Available for Cash but not DVC

Jlo85

Mouseketeer
Why are some rooms available for cash but not DVC? I've seen this at not sold-out resorts with undeclared inventory (like Aulani with the Standard View Grand Villa), but I am curious on the sold-out resorts.

I'm specifically looking at Vero Beach, which is only DVC. A 1BR is available for cash for the nights I want but not for DVC points. Does that mean DVC has booked the room and is essentially subletting it?

And separate question for the actively selling resorts - does the DVC cash discount also apply to undeclared inventory?

Why are some rooms available for cash but not DVC? I've seen this at not sold-out resorts with undeclared inventory (like Aulani with the Standard View Grand Villa), but I am curious on the sold-out resorts.

I'm specifically looking at Vero Beach, which is only DVC. A 1BR is available for cash for the nights I want but not for DVC points. Does that mean DVC has booked the room and is essentially subletting it?

And separate question for the actively selling resorts - does the DVC cash discount also apply to undeclared inventory?
1) DVC has their own inventory that they are required to hold and will rent it out.
2) DVC is allowed to rent rooms if not booked within 60ish days. Someone will correct me with the exact policy.
3) If someone who owns VERO uses their points on a Disney cruise, etc then DVC needs to sell the rooms for cash to make the payment. Each division of Disney has their own P&L.

Last edited:
1) DVC has their own inventory are required to hold and will rent it out.
2) DVC is allowed to rent rooms if not booked within 60ish days. Someone will correct me with the exact policy.
3) If someone who owns VERO uses their points on a Disney cruise, etc then DVC needs to sell the rooms for cash to make the payment. Each division of Disney has their own P&L.
This pretty much sums it up! Rooms are from two seperate inventories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter