, Jiko and Brown Derby are the only ones we aren't trying), and we'll probably have some credits leftover. But based on the places we want to try and the things we're likely to order, it makes sense to do the plan even if we don't use it to its full value. We'll use snack credits mainly for drinks in the parks and to fill in between meals, and use up any leftovers at Goofy's Candy Co for take-home treats before we check out.

When you add DDP to the DVC reservation, it is for the entire stay,you cannot add just 5 days to a 7 day stay (for example). Also, if you are renting, the owner must add it to your ressie prior to check in.

We are renting points in April. The owner added the ddp for us and requested the regular one. Dh has changed his mind and wants the deluxe one because we wont have the kids with us and he wants to relax as we won't be in commando mode. Can we request our plan be changed to deluxe at check in?TIA

Probably not. Make sure all your Dining Plan changes are applied to the reservation at least several days before check-in.

I would agree with bicker about changes at checkin. I would call the owner you are renting from and have them make the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter