Which hotel would you pick?

mmeh97@yahoo.com

Earning My Ears
My son (22) & I will be heading to WDW in 2025 for what may be our last mother/son trip (at least for awhile). Trying not to break the budget and keep price of vaca under control.
Will be heading to HS, AK, & EPCOT. (MK only if we add park hopper). Always spend an evening or two at DS & maybe a few hours poolside.
Now to decide on resort… (usually choose a garden view type room). POP most affordable, CBR about $500 more , or POR a few dollars more than CBR. Closet / drawer space important. We have stayed at all three without issue but I’m having a hard time choosing.
Help DIS friends 😉

Why not let your DS decide? Unless he’s like my two boys and all id get would be a “shrug”😂 also, have you priced out the Swolphin resorts? When I went last month, I was originally booked at POFQ and could stay at the Swan for the same price. Have to say I’m kinda jealous—tried and tried to get my 2 boys (21 and 18) to do a trip with just the 3 of us. I was flatly refused!

Why not let your DS decide? Unless he’s like my two boys and all id get would be a “shrug”😂 also, have you priced out the Swolphin resorts? When I went last month, I was originally booked at POFQ and could stay at the Swan for the same price. Have to say I’m kinda jealous—tried and tried to get my 2 boys (21 and 18) to do a trip with just the 3 of us. I was flatly refused!
Came to second this - if you plan to spend a lot of time at HS and EPCOT, I would look into Swan and Dolphin.

I would choose CBR for Skyliner proximity. It will give you access to HS and EPCOT. Worth a bit extra to have more time with your son! Enjoy!

We are flying in tomorrow. Our son is already there and DIL arrives today. It is all about FAMILY! :cheer2:

I guess I would wonder how many nights, that price difference between Pop and CBR is a big one if it's just a few nights...but I have a soft spot for Pop.

It's a hard decision, I know!!

My logical side says money talks and go with POP!
My heartstrings say IF this is really going to be a last
(even for awhile) time Mom/son trip then spend and upgrade!

It's a hard decision, I know!!

My logical side says money talks and go with POP!
My heartstrings say IF this is really going to be a last
(even for awhile) time Mom/son trip then spend and upgrade!
We were empty nesters from high school (prep school could not take time off) when we did just one WDW trip since the lacrosse team was training at HHI. We enjoyed a few days together, drove up to HHI where he could join the team and then had a few days in Charleston and Disney HHI. Undergrad and grad school, medical boards, new job etc kept him away for another 14 years! He married a Disney girl and now we meet at WDW most years, sometimes twice. It may be a LONG time before he joins you again - and he will LOL!

Whatever you do, make the best of it!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest