• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Days of Disney Dining – TS, CS, & Snacks – LOTS of Photos! COMPLETE THROUGH DAY 10

kaylie&laurensmom

I am addicted to Mickey
Let me start off by saying this is my first full-fledged dining report, so please be gentle! I really enjoyed reading other reviews before our trip as they really helped me plan out our meals, so I thought I would return the favor AND I will enjoy writing it as I relive every bite!

We were at DisneyWorld September 23 – October 2 and we were on the dining plan. We LOVE the dining plan! This was our second trip with the plan and we are definitely spoiled; I don’t think we could go without it now! I will break down costs for each meal, but in summary our total food costs for our family of 4 (had we paid for items charged to the plan) were $1,330.07!! Had we paid for the plan, it would have cost us $833.61 for a savings of $496.46. However, because we went in September and booked the special package, we ate over $1,300 worth of free food!!!

TS RESTAURANTS THAT WILL BE REVIEWED:

1. LIBERTY TREE TAVERN CHARACTER DINNER ~ MAGIC KINGDOM
  2. WHISPERING CANYON CAFE ~ WILDERNESS LODGE
  3. AKERSHUS (NORWAY) PRINCESS STORYBOOK BREAKFAST ~ EPCOT
  4. CORAL REEF ~ EPCOT
  5. CRYSTAL PALACE ~ MAGIC KINGDOM
  6. KONA CAFE ~ POLYNESIAN
  7. MAMA MELROSE (FANTASMIC PACKAGE) ~ MGM STUDIOS
  8. 'OHANA DINNER ~ POLYNESIAN
  9. SAN ANGEL INN (MEXICO) ~ EPCOT
  10. CAP'N JACK'S ~ DOWNTOWN DISNEY

CS RESTAURANTS THAT WILL BE REVIEWED:

1. Everything POP ~ Pop Century
  2. Toy Story Pizza Planet ~ MGM Studios
  3. Tusker House ~ Animal Kingdom
  4. Boulangerie Patasserie (France) ~ Epcot
  5. Leaning Palms ~ Typhoon Lagoon
  6. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café ~ Magic Kingdom
  7. Main St. Bakery ~ Magic Kingdom

Cast:
Me – I enjoy most everything but am not a big vegetable eater
DH – Will eat just about anything
DD7 – Very picky, loves Mac & Cheese
DD2 – Eats more than her sister

And joining us for on day 2 for 7 of our 10 days (I do not have $$ totals for them):
DB (my brother) – restaurant manager; enjoys gourmet cooking as a hobby
DSIL (his wife) – EXTREMELY picky, loves chocolate

Day 1 Lunch – Everything POP

Me – Parmesan Chicken, Lunar Cheesecake
DH – Chicken Penne Alfredo, Chocolate Cake
DD7 – shared with us, had some of each
DD2 – slept through this meal

Both chicken entrees were very good, this is a great value for CS credits. We all enjoyed everything. We got DD2 some corn dog nuggets ($3.59 OOP) from Casey’s Corner when we arrived at MK, but she did not like them and we ended up trashing them. They looked like Vienna sausages in cornbread batter. We hope to try Casey’s hot dogs on our next trip.

Cost – 2 CS credits = $28.71

Day 1 Dinner – Liberty Tree Tavern

We had a 5:55 ADR and checked in around 5:45. We waited about 5 minutes, and were seated in an elevated section - we had the best seat in the section, right at the only window. Cheryl was our server, very personable and attentive. The starters were salad and bread – these were just your ordinary salad and bread, other than the yummy vinaigrette. The dinner consisted of turkey, ham, roast beef, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and mac & cheese. All were delicious! We ate 2 bowls of the mac & cheese and had seconds of all the meats. Nobody touched the green beans except DH, and he thought they were OK, nothing special. The apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream was out of this world. Character interaction was wonderful – we were visited more than once by each one (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, & Dale). DD2 was very excited to see them as long as they stayed across the room! Her birthday was later this week, and they had noted this on our reservation. Our table was covered with Mickey confetti and they brought her a cupcake, sang Happy Birthday, and gave us a card signed by all the characters. Liberty Tree Tavern is now on our must-do list for Magic Kingdom and we can’t wait to return!

Cost – 3 TS credits = $85.87

012_12.jpg

004_4.jpg

015_15.jpg

Coming up next: Day 2 - Starring Rolls, Toy Story Pizza Planet, & Whispering Canyon Cafe

Day 2 Breakfast (Starring Rolls) and Lunch (Toy Story Pizza Planet)

Breakfast was a cinnamon roll, double chocolate muffin, & chocolate croissant. Very fresh and tasty. We paid OOP for an OJ and Sprite.

Cost – 3 snacks = $7.32

The 4 of us shared 2 meal deals (one cheese and one pepperoni pizza). These came with salads and large drinks, and we got a big cookie and a Mickey rice krispie treat for dessert. PLENTY of food! The pizza was surprisingly delicious! Very, very good. DD2 really enjoyed the salad, which had cherry tomatoes. The only problem here was seating – we made the mistake of arriving at noon and there were no inside tables! We ate outside and it wasn’t too bad, but we sure would have enjoyed the air conditioning. We will return here, but will arrive earlier next time!

Cost – 2 CS credits = $26.25

Now for my smoothie saga. While waiting in line for a smoothie at the snack stand in front of Rock N Roller coaster, a teenage boy (around 16) went to the front of the line and told the CM he had spilled his smoothies. He didn’t even have the empty cups! I bit my tongue as I wanted to tell him to go to the back of the line. I could tell she was leery but went ahead and gave him 2 more. Then, the lady directly in front of me got the last smoothie! They were out of ice and told me to come back in 20 minutes. I had already been standing in line for 15 minutes and was annoyed, so I just left and we went to the Tower of Terror. Who do I see in line at ToT throwing smoothies at each other but the teenage boy and his friends!!! I was fuming – in my mind this boy had just stolen smoothies to throw at his friends, while my 2 children were disappointed and thirsty! After we rode ToT, I went back to the smoothie stand and got a very delicious strawberry-banana smoothie and told the CM what happened. She basically said she didn’t really believe him, but she didn’t know for sure if he was lying or not so she just went ahead and gave them to the boy. Cost – 1 snack = $3.79

Day 2 Dinner – Whispering Canyon Café

We were celebrating DH’s 30th birthday tonight and this is the first meal my DB and DSIL enjoyed with us.

Me – Sweet Chili Wings, NY Strip Steak, bottomless chocolate shake (they were out of orange), chocolate cake
DH – Skillet, Apple Caramel pie, Coke
DD7 – Mac and cheese kid’s meal, root beer (paid OOP $9.49)
DD2 – shared with everyone, milk (paid OOP $3.35)
DB – Skillet, Apple Caramel pie, Coke
DSIL – Mixed greens, Chicken pasta, chocolate cake, root beer

Let me start by saying this was DH, DB, & DSIL’s favorite restaurant of the trip and my 2nd favorite! We had a 7:00 ADR and arrived a little late (7:20). The boat ride was very nice from MK. We were given a beeper and proceeded to look around the lobby and gift shop – what a beautiful resort! We are planning on staying here on our next trip in 2008 (we are waiting on DD2 to reach 40 inches)! We were seated around 7:45. Our server was Lazy Susan – she was hilarious and a wonderful server!! DH and DB devoured their skillet – they were given one to share and had one refill, so they each ate an entire skillet (with DD2 eating a little)! DD7 thoroughly enjoyed her mac & cheese and fruit, DD2 loved everything (especially the cornbread – see pic), and my wings and steak were outstanding! The steak was ordered medium and cooked to perfection. The chicken pasta was the only dish of the entire trip that DSIL really enjoyed – she is very picky about meat and the rest of the trip she just picked at everything and survived on salads and chocolate cake. DD7 enjoyed the pony races and other activities. I had pre-ordered a birthday cake with raspberry filling – Lazy Susan had the entire restaurant sing Happy Birthday to DH and wave their napkins when she brought it out (OOP cost for cake = $20 + tax/tip $24.90). While the singing was going on, DD2 threw the crayon holder (a metal cup) at Lazy Susan (thank goodness she missed)! Lazy Susan started wailing and crying in the microphone like she was hurt, I thought I was going to die! We were so stuffed we had all our desserts boxed to go (they were great for breakfast the next day). As we were heading out to the boat dock, we had perfect timing and were able to watch the Electrical Water Parade for the 1st time. Everything about this meal was OUTSTANDING – another must do! If you don’t like to have a loud, fun time, avoid this place!

Cost – 2 TS credits = $86.45 (excluding DB, DSIL, & OOP costs listed above)

051_51.jpg

053_53.jpg

052_52.jpg

050_50.jpg

049_49.jpg

056_56.jpg

Coming up next - Princess Storybook Breakfast and Coral Reef

Great Report!

Question to all....I'm not seeing (or able to open) any pictures. Am I the only one?

Thanks! (oh and keep the report coming...you manage the DDP similarly to our family.)

hound :thumbsup2

I have fixed the pictures I think - I switched to Photobucket from Kodak Gallery. Thanks all for the kind words!

Am staying at Pop , and want to try the chicken. How is the Twinkie Tiramusi? Also planning on LTT your review was great Thanks!!

english rose 47 said:
Am staying at Pop , and want to try the chicken. How is the Twinkie Tiramusi? Also planning on LTT your review was great Thanks!!

Both chicken dishes were excellent at POP! Sorry, we did not try the Tiramisu, we just ate chocolate cakes and cheesecakes. Have fun on your trip!

The photobucket thingy did the trick K & L Mom. The pictures are great (& the kiddos are cute).

Only one comment - "Boxed up the deserts & had them for breakfast the next morning"...hmmm....
Is that what they taught you at Parent Nutritional School???? :rolleyes1

On the other hand...... it is vacation :woohoo: ........& it's DisneyWorld.... :banana:
Desert for Breakfast :dance3: .......bouncing on the bed :yay:
....& taking a swim in the pool (instead of an evening bath) :teeth: .....are all allowed! :cool1:

hound :smokin:

Hound 109 said:
Only one comment - "Boxed up the deserts & had them for breakfast the next morning"...hmmm....
Is that what they taught you at Parent Nutritional School???? :rolleyes1

Yes, desserts for breakfast are allowed at DisneyWorld! That's one of the things that makes it so great. :sunny:

Actually, I figured chocolate cake and apple pie had about the same nutritional value as a muffin or chocolate croissant! We do eat a few healthier breakfasts later in the trip...stay tuned..........

Your detail is great - just what I look for in a dining review :thumbsup2

Anxiously awaiting more....

Day 3 “Brunch” - Norway Akershus Princess Storybook Dining

Breakfast today was our leftover desserts from WCC – yummy!

We had a 10:20 reservation for the Princess breakfast and arrived around 10:10. We were called to take pictures with Belle (these pictures turned out GREAT and I'm a big sucker for pictures so we bought the package) around 10:25 and were seated by 10:35. Our server was Georg (no E) – he was OK, he was a “low talker” and we couldn’t hear him when he spoke the few words he uttered. Also not good about refills, we often had to flag him down. Juice & water were served in wine glasses – nice touch. Fruit (grapes, strawberries, & melons) and caramel/cinnamon rolls were brought out first. All I can say about the rolls – WOW! These were delicious. The breakfast platter was then brought out (biscuits, sausage, bacon, eggs, & potatoes). Everything tasted very good - DD2 loved the fruit and biscuits and the caramel rolls were our absolute favorite – we had 3 plates! Just to let you know, we have been to Cinderella’s Royal Table breakfast on our past 2 trips, and the food at Akershus is actually a LOT better than the Royal Table. We enjoyed everything a lot more. The Royal Table is still #1 for overall ambiance though – you can’t beat eating in the castle.

The princesses at this meal were Jasmine, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, & Belle in the lobby. We had great interaction with all – they really spent a good amount of time with the girls. DD2 is much less afraid of the face characters and did not scream when they came near her! We were one of the last tables in the restaurant before they cleared for lunch so I’m sure that had a lot to do with it. We had never seen Jasmine & Mulan before so that was a great bonus.

Checkout – DSIL was not feeling good at all, she had been up all night with stomach problems (she thinks she just wasn’t used to all the rich foods she ate at WCC as she had been dieting before the trip). She did not eat anything at the breakfast and only drank water. I asked Georg if it would be possible not to use a credit for her for this reason and he had no problem with this. We used one of our credits to pay for DB for this meal, so for those wondering if it’s possible to use credits for those not in your party, we did here. When we got our receipt, it showed Georg used a credit for DD2. I brought this to his attention as she is supposed to be free – he went to get the manager while the rest of the party went outside to wait for me. It took around 15 minutes to get this cleared up as the manager was filling in and not familiar with the system (or so he said). A little annoying – I learned on this trip if you have credit problems, just save your receipt and get it taken care of at your hotel’s concierge desk.

Overall – we enjoyed the “brunch” and will definitely return!

Cost – 4 TS credits (Me, DH, DD7, & DB) = $102.04

Sorry, I don't have food pictures but here are some princesses:

061_61.jpg

070_70.jpg

068_68.jpg

066_66.jpg

063_63.jpg

Afternoon snacks: we paid $2.50 OOP for a popsicle, and we had a pretzel from the cart in front of Mission:Space. I have the receipt for the pretzel, but after analyzing my final bill/printout from POP, I see they never charged us a snack credit for it. So, the cost was around $3, but apparently we got it for free.

100_0581.jpg

Day 3 Dinner – Coral Reef

This was the ONLY meal out of 10 TS restaurants that we HATED! This was a huge disappointment. A picture speaks a thousand words:

100_0594.jpg

Our ADR was at 5:20, we arrived about 5:10 and we were not seated until 6:00! This is not good when you have a very antsy DD2 and a complaining DD7. The seating area in the lobby is very insufficient – we had to sit on the floor and the place was packed. We were finally seated on the second tier (a pretty good view – we saw lots of fish, a huge turtle, stingrays, and divers). Our server was Raphael – he was absolutely HORRIBLE. The worst service of our entire trip. You could tell he did not want to be there from the second he came to take our drink orders (only regular sodas allowed, no smoothies or flavored sodas) after we had been sitting at our table for over 10 minutes. After our dinners were brought out, we did not see him again until after we had finished and waited an additional 10 minutes to flag him down and order dessert and drink refills.

Me – Lobster bisque, shrimp pasta, chocolate wave
DH – Lobster bisque, NY strip steak, chocolate wave
DB – Smoked fish chowder, mahi mahi, butterscotch brulee
DSIL – Caesar salad, vegetable strudel
DD7 & DD2 – shared with everyone, paid OOP for Shirley Temples (around $6 total)

Good news first – the appetizers were VERY good (love that lobster bisque) and the chocolate wave was one of the best desserts for this trip. DH and the girls really enjoyed his steak and au gratin potatoes (the girls also loved the bisque, my shrimp, and the bread). That’s all the good news I have.

Bad news: I ordered the shrimp pasta with the vegetables on the side as I am picky about vegetables. Instead, they put the shrimp on the side. So I picked out the vegetables (mostly celery which I hate) and ate the shrimp, which was OK. The pasta had no sauce. My fault for not reading more carefully or asking – but I do not enjoy dry noodles. YUK. DB said the mahi mahi was very bland, and there was no salt or pepper on the table. DSIL asked could she get the vegetable strudel with no mushrooms – Raphael said no, it’s premade. DB (as a restaurant manager) thought this was unusual as most restaurants can accommodate special requests if asked. She took one bite of the strudel and that was it. It was 90% mushrooms – she couldn’t find any zucchini or squash as listed on the menu. Because we didn’t see Raphael again until everyone had finished eating, she couldn’t order something else. When he finally came back, she told him she couldn’t eat the strudel and could she just pay for the salad and not use a credit. He said, in a very snotty tone, “ok I guess – but you should have told me and I could have gotten you something else”. Well, how could we tell him if we hadn’t seen him since (which she said to him)? He just huffed off.

Overall, we would absolutely not return here. Mostly bad food, horrible service. Next time we will look at the fish from the Living Seas pavilion and try out the Garden Grill.

Cost – 2 TS credits = $112.46 (outrageously overpriced!) please remember cost totals are for our party only, I do not have totals for DB & DSIL

Fish Soup:
100_0587.jpg

Lobster Bisque:
100_0586.jpg

My princesses enjoying their Shirley Temples:
100_0584.jpg

Vegetable Strudel:
100_0588.jpg

Steak:
100_0590.jpg

Shrimp Pasta:
100_0591.jpg

Mahi Mahi:
100_0589.jpg

Desserts:
100_0592.jpg

100_0593.jpg

We went around the World Showcase after dinner, and DH and DB had a pint of Guiness and Stella Artois respectively from Rose & Crown UK pub. OOP cost = $16.91 including tip.

Coming up next: Main Street Bakery, Aloha Isle, & Crystal Palace dinner

kaylie&laurensmom said:
Day 3 “Brunch” - Norway Akershus Princess Storybook Dining

Breakfast today was our leftover desserts from WCC – yummy!

We had a 10:20 reservation for the Princess breakfast and arrived around 10:10. We were called to take pictures with Belle (these pictures turned out GREAT and I'm a big sucker for pictures so we bought the package) around 10:25 and were seated by 10:35. Our server was Georg (no E) – he was OK, he was a “low talker” and we couldn’t hear him when he spoke the few words he uttered. Also not good about refills, we often had to flag him down. Juice & water were served in wine glasses – nice touch. Fruit (grapes, strawberries, & melons) and caramel/cinnamon rolls were brought out first. All I can say about the rolls – WOW! These were delicious. The breakfast platter was then brought out (biscuits, sausage, bacon, eggs, & potatoes). Everything tasted very good - DD2 loved the fruit and biscuits and the caramel rolls were our absolute favorite – we had 3 plates! Just to let you know, we have been to Cinderella’s Royal Table breakfast on our past 2 trips, and the food at Akershus is actually a LOT better than the Royal Table. We enjoyed everything a lot more. The Royal Table is still #1 for overall ambiance though – you can’t beat eating in the castle.

The princesses at this meal were Jasmine, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, & Belle in the lobby. We had great interaction with all – they really spent a good amount of time with the girls. DD2 is much less afraid of the face characters and did not scream when they came near her! We were one of the last tables in the restaurant before they cleared for lunch so I’m sure that had a lot to do with it. We had never seen Jasmine & Mulan before so that was a great bonus.

Checkout – DSIL was not feeling good at all, she had been up all night with stomach problems (she thinks she just wasn’t used to all the rich foods she ate at WCC as she had been dieting before the trip). She did not eat anything at the breakfast and only drank water. I asked Georg if it would be possible not to use a credit for her for this reason and he had no problem with this. We used one of our credits to pay for DB for this meal, so for those wondering if it’s possible to use credits for those not in your party, we did here. When we got our receipt, it showed Georg used a credit for DD2. I brought this to his attention as she is supposed to be free – he went to get the manager while the rest of the party went outside to wait for me. It took around 15 minutes to get this cleared up as the manager was filling in and not familiar with the system (or so he said). A little annoying – I learned on this trip if you have credit problems, just save your receipt and get it taken care of at your hotel’s concierge desk.

Overall – we enjoyed the “brunch” and will definitely return!

Cost – 4 TS credits (Me, DH, DD7, & DB) = $102.04

Sorry, I don't have food pictures but here are some princesses:

061_61.jpg

070_70.jpg

068_68.jpg

066_66.jpg

063_63.jpg

We had a pretzel for an afternoon snack from the cart in front of Mission:Space. I have the receipt, but after analyzing my final bill/printout from POP, I see they never charged us a snack credit for it. So, the cost was around $3, but apparently we got it for free.

100_0581.jpg

Day 3 Dinner – Coral Reef

This was the ONLY meal out of 10 TS restaurants that we HATED! This was a huge disappointment. A picture speaks a thousand words:

100_0594.jpg

Our ADR was at 5:20, we arrived about 5:10 and we were not seated until 6:00! This is not good when you have a very antsy DD2 and a complaining DD7. The seating area in the lobby is very insufficient – we had to sit on the floor and the place was packed. We were finally seated on the second tier (a pretty good view – we saw lots of fish, a huge turtle, stingrays, and divers). Our server was Raphael – he was absolutely HORRIBLE. The worst service of our entire trip. You could tell he did not want to be there from the second he came to take our drink orders (only regular sodas allowed, no smoothies or flavored sodas) after we had been sitting at our table for over 10 minutes. After our dinners were brought out, we did not see him again until after we had finished and waited an additional 10 minutes to flag him down and order dessert and drink refills.

Me – Lobster bisque, shrimp pasta, chocolate wave
DH – Lobster bisque, NY strip steak, chocolate wave
DB – Smoked fish chowder, mahi mahi, butterscotch brulee
DSIL – Caesar salad, vegetable strudel
DD7 & DD2 – shared with everyone, paid OOP for Shirley Temples (around $6 total)

Good news first – the appetizers were VERY good (love that lobster bisque) and the chocolate wave was one of the best desserts for this trip. DH and the girls really enjoyed his steak and au gratin potatoes (the girls also loved the bisque, my shrimp, and the bread). That’s all the good news I have.

Bad news: I ordered the shrimp pasta with the vegetables on the side as I am picky about vegetables. Instead, they put the shrimp on the side. So I picked out the vegetables (mostly celery which I hate) and ate the shrimp, which was OK. The pasta had no sauce. My fault for not reading more carefully or asking – but I do not enjoy dry noodles. YUK. DB said the mahi mahi was very bland, and there was no salt or pepper on the table. DSIL asked could she get the vegetable strudel with no mushrooms – Raphael said no, it’s premade. DB (as a restaurant manager) thought this was unusual as most restaurants can accommodate special requests if asked. She took one bite of the strudel and that was it. It was 90% mushrooms – she couldn’t find any zucchini or squash as listed on the menu. Because we didn’t see Raphael again until everyone had finished eating, she couldn’t order something else. When he finally came back, she told him she couldn’t eat the strudel and could she just pay for the salad and not use a credit. He said, in a very snotty tone, “ok I guess – but you should have told me and I could have gotten you something else”. Well, how could we tell him if we hadn’t seen him since (which she said to him)? He just huffed off.

Overall, we would absolutely not return here. Mostly bad food, horrible service. Next time we will look at the fish from the Living Seas pavilion and try out the Garden Grill.

Cost – 2 TS credits = $112.46 (outrageously overpriced!) please remember cost totals are for our party only, I do not have totals for DB & DSIL

Fish Soup:
100_0587.jpg

Lobster Bisque:
100_0586.jpg

My princesses enjoying their Shirley Temples:
100_0584.jpg

Vegetable Strudel:
100_0588.jpg

Steak:
100_0590.jpg

Shrimp Pasta:
100_0591.jpg

Mahi Mahi:
100_0589.jpg

Desserts:
100_0592.jpg

100_0593.jpg

Coming up next: Main Street Bakery, Aloha Isle, & Crystal Palace dinner

Sorry you had such a bad time. Coral Reef is one of mine and DW's absolute favorites. It does seem that you had some very specific requests, and, regarding the vegetable streudel, the request was made at the last second (e.g., Disney likes to be made aware of such things about a day in advance). And I'm sure, despite your other misgivings toward Raphael, he was not lying to you when he said the dish was pre-made.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of your trip, though! :)

"low talker" :rotfl:

Sorry about the Coral Reef. I'm on the fence about this one (I'm planning a trip in March). It looks beautiful, but I keep hearing reviews like this. :sad2:

Oh & the pic outside the Coral Reef..... :rotfl2:

I've never done the Askerhus (sp?). We have no "princesses" in our family. But your description of the food & that pic of ol Jasmine has me thinking about it. :rolleyes1

This is a great report.

hound

Day 4 – Breakfast (Main St. Bakery) & Snacks

The line was pretty long for Main St. Bakery around 9:30, but I had been looking forward to the French toast loaf I’ve heard so much about on the DIS. DB in front of us got the last one! He let me have a bite and it was very good. We got an apple charlotte, large cinnamon roll, and chocolate chip muffin with 2 bottled drinks. Seating is very sparse in here, so we waited around a few minutes and lucked up as someone was getting up to leave. Everything was very good, but honestly the pastries were really not any better than the POP food court or Starring Rolls. This is a good place to use counter service credits (see Day 10) because you can have 2 pastries and a drink. We had a hard time using all our CS credits and would rather have more snacks, so this is a good solution.

Cost – 4 snack credits = $9.76 + muffin OOP on our way out ($2.44)

This afternoon we discovered our favorite snack – the Dole Whip float from Aloha Isle! These are delicious and refreshing – I highly recommend you try one. Cost – 1 snack credit = $3.72

100_0607.jpg

Day 4 Dinner – Crystal Palace

Our ADR was for 3:55 PM, and we had left for an afternoon break. We JUST missed the bus leaving POP at 3:15, and had to wait for another one that didn’t arrive until 3:40. DB and DSIL had stayed at the park, so they went to check in at 3:55. They would not seat them but they did save our table until we finally arrived about 4:20 and sat us immediately. This is a beautiful restaurant - very Victorian, all white, and lots and lots of glass. Wonderful dining atmosphere. Tammy L. was our server and she was great – quickly refilled drinks and very friendly. We have had breakfast here before and really enjoyed it more. The dinner was not BAD, it was just OK. The prime rib from the carving station and the garlic mashed potatoes were good, and the girls enjoyed the mac & cheese and desserts. There was some really good flavored bread (don’t remember what kind) with flavored butter that we all enjoyed. There are a LOT of salads (greens and pasta) to choose from – they take up most of the buffet line. When I eat from a buffet, I usually don’t waste time with salads and I DETEST mayonnaise so no pasta salad for me at all! DSIL did find several vegetable items she enjoyed, so that’s a plus. The characters were great, although we never saw Eeyore except when he was parading around – he didn’t come by our table. DSIL was disappointed by that. DD2 LOVES Pooh, but again, as long as he’s across the room! We probably will skip Crystal Palace on our next trip, but may return for breakfast for the trip after that one. We just don’t enjoy buffets as much as family style or ala carte meals.

Cost – 3 TS credits = $85.87

Again, forgot to take food pictures but here are some characters:

100_0613.jpg

100_0609.jpg

We had a jalapeño cheese stuffed pretzel and cherry Icee from the Lunching Pad for a late night snack – yummy! Cost – 2 snack credits = $7.54

Coming up next - Tusker House & Kona Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter