• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Days of Disney Dining – TS, CS, & Snacks – LOTS of Photos! COMPLETE THROUGH DAY 10

Just found your review and read the first 3 pages. ITA about Coral Reef - this was the worst meal of our trip last Sept. (other than the chocolate wave). We'll be at Pop for part of your trip (9/6-9/15). I am now thinking about adding Kona Cafe to our ADRs. You made it sound so good. Thanks for the helpful reviews.

I've made our ADRs for our upcoming trip:

Kona Café 9/1/07 5:00 PM
Boma 9/2/07 5:40 PM
Akershus Princess Breakfast 9/3/07 10:15 AM
Garden Grill 9/3/07 5:50 PM
Mama Melrose Fantasmic 9/4/07 5:10 PM
Crystal Palace 9/5/07 6:10 PM
Planet Hollywood 9/6/07 6:00 PM
Ohana 9/7/07 6:30 PM
Rose & Crown 9/8/07 7:30 PM

Trying some new places this time; will take notes and write a full report when we return!

I've made our ADRs for our upcoming trip:

Kona Café 9/1/07 5:00 PM
Boma 9/2/07 5:40 PM
Akershus Princess Breakfast 9/3/07 10:15 AM
Garden Grill 9/3/07 5:50 PM
Mama Melrose Fantasmic 9/4/07 5:10 PM
Crystal Palace 9/5/07 6:10 PM
Planet Hollywood 9/6/07 6:00 PM
Ohana 9/7/07 6:30 PM
Rose & Crown 9/8/07 7:30 PM

Trying some new places this time; will take notes and write a full report when we return!

Yum, those sound good! I've actually never been to most of those! :sad2: I've been to Rose & Crown and Crystal Palace (my favorite!). I can't wait for the reviews! Also, I remember you saying Liberty Tree Tavern is a must-do for your family, but it doesn't look like you're going in September. Any reason?

I remember you saying Liberty Tree Tavern is a must-do for your family, but it doesn't look like you're going in September. Any reason?

We are only in Magic Kingdom 3 days this time (we only get base tickets; no hoppers) and we are going to Kona and OHana on 2 of those days (short monorail ride). We had to decide between LTT and Crystal Palace for our other day. Because we are going to Garden Grill and seeing Mickey and the gang, we chose Crystal Palace for the Pooh characters. I was so torn! I actually prefer LTT's food, it was just a character decision (DD2 LOVES Pooh and the gang). We will miss LTT on this trip, but are looking forward to it in 2008!

We are only in Magic Kingdom 3 days this time (we only get base tickets; no hoppers) and we are going to Kona and OHana on 2 of those days (short monorail ride). We had to decide between LTT and Crystal Palace for our other day. Because we are going to Garden Grill and seeing Mickey and the gang, we chose Crystal Palace for the Pooh characters. I was so torn! I actually prefer LTT's food, it was just a character decision (DD2 LOVES Pooh and the gang). We will miss LTT on this trip, but are looking forward to it in 2008!

I understand, I know it's so tough to make dining decisions! I assume you're on the DDP this time as well. We are too, and my guess is we will probably pay for a table service or two out of pocket because we love all the amazing themed dining! :laughing: I am still debating over Kona. I've heard a lot of great things about it, but nobody in our group going eats beef/pork, and I heard that a lot of their menu is red meat. Hmm...

I assume you're on the DDP this time as well.....I am still debating over Kona. I've heard a lot of great things about it, but nobody in our group going eats beef/pork, and I heard that a lot of their menu is red meat. Hmm...

Yes we are on the DDP again (I don't know how we'll ever pay for food at DisneyWorld)!

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Kona. It is one of our absolute favorites. Check this link for their dinner menu:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_kcd.htm

Also, see my review on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=15222938&postcount=23

They have several non-beef/pork entrees, including Macadamia Mahi Mahi, Coconut Almond Chicken, Shrimp & Scallops, Herb Roasted Turkey Medallions, Pan Asian Noodles, & Vegetable Rice Bowl.

Enjoy!

Let me first say, I reallly enjoyed your reviews. They were very up beat and lively. They made me feel like I was back at the mouse house. We were looking for ways to do two CS at lunch so that we could do two CS for breakfast on the days we were eating late. You have great ideas. I do have one question. I saw a picture of two very large sandwiches you had for lunch at I believe it was Epcot. They looked like submarines. One looks to be on different bread but is long like the other. About how long would you say these sandwiches are. They look like an entire loaf of Italian Bread :love: . I have two DS one is 12, the other 6. It is a little more difficult to split food with a 12 year old and boys....lets just say they can really eat. Those sandwiches, however look like I can feed my entire family on one (I would get two). I was thinking this way we can get two large breakfasts and split them in the morning. We are a three meal a day family looking for all the ways to best utilize free dining. Your post was a great help.

Thanks for the great reviews K & L's Mom! :thumbsup2 DBF and I are excited for our upcoming trip 11/30-12/7/07. We are on the dining plan and can't wait! A lot of the restaurants you reviewed, we were thinking about making ressie's for. Our trip is still 7 months away but I can't wait to start making our ADR's. Thanks for the great info and tips. I really enjoyed reading your reviews. :)

We were looking for ways to do two CS at lunch so that we could do two CS for breakfast on the days we were eating late. You have great ideas. I do have one question. I saw a picture of two very large sandwiches you had for lunch at I believe it was Epcot. They looked like submarines. One looks to be on different bread but is long like the other. About how long would you say these sandwiches are. They look like an entire loaf of Italian Bread :love: . I have two DS one is 12, the other 6. It is a little more difficult to split food with a 12 year old and boys....lets just say they can really eat. Those sandwiches, however look like I can feed my entire family on one (I would get two). I was thinking this way we can get two large breakfasts and split them in the morning. We are a three meal a day family looking for all the ways to best utilize free dining. Your post was a great help.

Do you mean this:

100_0702.jpg

This picture is from the Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot (France). You can get 2 items (mix & match sandwiches/pastries/fruit & cheese plate) plus a drink for a CS credit there. The long sandwich is a ham and cheese. It was probably a foot long, comparable to Subway. It doesn't have as many "fillers" (veggies) as a Subway sandwich and was not as filling (although it was very good). I think the best places for "sharing" CS credits (largest portions) are:

Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)

Tangierine Cafe (Epcot - Morocco)

Cosmic Ray's (Magic Kingdom)

Tusker House (Animal Kingdom)

Resort Food Courts (especially the larger ones at the All Stars, Coronado Springs (Pepper Market - you can even get a ribeye dinner for a CS credit) & Pop Century)

Check out this link for menus for all the restaurants:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

Have fun on your trip!!

Thanks for the reviews. They were great. I look forward to you next ones which will be before we get to go in Dec. I would love to go for free dinning, but DS & DH didn't want to miss soccer season and DD wanted to see the Christmas decorations. So I wait.

Just rediscovered your thread! We were at Disney last Sept. too. and we are going back also Sept 1-8 staying at POP. With a family of five, you can not beat free dining. We also use TGM so we'll probably see you there! :cool1:
Susan

Okay, we are sooooo going to be at the Pepper Market. Ribeye is the clincher. We love a good steak. You seemed to eat your TS early, were you hungry later on? We have mostly 6:20's and 7:00 and one 8:00. We figure we can skimp a little on breakfast since we are always in a hurry to get to the park and I've seen 64 oz of orange juice and 1/2 gallons of milk on the snack credit list. We may go shopping around when we first arrive to have some things in the room and I may even bring some things like a bag of bagels. If we do that early we should be ready for a large lunch rather early. Are you going to share this time around since your little one will be three and on the plan also?

Just rediscovered your thread! We were at Disney last Sept. too. and we are going back also Sept 1-8 staying at POP. With a family of five, you can not beat free dining. We also use TGM so we'll probably see you there! :cool1:
Susan

Yes, we will probably see you there!! We only go to parks on TGM green days and are always at the parks for rope drop so I'm sure we'll be bumping into each other a lot!

Okay, we are sooooo going to be at the Pepper Market. Ribeye is the clincher. We love a good steak. You seemed to eat your TS early, were you hungry later on? We have mostly 6:20's and 7:00 and one 8:00. We figure we can skimp a little on breakfast since we are always in a hurry to get to the park and I've seen 64 oz of orange juice and 1/2 gallons of milk on the snack credit list. We may go shopping around when we first arrive to have some things in the room and I may even bring some things like a bag of bagels. If we do that early we should be ready for a large lunch rather early. Are you going to share this time around since your little one will be three and on the plan also?

Even though we have early dinners, you get sooooooo much food (appetizer, entree, & dessert OR full buffet) we were rarely hungry later. If so, we just used a snack credit for something or snacked in our room before bed.

We also brought some things for breakfast in the room (pop tarts, cereal bars, etc.) or DH would go to the food court and bring back 1 or 2 platters for us to share while we were getting ready. We don't like to take a lot of time for breakfast because we like to get to the parks at rope drop (MUCH better for low crowds and temps in September!) and we're not big breakfast eaters anyway. If your family are big breakfast eaters and you think you will use all your CS credits at lunch, I would suggest buying a few breakfast platters at the food courts out of pocket - they're relatively inexpensive ($4-$5) and using your counter service credits for them is really not cost effective because you're not allowed a dessert with breakfasts like you are with lunch or dinners. And if you're at your resort, you can either eat in your room with your drinks you already have (the milk and juice you mentioned earlier), or use your refillable mugs (GREAT investment).

Actually, our youngest daughter will not turn 3 until September 29 and we are there the first week of September, so she will still not have any credits. Our oldest daughter doesn't eat very large portions, so between our 3 credits we will have plenty to share with DD2.

Remember, there is going to be a LOT of food that will be available on the DDP! You will probably have some leftover credits to use up on your last day, believe it or not!

We have a late dinner at Ohana on our arrival night 8:20 we will probably catch a cab. Did you have to call one or where they just sitting outside of Ohana's??

We have a late dinner at Ohana on our arrival night 8:20 we will probably catch a cab. Did you have to call one or where they just sitting outside of Ohana's??

There were cabs sitting outside the Polynesian. If there aren't any, the bellman will call one for you.

enjoyed your writing immensely, this will be our 2nd trip to dw in aug. i found your thread to be better then those on the other sites. way to go! we will definitely try whispering canyon. thanks again:rolleyes1

WOW!!!:worship: That was such a great review, thanks so much for taking the time to share all this with us!!!

Love your DDP report!! :banana: I am planning our next trip and was kinda on the fence with the DDP and your report made me realize I'd love to try it!! :love: We are going for 2 weeks in August 2008 (I know, I know...15 months away but I LOVE planning and want to get EVERYTHING right! :goodvibes )Now I have a question for you, can you go to more than 1 character meal during your trip? (I want to do the Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter