** WISH Volunteers for 2010 WDW Marathon Weekend **

Honeibee

<font color=darkgreen>Lives in Fear of Sweeps<br><
Greeting Race Team -

Kristi and I are now starting to organize volunteers for the 2010 WDW Marathon Weekend. :woohoo:

Updated 3 August!

Volunteers:
Full Red Water Stop #2:
Judy
Kristi
Marilyn
Mel
Sandy
Jim
Cam
Kathy
Dale
Aubre
Patty
Jennifer
Bobby

Full Water Stop #7:
Howard
Jeanne
Jeanne's DH
Corrina
Bryan
Tracy

MK Auto Plaza Course Monitor:
Maura

Half:
Kathy (location TBD)

Who's Staying Where?
BCV:
Judy
Sandy

POR:
Vic & Marilyn
Kristi & Chad

PC:
Pat & Jim

Well, since I am running Goofy this year :-)faint: :eek: :faint:), I can't volunteer, but I'll go ahead and offer up my thanks! It means SO much to know and see all the Wish support along the course, there are no words to express how great that is. ::yes::

Krista

Oh yeah, we are staying at Pop.

Is the sign up already on Disney Sports? I am not sure I will be attending the Marathon this coming year, if by chance I do, I want to sign up! I wore my jacket today even! Put me down for Red #2 just in case!!!!

I am running the Marathon (my first non-Goofy in 4 years) so I'd like to volunteer for a waterstop for the half and then scream team for the rest of the day (including for my DW Cam, DD Jenn and DS Andrew (and of course Krista!!!)).

Thanks for organizing this!!!

:grouphug:

Howard

Oh this is very exciting, all you guys already! :yay: No link yet but I'll let you know.

Krista - That's OK, you run! No worries! :thumbsup2

I'm doing the Dopey this year, so no volunteering for me. But I want to thank everyone who volunteers, and I'll keep thanking you and thanking you and thanking you... :worship: Let me know if there's anything DOOD and I can supply for the scream teamers in the way of funds, washclothes, oranges, twizzlers....I know there are a lot of us coming through the course and I want to contribute in some way!

Oh, and DOOD and I (and Jeanne, Jackie, and Jackie's DH) volunteered togethe at a water stop at the 1/2 this year, then did the marathon the next day. Feel free to ask any of us questions. :goodvibes

DH and I are both running the half this year, so sign me up for Red Stop #2 for the full!!!

What time did you guys get done last time? I want to make sure I can get to Studios or Y/BC for the rest of the race.

DH and I are both running the half this year, so sign me up for Red Stop #2 for the full!!!

What time did you guys get done last time? I want to make sure I can get to Studios or Y/BC for the rest of the race.

I think we were done between 0730-0830.

Before meeting up with you guys at DHS I had gone back to the hotel and ate breakfast. So, there's plenty of time.

Judy - We're staying at POR.

Judy - we are at POR next year.

We'll talk when it gets closer, but I am hoping I won't have babysitting issues and can be sure to do the water stop again. Fingers crossed!

:yay: I want to volunteer for red stop too!!

DH is doing Goofy - so just me!! (and I was up at 3am in '08 so I may as well volunteer!! *g)

Count Jim and I in for the full red stop # 2! Last year we were back at Pop by 8AM I think, which gave us plenty of time to grab a bite to eat and get to MGM to scream team.

We will be staying at Pop again and hope to be able to catch a ride from a fellow WISHer to WWoS that morning.

Thanks for getting us organized again.

Mel--we had lots of time to scream team at BCV last year after water stop #2. Scott and I were some of the first "screamers" there. It was so much fun!

Well, I'm really sad that I won't be at water stop #2 this time around--well at least in the volunteering aspect. Scott and I are both going Goofy, so no volunteering for us. But a big "THANK YOU" to those that do offer up your time to help out.

To those riding the fence as to whether or not to volunteer, if you have the time DO IT!!! It was so much fun last year. Not only are you helping out the participants but it's a great time with great people. And for those working at water stop red #2, Jim is the bestest leader ever! If it wasn't for him, we would've had that newbie race official leading us all over the Epcot parking lot ;) Lots and lots of good memories from last year!

I'll be volunteering again.
This past time I did water stop #11 at the MK with Bryan, Maura and Amy. It was great and would Highly recommend volunteering for the event!
Not sure which water stop for the Full this time around. Will let you know.

Tracy

We'll talk when it gets closer, but I am hoping I won't have babysitting issues and can be sure to do the water stop again. Fingers crossed!

In case all else fails, my IL's are coming with us this year and I'm sure MIL wouldn't mind another one to watch for a bit. :thumbsup2

In case all else fails, my IL's are coming with us this year and I'm sure MIL wouldn't mind another one to watch for a bit. :thumbsup2
Stephanie - you are way too sweet! We'll have to wait & see what happens as it gets closer. Maybe we can finagle a kid-free trip...

We're at POR also.

OK, OK, Here I am! Sorry for the prolonged absence but things got in the way of my DISing, like a FIL in the hospital, work issues, and a week at WDW! Yay!!! :banana:

But now I'm back and will commence with the updating! :thumbsup2

Bumping, as group regsiration has become available! :banana:

Do they need 5K volunteers? DH and I will be doing Goofy, but I'd love to volunteer for the 5K. I was hoping to med volunteer but have not been able to contact anyone at Celebration Health (I think that is who runs it...) If anyone knows a specific person to contact for the med volunteers I'd love the link. If that doesn't pan out I'd love to do a water stop or something to support the runners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter