Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my personal opinion and I'm not judging anyone... If I was honestly traumatized by someone groping me and I reported it, but nothing was done, there is no way I would continue to support that company. I boycotted a local restaurant for several years because they were rude to me on the phone once. Things just don't sound right to me.

I understand that viewpoint, but Michelle has a Disney podcast and it is obviously part of her life...not exactly the same as a restaurant.

You bring up a valid point. I have done the same. We had issues with a local restaurant one too many times. We didn't return for years. They sold it to someone else and we finally returned. But we weren't about to give our business to the prior owners, not the way they treated customers, unless you were friends with them.
I agree, but I can see 2 arguments she may have. 1. She isn’t going to boycott an entire corporation over 1 employee’s action. 2. She had already built her career around selling Disney and it would be difficult to change careers.

I understand that viewpoint, but Michelle has a Disney podcast and it is obviously part of her life...not exactly the same as a restaurant.
But if you think about it, by her account of the events she is encouraging people to go to a place where upper management knowingly employs and allow sexual offenders. She might not encourage others to see the show, but if management did nothing about him, who knows what other offenders they employ.

But if you think about it, by her account of the events she is encouraging people to go to a place where upper management knowingly employs and allow sexual offenders. She might not encourage others to see the show, but if management did nothing about him, who knows what other offenders they employ.
That is why I understand the other viewpoint.

On the other hand, it would be like someone who has a show about San Francisco and all the things you can do there. Maybe she went to one place there and was groped, and no one did anything. She might still love San Francisco, but warn against that business, neighborhood, etc.

If you’d ever been to the restaurant you would understand how difficult it was to stay away.

I was sexually harassed by a coworker at Wal-Mart several years ago. I complained to our direct supervisor and the next day the harasser was promoted in the department we worked. I was flabbergasted, but immediately went to upper management. Being a shy, young girl that was beyond difficult for me to do, but what they did and especially what the perpetrator did was wrong. He was fired that week. Had WM done nothing, I would have quit my job. I would have contacted a lawyer. I would have not hesitated to never shop at Wal-Mart ever again, and I would have told everyone I knew what had happened. Wal-Mart was my life. It was my full time job. I had insurance through them. All of my friends worked there. I had a 401k! It wasn’t something I did for fun. It wasn’t somewhere I vacationed and did marathons. It was my life and if they had done me wrong I would have changed my life.

I agree, but I can see 2 arguments she may have. 1. She isn’t going to boycott an entire corporation over 1 employee’s action. 2. She had already built her career around selling Disney and it would be difficult to change careers.

To the bold, not really. Her career is being a professor. Her hobby which includes a side gig is Disney. I'm sure it is fun for her and might even make her a little cash on the side but her career isn't a Disney podcast.

It certainly doesn’t.
However I have a hard time believing that Disney would allow an employee to stay on after they have been investigated if there was any doubt.

Being a local, I have seen Disney let go of many people accused of “inappropriate behavior“ and worse over the years, before the person went to court for their guilt or innocence to be proven. It’s a right to work state, so they don’t really need a reason to fire someone. The local news here loves to pounce on any story where Disney is involved, especially in a potentially negative way.

I too have a hard time believing that they would want to keep someone employed if there was an investigation that concluded that the allegations were true. Even if an investigation was inconclusive I would have expected them to ask the employee to resign of their own accord, as I personally know a few people who were asked to do this by Disney for much more minor reasons than the allegations that have been made in this case. It would be a ticking time bomb for Disney to do otherwise. Front line cast members, no matter how popular, are little fish in the big sea of the Walt Disney Company and they aren’t going to risk negative publicity if they have any doubts. The fact that they didn’t make any changes causes me to have some reasonable doubt regarding the situation and I will wait for it to be resolved in the appropriate channels. I have a feeling there’s something to this situation that we haven’t heard yet . . .

On the other hand, it would be like someone who has a show about San Francisco and all the things you can do there. Maybe she went to one place there and was groped, and no one did anything. She might still love San Francisco, but warn against that business, neighborhood, etc.
To the bold, not really. Her career is being a professor. Her hobby which includes a side gig is Disney. I'm sure it is fun for her and might even make her a little cash on the side but her career isn't a Disney podcast.
See, I did not know that about her. I’ve just heard her name on Disney podcasts for years and I’m not friends with her on FB. I follow M.S. on FB which is how I became aware of all of this. It does seem even more odd that she would promote a business as a hobby whose management has failed her

This thread is coming up in your searches because you frequent these boards. Google knows where you've been and provides results based on your browsing habits. It also could be related to your search terms. For instance, I just searched "Yeeha Bob" and "Yeeha Bob Port Orleans Riverside" and didn't get this thread on the first page of results even though I'm here often.

Just wanted to point out that most people who don't know anything about the accusations won't find out about them through a broad Google search. I'm not commenting on the situation itself because as an outsider, I simply don't know enough about it. I keep checking back here to see if there's any physical evidence and/or another accuser's story that's been released -- but so far, nothing.
Does it come up with the incorrect spelling like Michelle & OP used? Maybe it was a good thing they didn’t know how to spell it.

No, not really. San Francisco is an entire city, full of citizens and tourists. Who would you expect to "do something"? The mayor? The city council? Unless the offender was actually breaking the law (and it really hasn't been determined if he was), the police wouldn't be expected to do anything, so who? The city cannot get the guy working at the theater fired so who?

WDW, otoh, is a private business.

How many people here have said again and again they will not shop at Walmart because of business practices? See, they have an issue and they take an action.

This person on the other hand has not. She made a complaint. She didn't like what they said. She instead, continues to go to WDW and support WDW but wants to get this one man fired. She doesn't sue, she doesn't do anything. Just posts and calls for others to email. Yeah, not buying it.

I’ve just heard her name on Disney podcasts for years and I’m not friends with her on FB.

Same here. I do have a lot of respect for Mike Scopa, but I only know of MSM by third-party reputation, and her occasional appearances on the original WDW Today podcast.

Andre

That is where I part ways. I feel the credibility of corporations are gone.

Has Disney made a formal statement yet? Or is this isolated to a couple of boards.

Listen I’m not saying I trust Disney to do the “right” thing, or the ethical thing. But Disney isn’t stupid, they do smart business (and at times I think cut throat business) and with that in mind it doesn’t make sense that if there was a risk by keeping him employeed even just the worry of a PR drama that they would keep him on. If they found any hint of impropriety in their investigation, any doubt they would have dumped him, I don’t think Disney are loyal enough to their employees to give them the benefit of the doubt with such serious accusations.

How much was it part of her life 6 years ago?

Exactly. Don’t you suppose a defense lawyer would eat her alive in court? Ma’am, Why are promoting a place you think is harboring a pervert?

Continuing to go to a city where you had a bad experience is far different because your money goes to wherever you’re spending it—hotel, anywhere you eat or buy souvenirs, admission to attractions, etc. At Disney World, Disney the corporation gets whatever you spend. Even when you buy Starbucks at WDW, the bulk of your money still goes to Disney.

When this story came out, I wondered if Bob and MSM had met in some other setting besides his show and maybe that’s how this whole thing started. IDK. I do know that she was a guest at The Roost when the incident took place, and I cannot imagine Disney allowing their employees to goose their guests. No way.

Another reason I doubt the veracity of this accusation is MSM’s insistence that he be fired all these years later. I mean, she is trying to take away somebody’s livelihood over a pinch. Like her stating that she lost countless nights of sleep over it—she just seems so dramatic and over-the-top for a woman who I am guessing is a mother.

IDK about the other ladies here, but after child birth and raising boys, I am not the modest girl I used to be. After the Mammogram I had last month—let’s just say more people saw more of me than when I breastfed. At this stage in my life, a pinch on the buttocks wouldn’t even faze me.

Last edited:
So we have all pretty much decided that this woman is a liar? I figure Disney has the photo, let them decide.

So we have all pretty much decided that this woman is a liar? I figure Disney has the photo, let them decide.

I don't know enough about this particular situation to form an opinion on who is telling the truth & who isn't. I do know that trial by social media is extremely irresponsible. It's troubling that anyone thinks it's acceptable.

Last edited:
Continuing to go to a city where you had a bad experience is far different because your money goes to wherever you’re spending it—hotel, anywhere you eat or buy souvenirs, admission to attractions, etc. At Disney World, Disney the corporation gets whatever you spend. Even when you buy Starbucks at WDW, the bulk of your money still goes to Disney.

When this story came out, I wondered if Bob and MSL had met in some other setting besides his show and maybe that’s how this whole thing started. IDK. I do know that she was a guest at The Roost when the incident took place, and I cannot imagine Disney allowing their employees to goose their guests. No way.

Another reason I doubt the veracity of this accusation is MSL’s insistence that he be fired all these years later. I mean, she is trying to take away somebody’s livelihood over a pinch. Like her stating that she lost countless nights of sleep over it—she just seems so dramatic and over-the-top for a woman who I am guessing is a mother.

IDK about the other ladies here, but after child birth and raising boys, I am not the modest girl I used to be. After the Mammogram I had last month—let’s just say more people saw more of me than when I breastfed. At this stage in my life, a pinch on the buttocks wouldn’t even faze me.

If i'm a customer and an employee pinches me (not what the accuser has described btw) while doing their job you bet your butt I want that person fired.

I haven't decided she's a liar.
I have decided there are some holes in her story, or parts that just don't add up
Even forgiving her the date issue
I think there is a good chance her butt could have been touched.
I think there is a good chance she's taking what happened wrong. Why I can't venture to guess. Got lots of theories but they are just that.
And I know for a fact she's going about obtaining what she feels is justice all wrong. That I have no doubts about.
As for a photo, according to how it's been presented by her side, Disney has seen the photo and has decided. Bob remained employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter