• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

I used to live just a couple blocks from Levain Bakery. There was always a line there.

Pecan pie from family recipe. A Thanksgiving tradition here.
Did not make all of the usual pies because of, you know, small gatherings.
Safe and blessed Thanksgiving all!!!

Baked some of those pre-made sugar cookies with the turkey design through them yesterday - not homemade, but tradition.

Also made chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered almonds.

Today's pie doesn’t get “baked” - it’s got a shortbread crust, like the graham cracker kind.

I will be doing a baked Mac ‘n cheese, though, if we’re counting non-sweets.

I made a pumpkin roll for dessert today. It was my first try at a rolled cake. It's not picture-perfect, but it's not a complete failure either. (Next I want to try one with a chocolate cake and vanilla cream filling -- like a giant Hostess Ho-ho!)

Made a Dutch Apple Pie and a Tollhouse Pie for tonight’s dessert. I figured since we are staying in I would bake them after dinner so they are still warm when we are ready for dessert. Apple is in now. Tollhouse bakes at a lower temp so it will be next.

We had lasagna and dinner rolls tonight. The dinner rolls were so soft and buttery.
Then my son also made some ice cream sandwich cookies to put the homemade ice cream in.

Attachments

• E40749F1-909D-460A-9BEA-0439B12384AE.jpeg
    E40749F1-909D-460A-9BEA-0439B12384AE.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
  • BB29F2A6-334F-45D8-AFDD-937D3623D316.jpeg
    BB29F2A6-334F-45D8-AFDD-937D3623D316.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9
I made a cream cheese pound cake this week to take to my SIL's for Thanksgiving. I always forget just how long it takes to bake that sucker and end up staying up later than I had planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter