What's your favorite Disney Good Neighbor hotel?

Best Western Park Place and Tropicana are usually our go to choices. This year we’re giving the Desert Inn a try because I got a pretty good deal. I’m not that picky about the property itself because we only sleep there but close location is very important to me.

If we are not at GCH we opt for the Best Western Park Place Inn for proximity. It is clean, recently updated, and free breakfast. The option of taking a mid-day break is essential for us!

If we are staying onsite and arrive really late (and don't want to waste GCH money on a nights sleep), we will usually stay a bit further on W Katella. That way we can load up on snacks and a case of water at the nearby Walgreens or CVS. This area is still walkable -- about 15 minutes or so depending on how fast you walk. We usually go for Hotel Indigo (clean updated rooms, interior hallways, non-carpeted rooms, nice bathrooms), or Hyatt Place (very new building/rooms, interior hallways, free breakfast).

Best Western Park Place Inn is our go to! We’ve stayed twice and are booked again in November. It’s clean, close, and has a decent free breakfast. The only criticism I have was on our last trip we were in the first level and it can be a bit noisy with people walking by and the pool/spa area is really small.

Another vote for Tropicana. We stayed there a week ago and were very happy with it. I've yet to try BWPPI- was debating between that and Tropicana for our recent visit but the $60 less per night at the Tropicana won.

Hojo is our go to hotel. The rooms are quiet and the beds are comfy. We stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites last year and didn't care for it for a multitude of reasons (too much light gets in the room, the handicapped rooms were ridiculously located, management not very friendly) but it IS close and they do have a continental breakfast.

We come from Ohio and have stayed the last five years at the Fairfield Inn. The FFI is on Harbor Blvd and is right across the street from DLR entrance. It's less than a 10 minute walk from the lobby to the park turnstile. In the past few years the FFI has been renovated and they got rid of carpeting and installed solid floors, it's a very clean hotel. The beds are medium-firm and very comfortable for us. Other points:

• McDonalds, Mimi's Café, and Panera Bread are in the connecting parking lot so you have fast access to food from your hotel room.
  • Bathroom with door is toilet and tub/shower while the vanity and sink are open to the room. This allows one person to shower (or use the toilet) in privacy while another can shave, do hair, or brush teeth. It's a nice perk and real timesaver!
  • Always had great customer service with hotel staff.
  • The FFI is near the end of the hotel stretch on the north side. There's more food and convenience stops between the hotel and park entrance, so stopping somewhere for milk or pop is a direct destination on the way home, no backtracking.
  • Never had a problem with Amazon shipping to the FFI.
  • Has a small fridge.
Forgot to add: We're two adults (47 and 63) who are like you, in that we don't need to pay extra for Disney Magic but want something clean and close to the parks.
Good to know!!! We are making our first trip from Ohio in June and have Fairfield Inn (premium room) booked!

We just got back from our May 5-12 trip. We had a really good stay at the Park Vue Inn directly across the street from the park. They offer a military discount we took advantage off. The room was very clean and was very quiet. Only real noise we heard was the fireworks every night. The breakfast was quite good tho they don’t serve until 7:00am which can make it tight if you are looking to make ripe drop. We really enjoyed just walking out of the park, across the street and right into our room after a long park day.

Another vote for the Park Vue Inn. Call the hotel directly for the best rates. The rooms with a Queen bed and bunkbed are the ones closest to the front of the hotel, they are a bit smaller than the rooms with two beds but the shorter walk at the end of a long day always is a win for me, lol.

We usually stay at Park Vue but be warned, they charge a “resort” fee now, $11.70 a night.
Shoot! I always loved that their rate was straight forward without a bunch of sneaky fees (except for the dumb $2 energy fee). I'm honestly amazed that they don't charge for parking yet.

Hyatt Regency Orange County/Garden Grove.
They have their own private air-conditioned shuttle that runs every half an hour to and from DLR.
Also it's across the street from Target :)

Shoot! I always loved that their rate was straight forward without a bunch of sneaky fees (except for the dumb $2 energy fee). I'm honestly amazed that they don't charge for parking yet.

Yeah, I wasn’t happy. They didn’t mention it over the phone and I saw it in the email confirmation. Not cool. Ends up being the same as others so we aren’t switching because we need to park but I’m tempted to boycott them for being sneaky about it.

Fairfield Inn - I like using my Marriott Points to stay there, and watching the fireworks from the pool!

Yeah, I wasn’t happy. They didn’t mention it over the phone and I saw it in the email confirmation. Not cool. Ends up being the same as others so we aren’t switching because we need to park but I’m tempted to boycott them for being sneaky about it.

Were these charges a separate line item that showed up as a different transaction on your credit card? For example, I did a mock reservation on their website for two nights and Park Vue Inn provided the breakdown of charges listed below (room rates + taxes and fees). If I ran the transaction, would I find two charges on my credit card? One charge being $547.56 plus another for $23.40 ($11.70 x 2 nights)? This would bring the total cost to $570.96.

October 3, 2018 219.00
October 4, 2018 229.00
Subtotal 448.00
Tax and Fees 99.56
Total 547.56

That's pretty shady if they are charging for fees separately and not itemized on any transaction statement.

Were these charges a separate line item that showed up as a different transaction on your credit card? For example, I did a mock reservation on their website for two nights and Park Vue Inn provided the breakdown of charges listed below (room rates + taxes and fees). If I ran the transaction, would I find two charges on my credit card? One charge being $547.56 plus another for $23.40 ($11.70 x 2 nights)? This would bring the total cost to $570.96.

October 3, 2018 219.00
October 4, 2018 229.00
Subtotal 448.00
Tax and Fees 99.56
Total 547.56

That's pretty shady if they are charging for fees separately and not itemized on any transaction statement.

It’s run as one charge and they add the fee to the taxes. Taxes are 17%, so with your example, they’ve added in the fee on top of the taxes. When you make a reservation and get an email confirmation, it specifically states a $11.70 per night resort fee is added to the taxes. I called about it and they said it’s new. It’s annoying that they don’t state it on their site.

I don't mind that since they do provide free parking and wifi and a decent breakfast . Just sucks that they aren't more upfront about the cost.

If you call and make your reservation don't forget to ask for the returning guest discount.

I don't mind that since they do provide free parking and wifi and a decent breakfast . Just sucks that they aren't more upfront about the cost.

If you call and make your reservation don't forget to ask for the returning guest discount.

Yep, that’s what I wasn’t happy about. Just tell me up front, don’t hide it in the total cost. And yep, we always ask for returning discount :) for that trip their cost is same as CCI but when we go back later in the year, we’re staying there. I’m curious to try it, never been

Yep, that’s what I wasn’t happy about. Just tell me up front, don’t hide it in the total cost. And yep, we always ask for returning discount :) for that trip their cost is same as CCI but when we go back later in the year, we’re staying there. I’m curious to try it, never been

That is annoying. We were going to try it this year because for once it is cheaper than BWPPI, but this may mean not by much so I may not. I hate resort fees, particularly when they are "snuck in". Just be honest about the room rate - jeesh!

We’ve stayed twice at The Anaheim Hotel. Clean rooms, newly renovated. Nothing fancy. Great location a block from gates. Nice grounds, huge pool and has Pizza Press restaurant off lobby. We request a balcony room. 1st floor patios look nice too, but I prefer upper floor in case there are jumping kids above me! Not all buildings have balcony so I make that my request.
Good customer service. First trip my AC and safe weren’t working. Guy came up within 5 min to fix.
It’s great being walking distance and not relying on shuttle.
Good rates.

I just booked this hotel through get away today after getting some good reviews from a Disneyland Facebook group. It had the best price on harbor with the 5th night free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter