• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 days of Deluxe Dining With Two Adults, One Disney Adult, One Child, And A Platypus

Just discovered your report! Thanks for sharing everything! It has inspired me to make a few last minute changes to our dining plan...ADR's in two days! More please!popcorn::

I have enjoyed your report!!!! love the pics and you have lovely children!!

We are just begging to plan our next trip to the World and I am looking forward to trying new places this time!! You have given me a couple of good ideas!!!

I have never tried MM. We usually do 50's, HBD, and Sci Fi. I may have to make an ADR for our next trip.

I needed to write a reply because I just sat here reading every review you posted for over an hour!!! I feel like part of your family now lol I to was a dancer and I got the amazing opportunity to dance in the magic kingdom in tomorrow land! Its a memory I will cherish forever! I'm going to Disney in July for my honeymoon! We are going for 3 weeks!!! But just the Disney Plan not Deluxe.. I'm trying to make one sit down ADR lol it's hard to plan out every day! I think i'm going to do what you did it looks fun :) :cool1:

I'm trying guys!!!

I found I am missing the next day's pictures from the first part of the day...don't worry, I have them, they just didn't get transfered to a disk do I have to do that so I can post the next day....

Your reviews are fantastic! I love how they are so detailed. And I love that your kids eat so well!

So, the first part was you and your two kids, and then you checked out and checked-in with your DH and you had DxDP for the two parts? I think I got that? If so, did you have any problems during your last day of the first part (at Cali Grill or Whispering Canyon-WCC) with having fewer people on your KTTW card than people dining? Any problems sharing at Cali Grill or using an extra credit at WCC?

I needed to write a reply because I just sat here reading every review you posted for over an hour!!! I feel like part of your family now lol I to was a dancer and I got the amazing opportunity to dance in the magic kingdom in tomorrow land! Its a memory I will cherish forever! I'm going to Disney in July for my honeymoon! We are going for 3 weeks!!! But just the Disney Plan not Deluxe.. I'm trying to make one sit down ADR lol it's hard to plan out every day! I think i'm going to do what you did it looks fun :) :cool1:

Congrats!

Unfortunately, Skye's team is probably not going on the trip now because of lack of participation. I just don't know why you sign your kids up for a traveling dance team and don't save the money or the time to TRAVEL!!!! I don't get it. Skye is very disappointed to say the least!

The main thing that turns me off from the regular plan is the no appetizer thing...half the time, that is the fun part! Have fun! Three weeks is our next goal...we're getting close...this trip being our longers at 16 nights...

Your reviews are fantastic! I love how they are so detailed. And I love that your kids eat so well!

So, the first part was you and your two kids, and then you checked out and checked-in with your DH and you had DxDP for the two parts? I think I got that? If so, did you have any problems during your last day of the first part (at Cali Grill or Whispering Canyon-WCC) with having fewer people on your KTTW card than people dining? Any problems sharing at Cali Grill or using an extra credit at WCC?

Yes, me and the kids on Deluxe dining for 6 nights and then all four of us on deluxe dining for 9 nights. On the day we checked out of our ASMo package, we only had the three meals left that we used at Boma for breakfast...and a bunch of snacks. When we checked in at Caribbean Beach after breakfast at Boma we received our new cards and thus our new dining plan. Whispering Canyon and California Grill were on the new plan. After California Grill we used our left over snack credits just before midnight at the Confectionary on Main Street. That was the only place we had trouble and that was because the register was showing we had no snack credits left when they tried to ring us out. I knew we had 14 left so the manager came out and just ran a balance check and could tell we did in fact have 14 left (it said so on the receipt it printed) so we were able to over ride the machine and use the rest of our snack credits fro mpackage #1. Other than that, we just had to make sure we pulled out the correct card. It was really no problem at all. Was never an issue with one extra person because we were using the plan that had 3 adults and one child on it. And actually, Tyler only ordered a flatbread at California Grill and we paid for it out of pocket so we technically only used 2 adult and 1 child's credit there.

Hope that made sense!

Congrats!

Unfortunately, Skye's team is probably not going on the trip now because of lack of participation. I just don't know why you sign your kids up for a traveling dance team and don't save the money or the time to TRAVEL!!!! I don't get it. Skye is very disappointed to say the least!

The main thing that turns me off from the regular plan is the no appetizer thing...half the time, that is the fun part! Have fun! Three weeks is our next goal...we're getting close...this trip being our longers at 16 nights...
!

Well now you can go to Disney instead for 3 weeks lol JK that would be amazing :) :banana:

I am trying to play all our ADR for the upcoming trip and spotted your TR. I started it with the thought it was probably going to be long done since your trip was last year. :) I am happy to see you are still working on it. :yay:

I just finished your dinner at Flying Fish, which is one of the restaurants we want to try. The food looked great and it sounds like a nice spot to have our anniversary dinner. What do you think?

I am hanging in here to enjoy your whole vacation. Just please don't leave us hanging! :hug: We are a hungry group here!!! :rotfl:

Angel16

Subbing!:goodvibes I cannot believe all the food you guys ate! I would be so bloated! Looking forward to the rest of your report. It's going to help me pick out some new restaurants to try for our next trip:thumbsup2

I've really enjoyed reading your post's about all the Disney dining. We will be going to Disneyworld for the first time in November this year. We have been to Disneyland before but we stayed offsite, and really didn't eat at any of the Disney places. Your posts have really helped me decide on some ADR's.

We have purchased the Disney dining plan, and just noticed it does not include appetizers. I did however notice that for most of the meals you had at dinner it came with bread. Is bread complimentary or do you have to purchase it? When we go out to dinner we generally just have bread as our entree (which i believe is referred to as appetizer in America), but you have to pay for bread here in Australia. We would be happy to purchase bread outside of our dining plan if we had to. We can't justify spending another $600 to go onto the deluxe plan, we plan on getting grocery's for breakfast so really don't need the additional table service credit etc. Not to mention we will be coming off a 2 week long cruise and imagine we will probably be all foodied out as it is.

Thanks for your great reviews and help :)

I've really enjoyed reading your post's about all the Disney dining. We will be going to Disneyworld for the first time in November this year. We have been to Disneyland before but we stayed offsite, and really didn't eat at any of the Disney places. Your posts have really helped me decide on some ADR's.

We have purchased the Disney dining plan, and just noticed it does not include appetizers. I did however notice that for most of the meals you had at dinner it came with bread. Is bread complimentary or do you have to purchase it? When we go out to dinner we generally just have bread as our entree (which i believe is referred to as appetizer in America), but you have to pay for bread here in Australia. We would be happy to purchase bread outside of our dining plan if we had to. We can't justify spending another $600 to go onto the deluxe plan, we plan on getting grocery's for breakfast so really don't need the additional table service credit etc. Not to mention we will be coming off a 2 week long cruise and imagine we will probably be all foodied out as it is.

Thanks for your great reviews and help :)

Not the OP but bread is usually included in the price of meal in the US. There are a few places I think that don't have complimentary bread but not many. At Sanaa and Kouzzina there's a bread service that you that's extra but it includes special breads and dips. Most places you'll get bread and butter with your meal at no extra cost. :)

I'm still working on it, I've just had a ton going on around here!

Bad news is Skye's dance trip to Disneyland was cancelled for lack of participation...

Good news is that that means I can plan a Disneyworld trip sooner than expected!!!!

So while I am very disappointed for her that she is missing out on such an awesome opportunity (believe me they don't come easily around here!) I am much more excited about a World trip on the horizon than I was about a Land trip...I'm thinking Christmastime for as long as I can swing it...checking into December 22 thru January 6 as I believe that is the time the kids are out of school for winter break...and as long as we are talking going at the most crowded time and the most expensive time, I may as well put us in a position to relax and not let the crowds bother us too much so the longer the trip the most we can let a half day as a park roll off our backs and venture out to other things or just to the hotel to relax or whatever. Of course since we would be going at that time, we will most likely be doing it without a dining plan becasue they most likely will not offer any free dining so it will be interesting blending our new found love (well new in the last 4 or 5 years) of Disney Dining with our old way of touring that did not consist of much more than counter service dining to get an affordable trip. So whatcha think? Any Christmastime suggestions? Any help to offer?

But I have been trying to get back to our regularly scheduled program so hopefully in the next few days i will...hang in there with me please!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter