17 days of Deluxe Dining With Two Adults, One Disney Adult, One Child, And A Platypus

So just to re-cap...

We check into our 2pm ADR at...

...at about 1:40pm and are asked ot have a seat and it should not be long...

Anf she was right! In no time, we were being shown to our seats. Now I was a little worried about this seating. No one else would have a problem but I get a little shy around strangers...and we're in a new place...so, well, I was concerned.

So we are shown to our seat by what I assume is our waitress, Mari.

We are seated with a mom, dad, and two little girls who were not on the dining plan.

Mari asked if anyone needed her to "fix" their chop sticks...

We all had her do it.

VERY HOT...NO TOUCH, PERRY!

Mari took our orders. Food here is not all brought out, or even done, at the same time so we received Lou and Skyler's Assorted Tempura (shrimp, chicken breast and seasonal vegetables served with Japanese tempura dipping sauce) pretty quick. Skye got to have an adult appetizer because there are no kid's appetizers on the menu.

All the Tempura was really good and fresh tasting...it was not too greasy or heavy nor did it feel like it had been sitting in back waiting for someone to order it. We all had a little of each and liked it!

Then our chef came out. I do not remember his name...he was funny.

Here he is putting on Tyler's Wafu Ribs (sake,soy and ginger braised pork ribs) and my Gyo no Negi-maki (beef wrapped green onions served with Hickory Smoked Sea Salt).

And then he poured out all the sauces for everyone...

I do not remember what the sauces were...I know I am a bad DISer!

Tyler's ribs were done first...

I was not sure if he was going to eat them or not. You know that thing about different stuff he has??? Well, there have different kinds of seasoning on them so I just wasn't sure....but I figured if not, Lou would. What was the verdict? He licked them clean! And almost bit Lou's hand off when he went to get one! I did not want to risk my hand so I did not taste them but it was decided that next time, they will both be getting the ribs!

All of the onions, mushrooms, and zucchini were put onthe grill while my appetizer was still cooking.

And then mine was done...

Now, let me tell you, nothing else on the appetizer menu was jumping out at me as something I could at least be somewhat familiar with (like ribs or tempura) and i did not want to get more of what the others had gotten. You know, wanting to try as many different things as we could. So I ordered these. It sounded a little weird ot wrap green onions with beef but ah, what the heck! And let me also tell you, theyt were fabulous!!! I would have loved a bigger order of them as my entree! They were that good! And I might have almost bit Lou's hand off trying to get a taste too...well, it's not my fault he went with the "safe" tempura!

Meanwhile, our onion volcano was beginning to form...it was fun watching him decide which rings to put where...

And then it was all chopped up and moved to the side to comtinue cooking while the meats were placed on the grill.

Skye had ordered the Kid's Tori (chicken breast), Lou had ordered the Kajiki Maguro (swordfish steak), Tyler had the Filet Mignon, and I had the Asakusa (sirloin steak and large shrimp).

And this...

...we were told was Nemo. He made him "swim" around the grill for a minute or so saying how nice he was and sweet and then wacked him with the knife and said "No more Nemo!"...and the kids cracked up! It really was funny!

Here's the kids watching...

B]
So we continue on with our meal...

The noodles are added to the veggies...with sesame seeds...which is where my kids now know they need to change the way things are cooked for next time. We are not big seed fand...at least not on our food. And they would have been ok withthe veggies mixed in there and picking the noodles out around them (you know, cannot be too healthy!) but the seeds were not able to be picked out. I cannot say as I bleme them, because I think I would want them left off of mne next time too but we did not know enough to ask this time. But, beyond the seeds, the noodles and veggies were really good and full of flavor without having been doused in a sauce. That was our next course. The noodle/veggie mixture was dished out to everyone at the table.

We were also all given a bowl of white sticky rice.

And that, my friends, is right up my kids alley!!! :rotfl:

So, Skye's chicken was done first...and more seeds...but on the meat they were easier to scrape off. The chicken was a little dry for me but she made a good dent in it. It was just added to her noodle plate.

My shrimp was next...

Ooohhh, it was good too! I did share this time though because i am that nice...and I was filling up!

And then my steak was put on the plate and it was great...and not too over done like the chicken.

Lou's Swordfish was next...

And it was really good! But he wished he had gotten a beef dish, possibly with shrimp! But the swordfish had great flavor and was done perfectly...not too tough.

And then Tyler's.

While both of the steaks were really good, Tyler's was better. Which I guess we should have assumed. But, the combo does not come with filet mignon so if I wanted shrimp I had ot get the other one...but maybe next time one of us will get the filet and one of us can get the shrimp and we can share...hey, that solves our problem doesn't it!?!?! So Tyler ate all of his...except for what Lou and I got to taste and what Skye stole from him after deciding his was better than mine.

After we were all served, the chef cleaned up and left us to finish our meal. The table across from us also finished up so here's a picture of a table waiting for diners...

[/B]

So we finished our wonderful meal and headed into dessert. This is where I think Teppan Edo is a let down. I am not a Japaneese dessert expert but there has to be more options out there.

I ordered the Green Tea Pudding. It was good. But it reminded me of Flan and I am not too fond of flan. The flavor was good though.

Lou had the Chocolate Ginger Cake. The kids and I have had this before at the counter services place but this one was much better. It had a much more mild ginger flavor...ginger can really over power something if there is too much.

Lou and I got candles for our anniversary!

Skye ordered the fruit cup and the look on her face was of B-I-G disappointment!

Really?!?!?! Everything else was so well put together! I mean, she loves those things at home but we all had such a great meal and now her dessert is a pre-packaged bowl of peaches??? REALLY?!?!?!?!

And Tyler, my adventurous, dessert loving son, ordered...

...vanilla soft served ice cream. Yep...very Japaneese! But there really is not much els on the dessert menu...He shared with Skye.

Over all we LOVED Teppan Edo...and I would venture a guess more than a lot of other places we have been to. I needn't have worried about the seating because the table is large enough that if you don't want to associate with strangers, you don't have to. They pretty much kept to themselves and so did we. The prices are a it steep but we really did get a lot of food!

Our total bill was $161.46 and Lou and my dessert were not charged...not that it woudl have mattered as we already paid for it. Our receipt says we left at 3:06pm. So even though we had a nice meal, and we had a lot of entertainment, it was not a long meal at all. It was pretty much perfect, well except for Skye's dessert!

I think it is safe to say we will be back to Teppan Edo in the future...we loved it!

And we stopped at a cart near for a pretzel to share...I don't have the receipt so I don't have the name of the cart or the cost but it was the one towards the center walk through near Mission : Space and Innoventions East.

It was big and soft and we could have eaten another but I knew we had dinner approaching so one it will be!

Oh my goodness, it took all morning, but I read the whole thing. boy am I full! I see your ticker, we will be there for Thanksgiving too! Loved your review. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my goodness, it took all morning, but I read the whole thing. boy am I full! I see your ticker, we will be there for Thanksgiving too! Loved your review. Thanks for sharing!

Thanx!

And we'll both be at AoA too! What section are you staying in? And you're living with a 13 year old too...maybe we'll see eachother around! :goodvibes

Thanx!

And we'll both be at AoA too! What section are you staying in? And you're living with a 13 year old too...maybe we'll see eachother around! :goodvibes

We will be in 2 rooms in the LM section. Lol.. on the 13 year old :eek:. Your two blonds will be easy to spot. Don't think I am crazy if I say hi!

Teppan edo sounds lovely. My mum wants to try it next year when we all go and I think I am sold on it now! I think we will all be having ice cream for dessert!

Such awesome reviews!! Your kiddos are adventurous! How nice!! Can't wait to read more!

Sorry, I was on a roll there for a little while and now I seem to have stopped.

Well, I have a good reason for that!

We just spent four nights/five days at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells for Skye's dance competition!!!!

Three days before we were to leave her teacher called and asked if Skye woudl mind learning the level1/2 dance because only two of them were going and they are doing ABC by the Jackson Five and that would just be silly with just A and B. And of course, she was thrilled. So in three days and a borrowed costume, she learned ABC. They did it as a trio. The last time our Dance Company competed a trio was five years ago. Skye actually is the correct age to dance with these girls but she danced level 3 so she fit right in. ABC was the first on our Company to dance on Monday. Then the rest of the big girls (we had four other group dances) and then on Tuesday morning Skye's normal group (which was down to 6 from 13) danced at 8:30am.

Well, Jail House Rock (her regular team) did not perform as well as they did at the recital or at Great America but they still looked really good expecially comsidering they had to change around the dance 5 times!!! But ABC was awesome!!!!

ABC ended up taking home a PLATNIMUM AWARD and first over all in their category and Jail House Rock took an Elite Gold (bettere than Gold but not as good as Platinum) and first over all in their category!!! And we are a park district company and most, if not all, of the rest of the competitors were actual dance schools...so that's pretty awesome!

All our teams did well and Someone Like You even got to compete in the Legends Showdown the last day!

Here's some pics of Jail House Rock!

My you have some wonderful reviews! What a great trip.

Your DD is adorable! Wow... she's the tiny one in the group - she must have a lot of talent to compete with the bigger girls. Thanks for sharing your proud mom moment - that's awesome!! :cheer2:

So we had a small wait for the monorail from Epcot and then headed to the Grand Floridian.

Lou was still not real sure on this changing for dinner thing and it did require a bit more bags to carry but in the end I think he got it!

We all changed and freshened up in the bathrooms near 1900 Park Fare and I am happy to report they were not gross like last time! We all met up in the hall way as we finished and headed up to Citricos to check in.

We had an 8pm ADR and we were a little early but they were running a little behind. So we waited a little bit. We sat at a small table in the lobby waiting area entertaining ourselves.

There were a few other tables in use when we arrived but most of them got seated pretty soon after we sat down. Only one or two other groups arrived to check in while we were sitting there. We did wait a bit but it was cool in there so it was a nice chance to sit and cool down and relax before going into the restaurant.

Once out buzzer lit up we headed in and were seated in a great table next to the windows...just where I like it!

We were given our menus when we were seated.

Our bread and butter was brought...

Lou and Perry ordered a New Castle...

...and the kids and I ordered our regulars.

We decided here that Tyler was going to order off of the kid's menu and we'd pay for him out of pocket so we only had three appetizers tonight.

Skye decided on the Cheese and Grapes with crackers and we were expecting a small bowl of grapes and a few yellow (probably cheddar) cheese chunks with a couple of crackers. This is what she got!

She was thrilled, to say the least! I don't know what cheeses were looks like muenster, cheddar, and something else???) on there but she loved being able to try them and that it looked like an adult plate not a baby plate...she's all about not being a baby!

Lou did not see anything that jumped out at him as something he was familiar or comfortable with so he opted for the most "normal" thing he could find...

...the Arancini (Crispy Risotto with Crimini Mushrooms, Asiago, and Charred Tomato Coulis). We decided it was good. Basically a fried rice ball sort of thing. Sounds a lot more intricate than it tasted. Off the dining plan, I don't know that we'd order it but on the plan again, we would definately order this one again.

And I had the Sautéed Shrimp with Lemon, White Wine, Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese.

It was really good. Tyler even tried one of the shrimp (and he does not usually do "cooked" shrimp) and liked it, although did not want any more. The shrimp were very fresh tasting and even not being a fan of feta, it was so subtle it worked with the dish.

For our entrees, Tyler had the kid's Pasta with Marinara Sauce.

It was the typical Disney Pasta they love and with all the other food to share in, it was plenty for him.

Skye had the kid's Macaroni and Cheese (I know, you never would have guessed, right?)...

It was the kind she likes...almost like California Grill but not quite!

I had the Oak-grilled Filet of Beef with Spanish Onions, Peppadew and Banana Peppers, Quattro Formaggi-Potato Puree, and Glace de Viande...

And it was mmm, mmm, good! Tyler snagged some of my meat and he loved it too! He said next time that's what he's getting. He even liked the sauce and he is generally a "no sauce" kind of a guy!

Lou opted for the Pan-seared Florida Black Grouper with Squash Risotto, Red Pearl Onion, Globe Carrot, Red Watercress, and Lemon-Thyme Broth.

He really liked it. It was fresh and pretty. he was not sure about the risotto at first but in the end liked it. I don't know if the menu has changed slightly or maybe it is just not mentioned but his had shrimp in the risotto and scallops...I stole one of those! It was really well done. Scallops are hard to get just right but these were!

We were able ot take our time and relax throughout dinner and that was really nice. Even as late as it was, there were still quite a few people, including kids, in the venue.

And somewhere in there we starting laughing at this...

...and yes, of course, we took pictures...and laughed some more. She was pretty funny. She had eaten about a third of her mac & cheese and was barley holding her head out of it. Lou moved her to be leaning back on her chair and we had her food boxed up for later. It came back in this...

For dessert Lou had Warm Chocolate-Banana Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream and Handcrafted Belgium Couverture Chocolate Crown

It was very pretty and tasted really good. Again, nothing here really jumped out at him so we ordered different things to share. I probably liked this more than he did.

I got Lemon-scented Cheesecake - with a blanket of White Chocolate Ganache...

Again, very pretty but it seemed different than the last time I had it. Maybe I was just building it up in my head but I was a tad disappointed. Now, don't get me wrong, it was definately an awesome dessert it just wasn't what I remembered exactly.

And Sleeping Beauty, I mean Skyler, ordered the kid's White Chocolate Oreo Mousse...

And this was the clear winner in the dessert round! I think Tyler and I fought over it. Skye would not wake up and did not even remember seeing it when she did finally awaken. And we did try to wake her up...really, we did! But that mousse was just wonderful...needless to say, that plate was cleaned when we left!

We had great service from Michael M. and had a nice relaxing evening. The kids were not made to feel out of place (although the are very well behaved in restaurants) and they had a good time too, that is until one of them fell asleep! There were some people in park attire in there and while I wish people would dress the part, it did not take away from our enjoyment of our dinner.

Out total on the Dining Plan was $151.97 and we paid out of pocket for the two Newcastles and Tyler's pasta which was $21.84 and the $30.00 tip...YIKES! We used 4 adult credits and 2 kid's credits...and it was all well worth it!

Our receipt says it was 10:40pm when we finally left.

Skye loved her bag and was very careful with it on the trip back to the room. She ate the rest of her mac & cheese when we got there and was mad that we did not bring her dessert home with us instead of eating it. Then she carefully folded up her pretty bag from Citricos and it followed us home.

FANTASTIC Jailhouse Rock pics. And congrats to Skye on her wonderful performance and awards!

I appreciate your review of Citricos. I'm not sure what we're going to order there. I keep thinking that the menu is not that appealing, but it continues to rank as one of the best Disney has to offer. Were there any nightly specials you can remember?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter