• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Days of Disney Dining – TS, CS, & Snacks – LOTS of Photos! COMPLETE THROUGH DAY 10

thanx for the great reviews we're going in june. this will be our first trip using the dining plan. I'll be making some changes based on your reports.

Wonderful reviews. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. We're bringing our DDs (who will be 3) to Disney in December and all of this information is amazingly helpful. :cool1:

A quick question, how did your DD2 react to Fastasmic? Was she scared at all?

A quick question, how did your DD2 react to Fastasmic? Was she scared at all?

Our youngest DD has seen Fantasmic at ages 11 months and at 2, and both times she was mesmerized, not scared at all! Our oldest has seen it at ages 4, 6, & 7 and she has loved it every time!! Fantasmic is definitely one of our "DO NOT MISS" shows for every trip - it is unbelievable and we all love it!

:woohoo: Wonderful Dining reports...I am thinking about switching my Ohanna to Kona now....:thumbsup2 And we're going to Captain Jacks!!!:woohoo:

Thank you so much for your perfect detailed reviews. I enjoyed reading them so much. I have a 3 and an 8 year old, so I was able to relate a lot of your kid's meals to what my kids might like. You have adorable super cute kids too. What a lovely family you are! Your time was not wasted doing your reviews - you really helped us! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I really appreciated all of it!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

:cheer2: Great reviews! Thanks for all the details. We are using the DDP for the first time when we go in May (May 27-June 5), and have many ideas based on your posts.

Thanks again, Nadja:surfweb:

This was a superb review! I'm going in August, and I can't WAIT! I hope this isn't too personal of a question... but I TRY to eat pretty healthy, but when I'm in WDW, all calorie counting goes out the window! (I mean, you're walking in the hot sun for up to 10 hours a day, so it's okay, right? ;) ) Anyways, the question is, do you think you gained any weight while you were there? It sounds like a lot of the things you got are things I would get, and I just wondered if it affected your waistline at all! Sorry if I'm too nosey! :worried:

This was a superb review! I'm going in August, and I can't WAIT! I hope this isn't too personal of a question... but I TRY to eat pretty healthy, but when I'm in WDW, all calorie counting goes out the window! (I mean, you're walking in the hot sun for up to 10 hours a day, so it's okay, right? ;) ) Anyways, the question is, do you think you gained any weight while you were there? It sounds like a lot of the things you got are things I would get, and I just wondered if it affected your waistline at all! Sorry if I'm too nosey! :worried:

WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

That's actually a great question!! I feel the same way about eating on vacation. I gained 2 pounds, which I thought was pretty good for all the food I ate. I'm sure if it wasn't for the constant walking and on the go activities, it would have been a lot more. I lost the 2 pounds pretty quickly when I returned just by going back to my normal habits. BTW, DH gained about 3 pounds and lost his when we got back as well.

Have a great time on your trip!!

Not bad at all considering how much food you're given! We're doing the dining plan too, and considering dessert comes with Table AND Counter Service meals, AND an appetizer comes with your Table Service per person, it's no wonder you gain a couple! I'm going to *try* and be good and get salads as appetizers and not eat a ton of fried foods... But, yeah, once I get there, I'm sure that will change! Who wants a salad over cheesy spinach dip?! :rotfl:

I have another question... When we go to WDW, it will be during my mom's birthday. I'm already planning on ordering a cake in advance for her, but should I call all my ADR Restaurants now and tell them it's her birthday while we're there? Or should I just tell the hostess/waitress when we arrive at the restaurant? I'm thinking I'll call now in advance so maybe they will have something special for her when we get there! What do you think?

Subscribing, so I can read the rest later. I'm only on page 4. By the way, War Eagle!

LOVED the report. We are heading to Disney in October. I've been trying to decide where to eat. Your reviews were great! Thanks for taking the time to post them. I loved your matching t-shirts. My DH would rather die than have us dressed alike!

I am so relieved to read your review on Mama Mel Rose. There has been so many Neg reviews lately. I have a May reservation.

Subscribing, so I can read the rest later. I'm only on page 4. By the way, War Eagle!

I have to say ROLL TIDE back to you!! Funny story - one day on our trip (we were in Epcot that day), DH wore his Auburn shirt and I wore my Alabama shirt (we have a mixed marriage:rolleyes: ). This was when Auburn seemed to be on their way to a national championship. ALL DAY, people were constantly yelling WAR EAGLE to my DH. I only got one measly Roll Tide. I was really surprised at the number of Auburn fans in Epcot!!

War Eagle!!! We were in EPCOT last year the day of the AUburn vs. Florida game. My little one and I are AU fans and wore our gear to the park. We saw lots of other fans and said War Eagle all day - there was some good natured ribbing from some UF fans BEFORE the game. (we are a split UGA/AU family)

Side story - we had ADRs at LeCellier that ended up being during the game. I had hoped it would be a 3:30 game and the game would be over before dinner - oops. That was one ADR I wasn't going to cancel - big game or not. I kept checking my cell for score updates before dinner (NOT during) and when we finished the game was in the 4th qtr. We ran to the bus (checking the score the whole way) and got back to WL to see the end of the game w/some UF fans in the bar. (dh and I not my then 8yr old)

To all those who enjoyed my dining report.....I JUST BOOKED FREE DINING AGAIN FOR SEPT 1 - 9. So, be looking for a new report later this year!!

You aren't the only one that has issues with beans in chili. I can't eat beans but I love chili. It always bums me out that most people put beans in their chili.
Thanks for the great reviews!

Just gotta ask- How is it chili without beans?:confused:

:thumbsup2 Great reports! I can't wait to read your next ones from your second trip, since you are going again before our 1st trip in March 2008. You definetly moved WCC back onto my list of places we should eat! :love:

It was a great report, have to ask did you find time to go to any parks? LOL We are lucky that we have really great food here in NJ?NY area that we don't waste time wating for a table. We would rather hit the parks all day.

It was a great report, have to ask did you find time to go to any parks? LOL We are lucky that we have really great food here in NJ?NY area that we don't waste time wating for a table. We would rather hit the parks all day.

We had PLENTY of park time!! I am a planner and get to the parks at opening and use Tour Guide Mike, SO....we went to all the parks at least 2 times each, rode everything we wanted (most multiple times), saw ALL the parades, shows, and fireworks, and spent a day at Typoon Lagoon and Downtown Disney. This was my DB & DSIL first time at Disney, and they will tell you they did EVERYTHING there was to do at the parks and on top of that, ate VERY well. That's what's so great about going in September. We never waited more than 15 minutes to ride anything (and walked on MANY rides/shows). And because we had ADRs, we never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a table (with the exception of Coral Reef :headache: ). In fact, most of the time we were immediately seated. I have become really spoiled with the September crowds and the free dining is a definite bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter