** WISH Volunteers for 2010 WDW Marathon Weekend **

You will get your credential which will have your name on it. It comes with a lanyard and you MUST where that at all times. Don't forget your photo ID to bring with you!!!
Also, for the Half and Full you get a windbreaker, so I would also suggest wearing something you wouldn't mind getting wet with water or powerade. As the runner's go by you might get splashed. Just a thought.

Tracy

OK, we'll figure out a time to meet in the lobby or somewhere and we can get Patty and her family. In the wee wee hours of the morning. :lmao: Yikes! Who's idea was this anyway? :rotfl:

Yes, you will get a laminated name tag on a lanyard at the expo. DO NOT LOSE IT or else you can NOT volunteer. They are VERY strict about security. :thumbsup2

You will get your credential which will have your name on it. It comes with a lanyard and you MUST where that at all times. Don't forget your photo ID to bring with you!!!
Also, for the Half and Full you get a windbreaker, so I would also suggest wearing something you wouldn't mind getting wet with water or powerade. As the runner's go by you might get splashed. Just a thought.

Tracy

Tracy, it depends on what time your shift is. They usually run out of windbreakers later in the day. The people on later volunteer shifts get other things. Like shorts or something. (Just another reason while getting up at the crack of the night before is worth it for the early shift! :thumbsup2)

OH YES! That windbreaker is mighty nice! I have one from 2009 and Woohoo!!! :thumbsup2

I am sooo tempted to bring mine but it's from last year and I'm not volunteering this year so feel kinda weird and have another jacket currently tossed on the pile but that windbreaker is SWEET!

Parking for the Red Water Stop #2 is at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex -

and read the link Judy posted for further parking information (Like packing a good attitude!!)

Thanks for the reminder of being splashed by powerade!! :thumbsup2 It will be cold at 3AM!!

I am volunteering for the 1/2 and full and staying at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Is there anyone else on the boards that would like to share a cab to the volunteer tent at the Magic Kingdom area?
I will be a screaming fan and need to be there at 5:15 for the half and 5:30 for the full. We do not have a car for we fly in.

Hey volunteers! Make sure you check out Charles' weather updates. I have been so focused on how to dress for the race that I almost forgot to figure out what to wear while I volunteer! I'll definitely need more clothing for all the standing around--maybe even toe warmers!

And thanks in advance to all of you doing a water stop for the full.....in that weather, I would not want to get splashed or wet. (Although I don't recall getting wet last year)

Maura

Good point, Maura! :thumbsup2 I'm bundling up and topping it all off with last years windbreaker, just in case. If I get a new one I'll switch to that one so I match. ;) I know we have to wear latex/vinyl gloves but I wonder if they'd fit over mittens! :lmao:

Oh no! Judy good point! Your poor fingers will be freezing with the water cups and spillage! Watch those toes for the spills to!

Warm hugs to all our Volunteers and ChEARS! :hug:

Disneybren,

I'm not sure if this will work for you or not but if you can't find a ride buddy and you have till 5:15 to get to the MK (and want to save the money) keep in mind that the monorail will be running from Epcot to the TTA. You could grab one of the Marathon Weekend buses to Epcot then monorail over. But if there is a long line for the last bus then resort to the cab?

course the cab does mean you will have a nice WARM ride to the MK parking lot instead of the walk from the bus drop to the monorail and then to where you need to be.

Hope something works! and THANKS!!! :cheer2:

Thank you Diane, It is just easier if you have a car or cab to take it because we need to go to the Pluto Parking lot which is across some from the Poly. and a good distance away, and is not easy to get to from the hotel. They close the roads early so we would have to leave early. I have taken a cab the last couple years and it works, Thank you again, it is hard when you dont have a car to volunteer but I love doing it!!

Hi everyone,

So I know this is really last minute but I thought I'd try this for my sister who is volunteer while I run the goofy challenge.

Her shifts begin at 1:30am on Saturday and Sunday at Wide World of Sports. Is there anyone available to 'carpool' with her from Wilderness Lodge to WWS? I say 'carpool' lightly because we don't have a car but she could totally offer gas money. Then she's not getting into a crummy taxi.

Thanks in advance for any help. Again, I know it's last minute so please PM me if you can help!

Laura

Laura - I have to wonder what position she is volunteering for that requires her to be there so early? I thought we were one of the earliest shifts, having to be at WWoS at 3:00am. :confused3

Also, I might suggest that if she does end up taking a cab, she checks with the front desk the night before to be sure one will be there. I'm pretty sure they would be but who wants to risk it at that hour.

I'm sorry I'm not much help. I have a car FULL of people for the 3:00 am shift from BCVs/BWVs.

I wish I could help....I will have a car and will be going to WWoS on Saturday for the half, but my shift doesn't start until 5-ish. I won't know for sure what time to check in until I get my volunteer packet pickup. I will be at Pop meet and by then I;ll know better. Check in with me then!

Maura

Anyone intrested in sharing a cab or ride for volunteering I would greatly appreciate it. I will need to be at the Magic Kingdom Pluto lot. If you have a car I would gladly give you gas money!!

Hey everyone!

My sister will be volunteering at the Race Retreat both days and according to her letter she has to be at the Wide World of Sports to check in at 1:30am. I think it's a little crazy. But I think all these times are nuts. If I had know they'd be getting us up at o-dark-stupid I would prepared a little better.

Laura

THANK YOU to everyone who braved the cold this yesterday and today.:worship:

I carry all my own supplies so never need your services, but today I needed you support, every time I passed a water stop your cheering and encourgment was just what I needed as I struggled in todays race.

My DD and I volunteered at water stop #18 yesterday with 530a start. Yeah, PowerAde (try saying that hundred's of time) induced gloves and sneaks not sun but highly recommend for anyone to volunteer next time. Very, very appreciative runners!

Hey everyone - rough volunteering experience all around. We'll have to seriously discuss this before we decide what we're doing next year... :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter