Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has turned into an echo chamber of terrifying. I truly hope none of you are in the position of not being believed that you were sexually harassed or assaulted at any point, like countless women are every day. Yikes.

Not as terrifying as the idea that no proof is needed to consider someone guilty and treat them accordingly.

Sadly these cases do come down to a he said she said. I know in my own case I decided that my word would not be enough, even with the physical evidence that was collected.
However my descion then, does limit my ability to come forward now, I recognise that if my word wasn’t going to be enough then, it’s worth even less all this time later. And in the absence of legal proceedings which I chose not to peruse I don’t have the right the publicly vilifie him in a court of public opinion.

In this case, the accusation she is making is pretty minor, it’s an over clothes butt grab and she isn’t looking for justice, she is leading a mob. She is looking to ruin this mans life, years after the fact while unwilling to share the proof she says she has.

This thread has turned into an echo chamber of terrifying. I truly hope none of you are in the position of not being believed that you were sexually harassed or assaulted at any point, like countless women are every day. Yikes.
I also truly hope none of you are ever accused of an offense you didn’t commit. Both instances are really terrifying when it comes down to it.

Really girls. What would happen if your S/O came home and said someone was accusing them of something like this? Would you immediately run to the women’s side? Say “It must be true because she felt that way!” Im gonna say no.

Actually there is a reason that Statute of Limitation laws were enacted mainly:
  • A plaintiff with a valid cause of action should pursue it with reasonable diligence.
  • By the time a stale claim is litigated, a defendant might have lost evidence necessary to disprove the claim.
  • Litigation of a long-dormant claim may result in more cruelty than justice.
In Florida the statute of limitations for a sexual assault is 4 years.

She was a full capable adult when this “incident” occurred. And seriously at the very worst this was a butt grope, now no one should be putting their hands in any way on any person who doesn’t want it BUT to be so tramatized by it that you couldn’t come forward for 6 years, that you can’t even look at the picture, it says more about this women than it does the incident. And this is coming from someone who was raped as a teenager.

Many people have a story. Many. I won’t judge anyone for speaking out when they feel the time is right.

Just reading a FB reply MSM gave to Andre .. “ You weren’t there. You didn’t have your a** groped.” .. which makes me wonder with the absence of other victims, why hers? Of the thousands & thousands of women he’s encountered .. Of all the rear ends in all the towns in all the world, why hers? (And possibly that of one of her friends)

Many people have a story. Many. I won’t judge anyone for speaking out when they feel the time is right.

Many people do, but she isn’t just telling her story. She wants something to happen becuase she has told it now.
She has chosen to wait, and Bob does not get any chance to be judged fairly by a jury of his peers becuase of her choice to do that.

Just reading a FB reply MSM gave to Andre .. “ You weren’t there. You didn’t have your a** groped.” .. which makes me wonder with the absence of other victims, why hers? Of the thousands & thousands of women he’s encountered .. Of all the rear ends in all the towns in all the world, why hers? (And possibly that of one of her friends)

^ this

Many people do, but she isn’t just telling her story. She wants something to happen becuase she has told it now.
She has chosen to wait, and Bob does not get any chance to be judged fairly by a jury of his peers because of her choice to do that.
That is the problem I have with this.

Sure, join the #metoo posters. Explain that your a** was groped. Even say you have a picture of it. That it still bothers you. That you froze when it happened. No problem.

Name, names. Rally the troops. Demand his head on a platter or his job? That is wrong. Sorry. At this point, he can't defend himself.

Since the thread has gone in this direction, I would like to add that the accuser's allegations are not that unusual in the #metoo movement.

I was reminded of the Ben Affleck situation with Ms. Burton & Ms. Tendler. Screenshot_20171115-182059.jpg Screenshot_20171115-182148.jpg

Similar time frame, allegedly similar story. Affleck apologized to Burton but not Tendler. In an ideal world these sorts of things would be dealt with in the moment they occurred if they happened at all. Maybe this period of transition will lead to a day where that is more often the case. In the past and at the present moment this is and has not been the deal. From what data we have, most people in those uncomfortable situations opt to remain silent. None of us are in a position to judge or dictate how someone processes and responds to their own personal experiences.

Arguing and choosing sides is also pointless- none of us were present at the time and place of this alleged occurrence. As I stated earlier, all we can hope for is that the truth comes out and is handled fairly and all involved can heal and move past whatever did or didn't happen.We have to trust that Disney will broker that discussion between them in a mutually satisfactory way, as it sounds like there was some lingering dissatisfaction from the original resolution as reported.

Personally I think an apology and behavioral change would be a more productive and responsible solution than what was demanded on Facebook, but subjects like this tend to run hot emotionally and reasoning can become blurry or complex. Thankfully, those decisions fall to others.

There is so much ******* in the world-so much fighting. Even if her Facebook comments fell to cacophony it does not mean we must stoop to that level as well. Respect, empathy, and seeking to understand can go a long way. Both Mr. Jackson and this woman are going through a hardship right now. Tearing them down or building them up accomplishes absolutely nothing.

She has chosen to wait, and Bob does not get any chance to be judged fairly by a jury of his peers becuase of her choice to do that.

^ this

While I think I would have handled things differently, I have no idea what her reasons are for the timing or her calls for action so I won’t judge her for that. Clearly you disagree. Neither of us going to change our minds.

But I did want to say I’ve very sorry for your experience. No one should ever experience that.

Since the thread has gone in this direction, I would like to add that the accuser's allegations are not that unusual in the #metoo movement.

A big difference is she is asking for an apology not Ben Affleck to loose his job, there is also a big difference in his finger “entering her crack”

I don't think it is fair that you posted something with someone's name not retracted. I think you should delete it.

That’s the thing about the internet, don’t out anything out there you wouldn’t say in person and to your mother.
You have no control over what happens what you put it out there.

And I hope nobody you know and love is caught up in this modern day witch hunt... the hysteria in this country right now is what is terrifying me.

And I hope nobody you know and love is caught up in this modern day witch hunt... the hysteria in this country right now is what is terrifying me.

I have no idea if this Michelle person is telling the truth or not. But the knee jerk reaction to label every accusation as a witch hunt, and to label every accusation against someone you like as hysteria terrifies me. What kind of world do we live in that speaking up means you are labeled as a hysteric and a liar? Oh right, the current one. I hope that nobody you know is ever sexually assaulted and then ridiculed when she tries to speak up. The situation of being labeled as a liar because you speak up as a victim is terrifying to me.

I have no idea if this Michelle person is telling the truth or not. But the knee jerk reaction to label every accusation as a witch hunt, and to label every accusation against someone you like as hysteria terrifies me. What kind of world do we live in that speaking up means you are labeled as a hysteric and a liar? Oh right, the current one. I hope that nobody you know is ever sexually assaulted and then ridiculed when she tries to speak up. The situation of being labeled as a liar because you speak up as a victim is terrifying to me.

If anyone I know tells me that some guy squeezed her butt 4 years ago and now she wants me and everyone I know plus everyone she knows to contact the company he works for and get him fired I'll tell her to her face that she is crazy.
There are real victims out there and there are those who are just looking for attention in today's climate. This woman is the latter.

I don't see it as a modern day witch hunt when some of the people being accused right now have admitted to actually doing it.

Yes, some of them have, but that doesn't mean all accusations are true. Automatically, declaring everyone guilty, because of a few, is indeed a witch hunt.

FWIW, I'm sure the people in Salem who were automatically convicting everyone that had been accused didn't think they were wrong either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter