What's your favorite Disney Good Neighbor hotel?

I like to put my feet in the hot jacuzzi at the Tropicana after a long day at the park. It's great, and the pool lighting and ambience is very soothing.

It’s run as one charge and they add the fee to the taxes. Taxes are 17%, so with your example, they’ve added in the fee on top of the taxes. When you make a reservation and get an email confirmation, it specifically states a $11.70 per night resort fee is added to the taxes. I called about it and they said it’s new. It’s annoying that they don’t state it on their site.

If the reservation you have already made doesn't have this, do you think they would charge you? I looked at my confirmation and it doesn't, but when I go to their website I can see the same booking made now has it tacked on. I hate this kind of thing.

I just booked this hotel through get away today after getting some good reviews from a Disneyland Facebook group. It had the best price on harbor with the 5th night free.
We just stayed a second time early May. Another good stay. Our room had fridge and microwave. Check your rates vs booking direct with hotel to make sure you have best rate. The hotel runs many different specials. We were quite comfy. Booked 2 Queen room.

If the reservation you have already made doesn't have this, do you think they would charge you? I looked at my confirmation and it doesn't, but when I go to their website I can see the same booking made now has it tacked on. I hate this kind of thing.
I’d take my booking receipt and refuse to pay the higher charge.

No, you must have made your reservation before they started charging it. Just double check all your charges when checking in and leaving.

Just a thought since we’re talking about the motels...

I started looking for accommodations a year out. People online were making comments (not just here) that I was looking too early. I didn’t book for a month or two after that. We got bwppi for early December $800ish 4 nights, no car. It’s a 2 double bed room. Now the lowest room for our dates there, Tropicana, Park vue, etc is far over that. Like $229 a night plus tax.

So, I guess if never hurts to book something cancellable early!!

I really like the Super 8. It's very low cost, has free parking, free breakfast, free internet. It's really not bad for how low cost it is. I've always found the rooms clean and they just renovated a few years ago. It is a bit of a walk, but we are both adults and don't have kids and can usually be at the gates in 15 minutes.

I really like the Super 8. It's very low cost, has free parking, free breakfast, free internet. It's really not bad for how low cost it is. I've always found the rooms clean and they just renovated a few years ago. It is a bit of a walk, but we are both adults and don't have kids and can usually be at the gates in 15 minutes.

That's really good to hear as we'll be ending our September trip with a couple days there.

Let me know if you have any questions :) we stay there a lot, I'd rather cheap accommodations and spend that money elsewhere on the trip.

That was exactly our plan for the second half. I think I have the walk figured out but I've never stayed in that direction so it'll be new when we do it. How is the breakfast? I'm not a breakfast person but my husband is. How is the parking situation too? We're renting a car for that part as we'll also be hitting the beach and Universal.

Thanks!

That was exactly our plan for the second half. I think I have the walk figured out but I've never stayed in that direction so it'll be new when we do it. How is the breakfast? I'm not a breakfast person but my husband is. How is the parking situation too? We're renting a car for that part as we'll also be hitting the beach and Universal.

Thanks!

We have never had an issue finding a parking spot, we're usually about to park right by the room.

The breakfast is just standard motel fare. Fruit, cereal, bagels, waffles, that sort of thing. Not great but it'll get you by.

For the walk you just turn right out of the hotel, the right at the light and turn it's a straight shot.

Good to know!!! We are making our first trip from Ohio in June and have Fairfield Inn (premium room) booked!
Can you please share your experience here? I presently have the Park Vue Inn booked again, but Fairfield's premium view/parking rate is only slightly higher.

Last edited:
Since we had the cockroach incident a couple years ago, and the Durrans called me a lier, we will never stay there again. I was really hoping it would get trashed when they were talking about a bridge.

Which hotel/motel was this?
it was PVI and still have the insect pics, The owners did want to hear about the problem, called me a liar and hung up on me when I complain and two weeks later(approx) They started a remodel, kids also had bed bugs in there room.

Last edited:
it was PVI and still have the insect pics, The owners did want to hear about the problem, called me a liar and hung up on me when I complain and two weeks later(approx) They started a remodel, kids also had bed bugs in there room.
Wow that's awful! So sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad I never ended up staying there.

We've stayed at HoJo's three times. I like the rooms being in an indoor corridor, pretty pool area, although no breakfast included with rate, Mimi's is super convenient and the walk is not too bad and certainly pleasant. Have stayed at Park Sheraton twice and enjoy the resort feel with the beautiful pool area with bar, onsite restaurant, although it is a longer walk, but doable. We enjoyed our stay at Stovall's (now a longer walk since the GCH shortcut is no longer an option), they let us check in really early after an early a.m. flight, their included breakfast is above average and they have a very nice pool area also (with a view of California Adventure and Fireworks), the dedicated shuttle at CCI is a huge bonus, they have a pretty (but small) pool area and included breakfast, but I feel like their rates are higher than they should be for a glorified motel, the BWPPI has been completely remodeled since we stayed there and their location CAN'T be beat, however they missed the mark on their pool area which is a pool surrounded by concrete walls--does not appeal to us at all, so we likely won't be back. All of the above have been met our standard for cleanliness, and other amenities, we don't need and don't want to pay four star rates at DL, we are not in our room much. We do however spend time in the pool either during a mid-day break or after we have gone back to the hotel for the evening so a nice pool area ranks high for us.

We have stayed at HoJo, Tropicana (twice), King's Inn, Motel 6 and Alamo Inn. The only one I wouldn't stay at again is Motel 6.

We've stayed at HoJo's three times. I like the rooms being in an indoor corridor, pretty pool area, although no breakfast included with rate, Mimi's is super convenient and the walk is not too bad and certainly pleasant. Have stayed at Park Sheraton twice and enjoy the resort feel with the beautiful pool area with bar, onsite restaurant, although it is a longer walk, but doable. We enjoyed our stay at Stovall's (now a longer walk since the GCH shortcut is no longer an option), they let us check in really early after an early a.m. flight, their included breakfast is above average and they have a very nice pool area also (with a view of California Adventure and Fireworks), the dedicated shuttle at CCI is a huge bonus, they have a pretty (but small) pool area and included breakfast, but I feel like their rates are higher than they should be for a glorified motel, the BWPPI has been completely remodeled since we stayed there and their location CAN'T be beat, however they missed the mark on their pool area which is a pool surrounded by concrete walls--does not appeal to us at all, so we likely won't be back. All of the above have been met our standard for cleanliness, and other amenities, we don't need and don't want to pay four star rates at DL, we are not in our room much. We do however spend time in the pool either during a mid-day break or after we have gone back to the hotel for the evening so a nice pool area ranks high for us.

We have never stayed at the CCI but are trying it this time around. We got it for $157 a night! That’s an incredible rate, no?!

Any safety concerns staying at best western plus Anaheim with the motel feeling of the doors on the outside? I’m not a huge fan of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter