****2008 Ddp FAQ****

We just returned on Friday from 6 days at WDW on the DDP and every table service we were at we had 6 or 7 people on 3 rooms. We just told the waiter up front, explained who was with who and he or she usually asked to see the cards so they could keep track of what was charged to what room. Then we received the separate bills at the end....with the 18% gratuity added to each of course.

It worked just fine, they see this all the time.

Edit: And all the ADRs were done in one persons name.

Thank you so much! That helps alleviate my worries quite a bit!

I wish CMs would be better trained to be more knowledgeable about situations like this. I wouldn't have worried if I hadn't gotten four different answers.

I'm a bit confused. We are traveling next week (yippee) with 2 adults and 2 teens (so technically 4 adults on the meal plan). When we eat, do we each need to give the cashier our card or can one person "pay" for all of the meals with one card?

I'm a bit confused. We are traveling next week (yippee) with 2 adults and 2 teens (so technically 4 adults on the meal plan). When we eat, do we each need to give the cashier our card or can one person "pay" for all of the meals with one card?

As long as you are staying in one room your cards will say "4A" and you can hand over any card to cover all 4 meals.

If you are in 2 separate rooms your cards may say "2A" in which case each card would only be able to pay for a maximum of 2 meals at a time and you'd need to hand over a card for each room.

Just one card needs to be presented at each restaurant. They will detuct 4 meals off the card for each table service you have, same with the counter services and snacks.(unless you go your separate ways, they/the teens will need their own cards, that's what my teens just did..they used their own cards for snacks, but the TS meals were deducted from ONE card) :goodvibes

Is there a 2009 FAQ page yet? I'm wondering about the adult and youth rates for this new year...??

The page is coming.

The costs for the DDP in 2009 are:

Quick service: 29.99 per night per adult, 8.99 per child
Regular DDP: 39.99 per night per adult, 10.99 per child
Deluxe DDP: 71.99 per night per adult, 20.99 per child

Adults are age 10 and up, children age 3-9.

Thanks for posting the rates--- what does the QSDP include?? I have DDE but think I will add this for counter service, ect for our (fingers crossed) trip in June..... Did the DDP last summer (did not have DDE card) and was too many sit down meals--- I liked the convenience of everything prepaid with ddp even though we didn't save alot (ds 11 adult price- child appetite kwiM?)
Jill

Welcome to the 2008 DDP FAQ. This is a work in progress. As updates occur, they will be posted. If you have any updates or corrections, please PM me.

The Disney Dining Plan, DDP,is a Meal Plan available with the purchase of a Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package. The Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package includes Disney Resort Accommodations, Magic Your Way Base ticket and the Disney Dining Plan.

According to Disney’s brochure, everyone in the room must be on the same package and ticket options. All tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. Package and package components, including dining entitlements, are nontransferable. Dining entitlements expire at midnight on day of checkout.

url]

Hi!

Sorry if I am being a bit thick . . . when you say the tickets are for one theme park per day, does that mean I can't buy the dining plan if I have park hopper tickets? I am looking it getting it for the first time in May, and have already got hopper tickets.

Its like a whole new world learning about this!!

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter