** WISH Volunteers for 2010 WDW Marathon Weekend **

Could I walk to Epcot and take the monorail? If not that, then a cab, I'm sure. And if there is no good way, I will have to unregister and choose a different assignment, I guess. Apparently I don't really know what I am doing.

According to what I see, WS #11 isn't on there, A group must have signed up for it, SOOOO we better think about that one for next year. Definately a good spot!!

WS #7 looks like it is the next best choice. I just hope it isn't too far away from MK.
I will look into registering for #7 for the Full!!

Tracy

I just signed up for Water Stop #7 for the Half Marathon. See some of you there!

OK all you Full volunteering peeps.

It's official Bryan and I have signed up for the FULL Water Stop #7, so let's see who else wants to join us......

I think there are now 5 of us. I will try to talk to the leader of that Water Stop to have us at a table together and maybe like at the end of line at the water stop. This worked out pretty well last year and WISH people saw us and most importantly we saw them. We were the last water table on the right side and it worked out pretty good except Bryan got pulled out to do Powerade mixing - can't let that happen to any WISH members this time - we want to stay together.

Tracy

Go WS #7 for the FULL!:cheer2::dance3:

John and I are already signed up for Full #7.......got my fingers crossed that it meets in the Poly parking lot again. Corinna is also signed up but she is staying at POFQ.....any suggestions on how she can get there? Actually I'm thinking that if we need to report at 4am, she might be able to catch a marathon bus and then walk to the monorail and get off at TTC. Ha,ha...She would be the only one at that hour going in that diection! Does that seem reasonable?

I think all of the MK water stations meet in the same area. They have buses that took us out to our stop. They had a tent in the parking lot set up that we went to for sign in, get our jackets, our breakfast and then told which bus we needed to be on. Cathy drove so we parked I think in the same section she parked in for her volunteering in 2008 (1/2 marathon, she was up by the GF I believe).

In 2008 when Cathy went to check in and volunteer. Mom and I walked (wandered) thru the parking lot to the TTA. From there we walked to the Polynesian (could have taken the monorail).

Susie (escape)was with us at the water stop, she might remember which # we were at. If we were at #7 it was awfully dark! The side of the road tilts a bit from the pavement. I was worked about the tables/cups sliding. Non did though.

OH OH OH!!! I was so happy that we had 2 leads/managers who apparently had done this a few times. Very comforting to a 1st time W.S. volunteer. :thumbsup2 We were there with a group of kids who were very friendly and at least one of THEIR chaperons had done this sort of thing before and were great about offering up suggestions on set up and pouring faster :thumbsup2 I mention them because I am not sure if they make it a habit to be at that W.S. Very nice people :thumbsup2 I think the kids change out each year as they were 1st time W.S. volunteers like me.

Ok. went to novel length again. Toodles! :rotfl:

OK so we have...

Jean
Jean's DH
Diane
Corrina
Bryan
and me Tracy at WS #7 for the FULL!!

You do get a parking pass that will allow you to drive and park near the volunteer checkin tent in the MK parking lot for that morning. I was staying at the Poly last year and just walked across the street and I was there. You could park at the Poly if you already are staying at one of the resort hotels.
Or like mentioned, you could take a Marathon bus to EPCOT(seeing as how our shift starts at 4am), then the monorail and walk over to the Poly and then into the MK parking lot or hop the monorail for a quick trip to the Poly and then walk across. Or other option is a cab to the area or to the Poly. Whatever works for you. It will be fun!!!

Tracy

OK so we have...

Jean
Jean's DH
Diane
Corrina
Bryan
and me Tracy at WS #7 for the FULL!!

TRACY!!!! I'm doing the Goofy. I meant that the location of team mates worked for me so Jean could smack me if I was really panicking :lmao:

BUT! If I have a few seconds to spare and energy i will TRY to step off the course and stand next to you to scream for a few seconds (depending on the Garmin) :thumbsup2:rotfl2::cheer2::woohoo:

It will be such a nice mental break and something to look forward to getting to WS 7. :grouphug:

I tried to sign up for water stop #7 but it was full:sad1:. Bobby and I signed up for water stop #2 instead. I hope that one is at Epcot. I hope to be able to get to the MK to see my friend run through the castle! If not I will be able to catch her somewhere!!

Jennifer

Since I am doing Goofy I won't be volunteering, but wanted to thank everyone that was.

Hey guys, I'll be back later to update the list but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for volunteering! This is great! :thumbsup2

I would like to add that my parents will be at the Red #2 Water stop for the full marathon. They are really looking forward to cheering everyone on as they run the race.

Hi folks! Been awhile since I have checked into WISH. My DH and I will be at waterstop #2 with you guys for the full marathon! :banana:

There are still spots on the RWS#2 WISH Group open. If you have not yet registered and intended to be a part of our Group registration, please sign up thru the Group link. Any questions, see Kristi or I. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Hi Im new to DIS boards. I will be running the 2010 half marathon and would like to voluntee for the marathon. I have been reading your posts and noticed that you still have room at your waterstop. From what I have read it looks like you are done fairly early from waterstop #2. Is that true? I need to meet the rest of my party in the park to cheer on my uncle who will be running the marathon. If this is true how do I get from my POFQ to the waterstop and how would I sign up for the waterstop.

Thanks
Katie

Welcome, Katie!
You are right....the red #2 water stop finishes very early since all the runners will have gone past before the first hour is over. Then you just have break-down and clean-up. The clean-up is minimal because they have actual crews that come in as soon as everything is taken down and stacked up for transport. Unless your uncle is a Kenyan, you should have no trouble catching him on the course. What you need to know is that you cannot just show up at the water stop directly. You have to arrive at the designated check-in station, get processed and then be transported as a group. Last year water stop #2 checked in at Wide World of Sports which could be a problem if you don't have a car. That is also where you will be released and given your free park ticket. So that plays a factor in how long the actual work shift is.
I believe water stops 7 and 11 check in at the Pluto parking lot which is just in front of the Polynesian. If you are willing to get up early, you can get there using available marathon and/or monorail transportation. You will also get checked out there, but it's right near the TTC so you can get anywhere you need to be. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter