Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i'm a customer and an employee pinches me (not what the accuser has described btw) while doing their job you bet your butt I want that person fired.

But would you be asking people on the internet to Email the business 4 or 6 years later and demand that person be fired?

Her description of the event sounds like a pinch to me. It could also be called a squeeze or a grab or even a goose, but she did write that she was seated when it happened.

I don't know either of the people involved.

As an employer, I would respond by asking to see her proof. And then I would go back to my employee and get his/her side. If she is the only person out of thousands who have interacted with him to come forward, I would simply retrain on what to do with your hands during photos.

I've read the $500 was offered and declined over the phone. I also read that she got a check and ripped it up. I'm not sure how something like this usually is handled by disney, but they could have told her it was accidental and here's $500 for your poor guest experience. If Disney thought it was intentional, I'm sure their legal department would have been involved and paperwork would have been generated. She would have proof of something. And that didn't happen.

IMHO, if there were others coming forward, it would have been handled much differently. Otherwise, it seems accidental and not at the level she perceived.

All speculation on my part, but I do doubt some of her story.

That is where I part ways. I feel the credibility of corporations are gone.

Has Disney made a formal statement yet? Or is this isolated to a couple of boards.
I don’t think Disney has made a formal statement on The Hall Of Presidents. Doubt they’ll be making one on this.

But would you be asking people on the internet to Email the business 4 or 6 years later and demand that person be fired?

Her description of the event sounds like a pinch to me. It could also be called a squeeze or a grab or even a goose, but she did write that she was seated when it happened.

No, it would have happened at the time. But I have no idea what's going thru her head either or what prompted her speaking out now.

But you said " I mean, she is trying to take away somebody’s livelihood over a pinch. "

Yes, I absolutely would.

No, it would have happened at the time. But I have no idea what's going thru her head either or what prompted her speaking out now.

But you said " I mean, she is trying to take away somebody’s livelihood over a pinch. "

Yes, I absolutely would.

That would be your prerogative. :)

My impression is that MSM spoke out now because she jumped on the #metoo bandwagon.

Last edited:
So victims who have been silent but speak up now because recent events have opened up floodgates are automatically "jumping on the #metoo bandwagon"?

Nobody said that all victims who speak up now are jumping on the bandwagon.

But in this case, it seems applicable. MSM did not state in her FB post why she decided to speak up now, but she did say that it happened about 6 years ago in 2013.

Last edited:
I agree, but I can see 2 arguments she may have. 1. She isn’t going to boycott an entire corporation over 1 employee’s action. 2. She had already built her career around selling Disney and it would be difficult to change careers.
It wouldn’t be over one person’s actions. It’s would be over how that company handled an allegedly serious complaint. And I’m not so sure that’s her career.

So victims who have been silent but speak up now because recent events have opened up floodgates are automatically "jumping on the #metoo bandwagon"?
In some cases, unfortunately. Many ppl have had these experiences, but there are still ppl who seek attention. I’ve met them.

That would be your prerogative. :)

My impression is that MSL spoke out now because she jumped on the #metoo bandwagon.

And if it did happen I say so what? I don’t question people’s choices about how and when they chose to come forward.

This is trickling down... I predict very soon all of us will have a man that we love (father, husband, son, friend) accused by someone with absolutely zero proof.... where will we all stand then? So many are quick to condemn Bob and others.... what happens when it's your family?

Are you referring to the person complaining as MSL? Those aren't her initials so it is confusing.

This is trickling down... I predict very soon all of us will have a man that we love (father, husband, son, friend) accused by someone with absolutely zero proof.... where will we all stand then? So many are quick to condemn Bob and others.... what happens when it's your family?
Exactly.

Every interaction with someone will be suspect. Every touch, look or glance will be dissected. No one will be safe from accusations.

I'm sorry, but feelings are not facts. Just because a woman felt assaulted, doesn't mean that she actually was.

The original post shows she stated twice that #metoo was the reason she’s revisiting this.

And if it did happen I say so what? I don’t question people’s choices about how and when they chose to come forward.

Actually there is a reason that Statute of Limitation laws were enacted mainly:
  • A plaintiff with a valid cause of action should pursue it with reasonable diligence.
  • By the time a stale claim is litigated, a defendant might have lost evidence necessary to disprove the claim.
  • Litigation of a long-dormant claim may result in more cruelty than justice.
In Florida the statute of limitations for a sexual assault is 4 years.

She was a full capable adult when this “incident” occurred. And seriously at the very worst this was a butt grope, now no one should be putting their hands in any way on any person who doesn’t want it BUT to be so tramatized by it that you couldn’t come forward for 6 years, that you can’t even look at the picture, it says more about this women than it does the incident. And this is coming from someone who was raped as a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter