2007 and prior**Confirmed Snacks included in Dining Plan/add yours here**

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Yak and Yeti Counter Service, the fried rice is only one snack credit, and the egg rolls are one snack credit. My hubby and I each got an order of egg rolls and shared an order (an entire carton!) of fried rice. For just three snack credits, we had a filling lunch!

At BWV, you can get a box of Mickey Macaroni and Cheese ($3.00) for one snack credit. We stocked up on these, since we had six remaining snack credits on the last night there. We also got an entire box of Pop Tarts there, as well as a box of White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies ($4.00).

At Boardwalk Bakery, we got the Banana Split Pie ($3.49) for a snack credit (YUM!)

At Yak and Yeti Counter Service, the fried rice is only one snack credit, and the egg rolls are one snack credit. My hubby and I each got an order of egg rolls and shared an order (an entire carton!) of fried rice. For just three snack credits, we had a filling lunch!

At BWV, you can get a box of Mickey Macaroni and Cheese ($3.00) for one snack credit. We stocked up on these, since we had six remaining snack credits on the last night there. We also got an entire box of Pop Tarts there, as well as a box of White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies ($4.00).

At Boardwalk Bakery, we got the Banana Split Pie ($3.49) for a snack credit (YUM!)

Thank you for the update:thumbsup2

At Epcot in Norway, any boxed cookies/biscuits in the gift area that are $4 and under are on 2007 ddp. I used up most of my unused credits on the last day to maximize the value.

Hi Everyone, what a great thread! I am sorry if this has been answered here, but my computer is so slow that I could not make it through the whole thing.

Are turkey legs, in MK, a snack credit? Or maybe part of a CS meal? We leave in 14 days:scared1: and my BIL needs to know!!!

I will provide any details about the 2008 list when I get back!

Oh, anyone know if stuff from the Ghiradeli ( sorry about the spelling) store is on the snack list?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Suz

Turkey legs are a CS credit & Ghiradelli's does not participate in the DP. Enjoy your trip & look forward to hearing the snack credit status for the new year.

Just returned from the Contemporary and were able to use snack credits for the following:

Large bag of Mickey/Chip & Dale pretzels
Bag of Chip & Dale cheese snacks (like goldfish, only shaped like Mickey heads)
Clusters of lollipops (Mickey shaped & Pooh shaped, and heart shaped Princess lollipops)
Entenmann doughnuts (assorted and chocolate only)
Bags of Goofy Candy Co. candies (we got the Chewy Spree)

Thanks!
Christine

In afew days we should be getting reports of s.c. with the new ddp. I HOPE THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED THAT AS WELL
Sorry, you may be disappointed. I returned today and I used all of my snack credits today. Boy was I upset because the cast member I talked to last night said that I would still be able to get my bag of trail mix today as long as I checked in under the 2007 DDP. I should not have believed that and gone ahead and gotten it last night because as of today, I was not able to. They will no longer follow the under $4 rule and snacks will be limited to what they consider single serving. Because the trail mix says family size on it, it is not considered single serving. We were able to get the very small bag of $2 peanuts with the credit and a very cute plastic slipper that had candy in it. You will no longer be able to gets a dozen eggs, not that I wanted to, but some people do. Anyways, I do not think the dining plan is worth the value it once was and I will not get it under the new rules,

Here are some things I got for a snack credit a couple weeks ago that aren't on the page 1 list. I hope they're still valid with the new DDP!

Roaring Fork (WL):
oatmeal with toppings

WL mercantile:
large box of Minnie's bake shop character cookies
frosted krispie treats

Main St Bakery:
bagel w/ cream cheese
plain croissant
kashi cereal w/milk

Goofy's Candy:
make your own fudge cookie

I hope the snacks don't change too much. Maybe the mods will give us a new stickie for the 2008 list. :goodvibes

Sorry, you may be disappointed. I returned today and I used all of my snack credits today. Boy was I upset because the cast member I talked to last night said that I would still be able to get my bag of trail mix today as long as I checked in under the 2007 DDP. I should not have believed that and gone ahead and gotten it last night because as of today, I was not able to. They will no longer follow the under $4 rule and snacks will be limited to what they consider single serving. Because the trail mix says family size on it, it is not considered single serving. We were able to get the very small bag of $2 peanuts with the credit and a very cute plastic slipper that had candy in it. You will no longer be able to gets a dozen eggs, not that I wanted to, but some people do. Anyways, I do not think the dining plan is worth the value it once was and I will not get it under the new rules,

Oh no! This definitely affects my plans! We're on DxDDP for 2008 and were planning to use a bunch of snack credits for things like english muffins, eggs, butter, milk, etc. I'll be anxiously awaiting more reports!

I do have until September, though, so who knows what it will be like then! :lmao: (Disney sure likes to keep us on our toes with the DDP!)

Anyone back yet? I'm wondering about things like churros, pretzels, pastries, etc. Candy at goofy's? Frozen drinks...

Stacey

Hopefully someone down there right now will pay for the internet and let us know for sure what is up with the snacks. Being that it's only the third, I would think most of the people coming back would be in the 'grandfathered' stage and still using the 2007 plan.

I don't want to be a jerk, here, but this does not surprise me at all, nor am I up in arms about it. A box of donuts, a bag of bagels, a box of pop tarts, a 2 liter of coke? C'mon. These are not snacks. Disney is plugging a gaping loophole that their "less than $4" rule of thumb left open. I never expected to get anything but a snack for my snack credits so it doesn't bother me.

I'm not saying anyone did anything wrong in using their snack credits this way. They weren't breaking any rules, after all. Just saying - a snack credit is a snack credit and as long as I can use my credit for a snack, I'm ok.

I don't want to be a jerk, here, but this does not surprise me at all, nor am I up in arms about it. A box of donuts, a bag of bagels, a box of pop tarts, a 2 liter of coke? C'mon. These are not snacks. Disney is plugging a gaping loophole that their "less than $4" rule of thumb left open. I never expected to get anything but a snack for my snack credits so it doesn't bother me.

I'm not saying anyone did anything wrong in using their snack credits this way. They weren't breaking any rules, after all. Just saying - a snack credit is a snack credit and as long as I can use my credit for a snack, I'm ok.

ITA!!! I have NO problem at all with these "large" items being "taken away". They probably shouldn't have been available in the first place.

I'm sure hoping some of the great single-serving stuff is still available for snack credits though - Dole Whips and Floats, Cream-cheese pretzel, Ice Cream, and most of all - Captain Cook's Chocolate Chip Crossaints!!!!

I do not think you are a jerk for saying that and I agree it is a bit silly to get eggs with a snack credit. I was only upset because the items that I consider a snack to me like trail mix are not available any longer and I really enjoy the trail mix, but oh well. I will not use the DDP for many reasons this year, not just the change in snacks. My biggest reason is that without gratuity and an appetizer, I end up better using the discounts that I have.

ITA!!! I have NO problem at all with these "large" items being "taken away". They probably shouldn't have been available in the first place.

I'm sure hoping some of the great single-serving stuff is still available for snack credits though - Dole Whips and Floats, Cream-cheese pretzel, Ice Cream, and most of all - Captain Cook's Chocolate Chip Crossaints!!!!

Those are the types of things I'm wondering about myself. Can't wait to hear!

well thats does decrease the value alot more but since i never experianced the old DDP i guess i wont be in for the shock like others will.
I stayed on site solely becuase i felt Disney was probably safer and cleaner then outside hotels. I was to worried about getting a hotel in a "bad area". I signed up for the DDP just so i wouldnt have to worry about paying each time we ate. And the 2008 plan is a good convenience value IMO.

I'll join you in that! I don't care if we can't get the box of donuts and half gallon of milk that we got in August (breakfast for 3 days from 2 snack credits? I can see why they'd close that loophole!). I just want to hear that we can still use credits for treats from Goofy's and Main Street Confectionary, and for the infamous Dole Whip, and for the strawberry swirly thing from Enchanted Grove, and for the fun Princess candies from the shops... All those yummy things that make a Disney trip such a diet disaster! :rotfl:

went to coronado springs a couple of weeks ago. in the gift shop i was told anything under $4. got milk and trail mix. in the pepper market i was told anything for desert or snack. I cant remember exactly what they said but i was thinking something like under $4 at the seasons place in epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter