****2008 Ddp FAQ****

Hi I was wondering about something. My family and I are going to Disney for free dining. Is the gratuity paid on the taxes as well? This may seem like a silly question. But I was just wondering. And also what is the tax rate at the restaurants?

Gratuity is paid on the pre-tax amount. There is an official tipping thread HERE that should answer any more tipping questions that you have.

Tax is 6.5% at all restaurants except for the food court at All-Stars. Tax at All Stars is 7.0% (All-Stars is in Osceola County and everything else is in Orange County)

Number 1, the credits are based on the number of nights. Number 2, who says you wont be able to use the credits? Do a TS breakfast and dinner in one day, go to cinderellas or do a dinner show that takes 2 credits, lots of options.

We figured we'd be able to use the credits if we had to - though we didn't really need the extra credits.

We figured we'd be able to use the credits if we had to - though we didn't really need the extra credits.

To figure out what works best for your family figure out what your OOP cost would be eating everywhere that you want (not using the 7th meals) . If that total is more than the cost of the DDP then you're better off with the DDP and can afford to waste the credits that you 'don't really need'.

If your OOP cost is less than the DDP cost, then decide if you want to try a signature or something more than what you 'need'

Beyond that it's up to you. How much more are you willing to pay for something that you'd like but don't really need.

Will Disney allow an extra person to be added to the free dining package a couple days before check-in? We may have another person joining us, however I have already paid for the free dining package for me and 2 children. TIA!

hmmm... I guess I somehow missed this until now... Is the actual Yak and Yeti Restaurant not included in the 2008 Dining Plan? It is not clear in the brochure, because it lists the "Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe" as a counter service option. It seems the Restaurant I have read reviews on would by far be a Table Service. If this isnt included, I have apparently been clueless :headache: and it makes me very sad! :guilty:

I also need to know if the Yak and Yeti is included in the dining plan.

Yak & Yeti is on the dining plan.

You will not find it on the 2009 dining plan list if that is what you are looking at. The restaurants that are not owned by Disney are not on that list yet.

Will Disney allow an extra person to be added to the free dining package a couple days before check-in? We may have another person joining us, however I have already paid for the free dining package for me and 2 children. TIA!

You will need to find out the time limit for making changes to your MYW package. I don't know what those limits are. There is a charge within a certain amount of time for making changes, but since I don't book packages I am not sure what kind of changes. Call WDW and find out.

Yak & Yeti is on the dining plan.

You will not find it on the 2009 dining plan list if that is what you are looking at. The restaurants that are not owned by Disney are not on that list yet.

Actually, in response to this last question I took a look at the "updated" 2008 brochure from July 31st and Yak & Yeti was not on it. We've got Y&Y booked for our trip in Sept. so I hope this is wrong, but, I'm not sure where to look/ask. It was on the May brochure.

There are also NO ddp locations at CSR on the July brochure so I figure it may just have been really poorly edited.

Anyone know?

Ok 2 questions. First it's Me, DH, DS (10A) and DD (5C) I know I have done the dining plan before but things were diffent then :lmao: 1. If we go to Pizza Planet which is a given with my kids I can't eat pizza. Do we tell them it's 2AD and 1 C? As I would need 1A to eat CS somewhere close or how do we handle this? OK Question #2 basicially same question new place. I will be getting Fish and chip at the CS in England I don't know as of yet if my family will be joining me there so do I tell them it's an adult meal so they take the right credit. I have everything worked out so we only have to pay for 1A CS while down there so I don't want them messing this up. :rotfl: Or giving me the stink eye when I do the things stated. Before I didn't think about it when my DS and DD were eating we used credits when DH and I were eating we used credits. The only exception was the last 2 meals we paid OOP for DS and DD so we could use they're credit at our last Character Breakfast because it was the more expense for them but the least expensive for DH and I.

If we go to Pizza Planet which is a given with my kids I can't eat pizza. Do we tell them it's 2AD and 1 C? ...
I will be getting Fish and chip at the CS in England I don't know as of yet if my family will be joining me there so do I tell them it's an adult meal so they take the right credit.

Yes & Yes.

DH & I are AP holders and are doing the AP room rate + dining package. We're traveling with our 18 month old daughter. Does anyone know if I can buy her the dining plan as well, even though she is under 3, since I know that I'm going to be ordering her meals of her own?

Thanks.

Actually, in response to this last question I took a look at the "updated" 2008 brochure from July 31st and Yak & Yeti was not on it. We've got Y&Y booked for our trip in Sept. so I hope this is wrong, but, I'm not sure where to look/ask. It was on the May brochure.

There are also NO ddp locations at CSR on the July brochure so I figure it may just have been really poorly edited.

Anyone know?

July 31 of 2008?

At that point, some if not all of the non-Disney restaurants would not have been on the list yet.

Yak and Yeti and CSR are on the dining plan in 2008.

July 31 of 2008?

At that point, some if not all of the non-Disney restaurants would not have been on the list yet.

Yak and Yeti and CSR are on the dining plan in 2008.

Yes, the July 31 2008 brochure for the 2008 dining plan does NOT list Y&Y or any locations at CSR. Note: I am not discussing the brochure about the 2009 dining plan, but, one I downloaded off the disney website in early Aug that claims to cover the 2008 dining plan.

It is very confusing. Since the May version of the brochure includes Y&Y and CSR, I am assuming that it just a really serious editing error. However, I was hoping that someone who had successfully eaten in one of those locations in the last couple of weeks could confirm it.

I can't seem to find this answer. Is it the one upstairs - the nice one, or the one downstairs that I've read a lot of complaints about. I really want to dine at the one upstairs but don't know if it will be covered on the dxddp.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it is the downstairs one. Wolfgang Puck Express (If I remember correctly). We thought the food was very good when we ate there.

Wolfgang Puck's Upstairs Dining Room does not accept DDP. The downstairs cafe does.

suggestion was made that I ask this here- sooooo
here goes

popcorn::

going to get the DDP for trip in Oct
I have several Disney GC and money on my Disney Visa rewards card

Can I use either or both for the tips vs paying cash oop OR

Can I charge the tips to the room and then use the rewards and/or gift cards to pay that off?

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter