2007 and prior**Confirmed Snacks included in Dining Plan/add yours here**

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the other cuts they have made to DDP I hope I can get abox of donuts for a sc It's under $4 so what's the difference between that and a Dole Whip cost wise to Disney. If they cut out the boxes they will probably cut out the dole whips !!

With all the other cuts they have made to DDP I hope I can get abox of donuts for a sc It's under $4 so what's the difference between that and a Dole Whip cost wise to Disney. If they cut out the boxes they will probably cut out the dole whips !!

Maybe, but there have been reports and "rumblings" that it will be only "single serving" items. A Dole Whip is considered a single serving, box of donuts is not. The under $4 thing was never official, just a guideline-type thing many of the places (but not all) seemed to follow.

It isn't just about the cost of the item itself. My family got 3 breakfasts out of that box of donuts and half gallon of milk. That's 3 meals for 2 snack credits! If they cut back to single serving sizes, we'd have had to spend money or credits elsewhere on something for those mornings. So while the actual cost of the Dole Whip and the donuts might be about the same, Disney lost money by allowing the donuts as snacks, while the Dole Whip was just a mid afternoon treat that didn't interfere with us spending money/credits on lunch and dinner in Disney restaurants.

I hope they keep the variety of single serving snacks. While it's a little lame they may not keep trail mix or cotton candy, I totally agree that you shouldn't get a dozen eggs or donuts or 1/2 gallon of milk for a snack. That's not a snack. If you want breakfast, go get breakfast.

I hope they keep the variety of single serving snacks. While it's a little lame they may not keep trail mix or cotton candy, I totally agree that you shouldn't get a dozen eggs or donuts or 1/2 gallon of milk for a snack. That's not a snack. If you want breakfast, go get breakfast.

Or each person can use a separate snack credit for breakfast!

We just got back 1/3/2008, and discovered a few changes in items allowed as a snack credit. I was not able to get a box of doughnuts at the Boardwalk General Store on January 1st. The CM said that only "single serving" items are now allowed. We also could not get a piece of fudge at the Main St Candy Store in MK (not sure why - the computer just wouldn't accept it, according to the CM.) However, we were pleased that Goofy's Candy Co still allowed items under $4, including the "Make Your Own" snacks. And any item at the Boardwalk Bakery under $4 was also allowed.

II have been following the whole snack fiasco for our Christmas 2008 trip...

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous that a huge corporation like Disney ::MickeyMo can't be more organized with their system.. I feel like they have become less and less hospitable towards their customers. :mad:

My point? Well, all they have to do is pick a dollar amount and say any food under this amount is considered a snack.. How hard can that be? Why make it sooooo difficult on the patrons and also on themselves? :confused3

It's just sooo annoying to me to see them make everything more complicated than it has to be.

Their whole website :surfweb: is another annoying problem if you ask me.... But I guess that's a rant for another forum and day

Bummer no more box of donuts, but as I'm going solo * donuts would have been too much. But I think I'll get snax from DTD on the last day to take home!!

II
Honestly, I think it's ridiculous that a huge corporation like Disney ::MickeyMo can't be more organized with their system.. I feel like they have become less and less hospitable towards their customers. :mad:

Sorry, I could not stop mentioning this.

I think they cannot organize their system because Disney and Disneyworld is too big. Bigger the ship, harder to turn. And it is common to see "corporate" become less and less hospitable. They are no different from any other big companies....

We just got back 1/3/2008, and discovered a few changes in items allowed as a snack credit. I was not able to get a box of doughnuts at the Boardwalk General Store on January 1st. The CM said that only "single serving" items are now allowed. We also could not get a piece of fudge at the Main St Candy Store in MK (not sure why - the computer just wouldn't accept it, according to the CM.) However, we were pleased that Goofy's Candy Co still allowed items under $4, including the "Make Your Own" snacks. And any item at the Boardwalk Bakery under $4 was also allowed.

Hooray for the make your own! I was really excited to do that!

What about the stuffed pretzels? Has anybody gotten one in 2008?

We were planning to try them for the first time this trip.

Just subbing to find out what the scoop is on all this.

Is there another thread specific to 2008? I have had this thread saved for a while now and it was seriously helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter